Author Topic: Preschool Insights and Experiences  (Read 224750 times)

bzmom

• Junior GirlTalker
Re: Preschool Insights Again, Please
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2009, 03:06:40 pm »
my son is 2.6yrs old na enjoy nia yung summer class nia kaya we decided to proceed w/ the regular class

ditdit

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2009, 03:36:18 pm »
anyone who knows preschool in caloocan (near balintawak, malabon or even QC area)

Thanks.

ilaybalilay

• Junior GirlTalker
    • Wear Your Baby online store
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2009, 12:42:57 pm »
i just enrolled my 3 1/2 year old to kalinga day care center in UP diliman. i know it's not a preschool but i've heard lots of positive feedback about it. this is the 1st time my kid's going to school except for sunday school. my friend from UP FLCD told me it's a good first school since hindi stressful sa bata ang pagpunta dito. they have lots of learning activities but they won't be focusing on academics. i'm ok with this since i believe in learning through play. sana nga ok din to sa anak ko.
wear your bebe now!

iflipcess

• I am anything in between!
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2009, 10:58:01 pm »
I enrolled my son in HedCen (The Little Farm House) they are the only well-known progressive school in Antipolo. Tuition is around 63K kasama na books, uniforms, school kits and snacks, for whole year na siya. Originally, we wanted to enroll him sana sa Rosehill Paref but hindi pa kami kasal ng father nya so, hindi sya pede dun  :-[, but I heard a lot of good feedbacks naman sa Hedcen so I am hoping it's all worth it na dun mag-aral ang anak ko.
Other people are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.

ratacutie

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2009, 05:42:58 pm »
My daughter attended Saturday Todller Classes before in Toddler's Unlimited in Alabang since she was 1.5 years old.  Ok na ok sya.  She had fun because their basic principle is learning through play.

Now, she is attending "regular" school (3X a week lang kasi ayaw ko magsawa) at Childstart International in Paseo.  We are very happy with the school as well.  They have an individualized teaching method for the academics so we are happy with it as my daughter develops at her own pace.  Medio mabilis kasi matuto anak ko and I dont think a traditional setting at this early stage would benefit her.  We plan to enroll her in my alma mater na big school next year..kinder 1 naman.

Chili1113

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2009, 07:40:30 am »
I m so happy with my son's school now which is CCE or Center for Childhood Education in Corinthian Gardens.

My son has really blossomed in that school. He is learning so much. But most importantly Ive noticed the vast improvement in terms of his behavior and maturity.

I have been to two other schools before CCE. And I must say that CCE is perfect for a transition school to big school. Lots of activities, very dedicated directress.

For young kids naman, I would suggest Toddlers Unlimited. Its very progressive and play based.

Please check check check the school before enrolling. I had a really bad experience in my son's school last year! The activities they were asked to do were not age appropriate such as writing the words "grandmother, grandfather etc" at 2 and a half years old! My son was traumatized for a while and hated doing paper tasks even coloring and painting! good thing he is slowly enjoying it again.

Chili1113

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2009, 07:42:10 am »
would also want to add pala... that the quality of the school has nothing to do with how expensive the tuition fees are.

That horrible fake montessori school I am referring to is even more expensive than Toddlers Unlimited and CCE. What a waste!!!

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2009, 08:55:18 am »
^ Chili, I read your comment in mom exchange and I really feel bad that such an expensive and "Montessori" label toting school would assign writing drills to very young children.  That particular school is near my office haha.

I'm glad that you've found the right school for your son now.  We mommies must really do our research before sending our children to a school.  Expensive does not necessarily equate to good quality. :)

momitch

• Probationary
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2009, 12:10:07 pm »
Mommies, 

Which is better KUMON or Enopi? Important ba talaga ito?   Hope to hear feedbacks.  TIA

LOVEmyLIFE

• Lovin' the way you're lovin' me...
  • GirlTalker
  • I LOVE MY BEIBEH AND MY BABY!^^
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2009, 01:09:11 pm »
^ sis, I think it isn't important for kids, especially preschooler to attend such lalo na kapag SAHM ka naman. POV ko lang, Nakakatrauma naman sa bata if galing na siya ng school then magtututorial pa siya. I think kids need a break after school. Remember they're still kids and need a lot of time for play. They also learn mostly from play. Kaya if OK naman ang performance niya sa school, hayaan mo lang. Kasi hindi naman mapipilit ang bata mag-aral ng mag-aral hanggang sa tumalino if it isn't what they really want. Hope I helped! :)
living life to the fullest...

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2009, 01:14:55 pm »
^^ Correct me if I'm wrong but Kumon is basically worksheet-driven and rote learning/memorization, right?  It helps in the sense that the child is drilled into learning.  However, the wisdom of such technique is open to debate.

^I agree.  It's better to nurture our children so that they may develop an inherent curiosity and love for learning rather than make them take tutorial lessons (unless they need a bit of help).   

ilaybalilay

• Junior GirlTalker
    • Wear Your Baby online store
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2009, 08:32:17 pm »
i agree with LOVEmyLIFE and marose17.

in our case, wala pa talaga akong planong ipasok ang anak ko sa preschool, she's 3 1/2. but she always looks forward to sunday school and she doesn't get to interact much with other kids kaya at the last minute (1st week of june na ata yon), i decided to enroll her at kalinga daycare center. i chose that school because i don't want to pressure my kid with academics this early.

just finished reading this book, YOUR CHILD'S GROWING MIND. it stresses the importance of age-appropriate activities for your child's development. for example, the author says you can teach your baby to read. but since the baby's brain is not yet ready to comprehend what he/she reads, the baby will resort to rote memorization and use the "primitive" part of the brain. this may inflict long-term damage since reading comprehension may not be automatic.

imho, i don't want a superbaby. i just want my kid to enjoy her childhood and hope that i'm arming her with the right tools to live life to the fullest.
wear your bebe now!

rotap

• GirlTalker
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2009, 11:13:25 pm »
I m so happy with my son's school now which is CCE or Center for Childhood Education in Corinthian Gardens.

My son has really blossomed in that school. He is learning so much. But most importantly Ive noticed the vast improvement in terms of his behavior and maturity.

I have been to two other schools before CCE. And I must say that CCE is perfect for a transition school to big school. Lots of activities, very dedicated directress.

For young kids naman, I would suggest Toddlers Unlimited. Its very progressive and play based.

Please check check check the school before enrolling. I had a really bad experience in my son's school last year! The activities they were asked to do were not age appropriate such as writing the words "grandmother, grandfather etc" at 2 and a half years old! My son was traumatized for a while and hated doing paper tasks even coloring and painting! good thing he is slowly enjoying it again.

Oh grabe naman at 2 and half they would let them write those words!  eh kahit 4 years old nga hirap magsulat ng single letter ...grr
--each affects the other and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one-- m. albom

http://myfashiontreats.multiply.com/

rotap

• GirlTalker
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2009, 11:23:05 pm »
this thread has been so helpful nakaktuwa magbasa...medyo na pressure ako na me 2 years old na kaya na magsulat hehehhe so pag nasa mood ang son ko i'll try to teach him how to write mga letters ... :D he's turning 2 next month ...anyway any reviews naman sa pre school in san juan area? thanks! :)
--each affects the other and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one-- m. albom

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2009, 08:59:28 am »
^ I heard that Explorations pre-school is very good.  Please check the website of mom exchange for comments.

rotap

• GirlTalker
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2009, 12:20:03 pm »
^ I heard that Explorations pre-school is very good.  Please check the website of mom exchange for comments.

ok thanks sis i will research nga sa school na yan =)

helencons

• frustrated preschool teacher(hoping to fulfill this dream someday)
  • GirlTalker
    • the busy toddler
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2009, 01:30:31 am »
^^^ditto,ive heard good reviews from moms who send their kids to explo..

kaya lang, parang di ko kaya yung tuition nila (actually si hubby ang sure na magrereact)..more than 100k daw kasi..kayang iaccept ni hubby na mahal na ang preschool talaga (kaya pa nya ang 70-85k) pero di na nya kakayanin ang 100k (figuratively speaking)

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2009, 10:29:37 am »
Mommies, I found this article in MSN.  Naku, I hope kindergarten/prep schools here in the Phils. won't become like those in the US.  I'd feel very concerned for my children if this happens. :o

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32404017/ns/health-kids_and_parenting/?GT1=43001

gelei

• career woman turned full time wifey and mom to my two adorable and cutey chickboys!
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • love to be a mom & wife =D
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2009, 11:16:17 am »
i just enrolled my 3 1/2 year old to kalinga day care center in UP diliman. i know it's not a preschool but i've heard lots of positive feedback about it. this is the 1st time my kid's going to school except for sunday school. my friend from UP FLCD told me it's a good first school since hindi stressful sa bata ang pagpunta dito. they have lots of learning activities but they won't be focusing on academics. i'm ok with this since i believe in learning through play. sana nga ok din to sa anak ko.

sis saan banda sa UP ang kalinga day care center sa loob ba ng UP FLCD sa college of home economics.. yan ba yun sis? kasi alam ko sa may FLCD pumapasok dati mga kids ni maricel laxa-pangilinan.. how much tuition fee sis saka ano requirements.. sorry if I have lots of questions agad ha.. I've a son kasi who's turning two na.. thanks sis!!! :)
..missing someone gets easier everyday because eventhough you are one day further from the last time you  saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will..

Love is an ideal thing, marriage is a real thing!

LOVEmyLIFE

• Lovin' the way you're lovin' me...
  • GirlTalker
  • I LOVE MY BEIBEH AND MY BABY!^^
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2009, 11:22:53 am »
^^ I hope so too! Baka hindi ko na papasukin muna ang daughter ko pagnagkataon and ako na lang magtutor sa kanya at home. :D It can also lead to delinquency since magiging suppressed ang childhood nila. Kids should be kids.
living life to the fullest...

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close