Author Topic: Kaya mo bang walang katulong/driver (househelp)  (Read 137093 times)

blooming

• Senior GirlTalker
Re: Kaya mo bang walang katulong/driver (househelp)
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2008, 10:29:43 pm »
^^ yeah, pag 2 lang kayo mag-asawa, kaya definitely. so long as hindi super laki ng house nyo, ok na dapat.  pero once mabuntis ka or with kids/babies/toddlers, ke hirap!

summer02

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2008, 10:38:57 pm »
We have a 6y/o girl and a baby on the way, kaya naman as long as I can get help from my in laws whenever I need one.

ADreamer

• GirlTalker
    • Pinay Mommy ADreamer
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2008, 11:45:40 pm »
I am a stay at home wife and mom with no yaya or helper.
I do everything in the house plus taking care of our almost 10 month old daughter. At first it was hard because I had to learn things by myself. My mom didn't allow me to go near our kitchen when our cook's doing something or when she's baking. I had my own yaya until I was 24 years old (that was just last year!lol). SO there, I couldn't even cook rice! *even don't know how rice cooker or washing machine operate*

But look at me now. I am the master of everything! I do laundry, I cook!!!, I clean our condo EVERYDAY, I clean the bathroom, Iron, Grocery lists, change nappies, play with my daughter, teach her stuff, walk her in the mall, let her play at the playground, give her a bath, a massage, AS IN EVERYTHING! PLus being a wife.

Kaya naman. I think if the situation demands it, kaya natin and depende din how you cope with it. But I'm no martyr. I too get tired so I get cranky and moody at times. Hubbie understands naman and he's sensitive enough to pick up our daughter to give me some space for a while.
A String of three strands is not easily broken.

kaiz

• Super GirlTalker
  • My Son, My Happiness, My Life
    • WACKER e-Store
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2008, 02:47:24 am »
kayang kaya kung ako lang mag isa  ;) pero with hubby and the baby, i doubt kung kakayanin na walang katulong
..true strength is being able to hold it all together when everyone else is expecting you to fall apart..

..i am your mona lisa..

threehundredquotes.blogspot.com

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2008, 11:39:48 am »
Kaya ko yan, in the US nakakayanan ko eh.

But here in the Phils?  Sige basta I will live in a condo and may lavandera service and food delivery now and then .  Kasi hindi ako magaling mag plancha.  LOL  OO oo kaya even with my business load and kids kasi toddlers naman and I can just bring them to our office.  OO oo kahit na pa senyorito pa ang husband ko dito.  Basta nga live in a condo.  And I have exclusive use of 1 driver.

Yeah, didn't we all grow up with maids nga naman.  Now I have a lavandera-planchadora (but my Valet Shop bill is also P2thou per month);  2 cleaners, 1 midwife yaya, 1 trusted girl who goes around with me or the 1st kid, 2 cooks (yung 1 cleans din), and 7-8 gardeners who come every 3 weeks plus a poolboy who comes 3x a week plus 2 drivers.  For irregular jobs like change bulbs (high ceilings kasi) or put up the Xmas lights on the trees -- I have a designated team from our construction labor pool. 

Now, kung naka condo kami -- wow!  heaven.  Even if I do everything (except laundry and ironing naman please) -- I am sure enjoy pa rin ako and will have time to watch the sunrise/sunset.  Heaven!  Walang kausap na helper, walang kinukulit, walang kelangan i-monitor -- yan heaven!

andreil_19

• Love me or Leave me, proud to be a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • peek-a-boo!!
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2008, 11:50:59 am »
yes, noong dalawa pa lang kami ng husband ko.i don't like the idea of hiring a maid before because i can do household chores naman. But now the situation is different we have a toddler to take care of. Just like Adreamer said if the situation demands it, you don't have any choice but to perform the errands.

bawal ang negative vibes. ♥♥♥

mommy_me

• mom - wife - scrapbooking addict - and a
  • GirlTalker
  • Be the best that you can be!!!
    • mommy's little angels
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2008, 12:01:26 pm »
with 2 kids ages 7 and 4. kaya naman. my mother comes once a week to help me with the laundry and walis ng paligid sa labas ng bahay. other chores like cook, iron and cleaning the house kaya ko nman. pero kapagod...
You cannot perfect motherhood but you can always give your best...

mrs.S.

• S H A W T Y M◎mma ✿ L♡ving Wifey ✿ Air Hockey,Yoga,"List"-L♡vin' ✿ Kinda☺ DiY FaBu
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Destiny is the bridge you build to the one you LUV
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2008, 01:56:50 pm »
Growing up meron kaming maids no drivers ( for our business meron but personal wala ), my hubby would say I was spoiled but I am good in the kitchen and I can clean...I should say I survived.. I had 2 maids before we came here sa US but they were giving me a hard time. Its hard doing all the stuff here but you have appliances that can make your job a lot easier. Kailangan lang talaga i-organize lahat. I do most of the housework but hubby does the laundry and iron (bagsak talaga ako dito). Hubby din tidy our room and other places in the house so ok lang kasi shared work naman. I dont know lang for now what the scenario will be if I start working...

my_sky

• GirlTalker
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2008, 05:17:05 am »
Mahirap ng walang maid.  Ang dami kailangan gawin, and konti lang yung time.  Kaya naman kung sa kaya, pero major hassle pag walang maid.

Papermoon

• GirlTalker
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2008, 04:50:07 pm »
I just found out I can!  :)

We just moved into a condo and I felt I have no need for househelps.  Of course I'm a stay at home mom so I have all the time to do the chores.  And my kids are older na...I want them to be independent, they're so used to having a yaya around.  So far so good naman, and I'm so proud of my kids, I can see the changes, tuwang tuwa kami ng husband ko.

My days are actually less stressful.  I don't have to worry about the maids anymore, what they did or didn't do and what to feed them.  Pag lunch kasi salad lang kinakain ko, e kung may maid kelangan pa magluto. 

Ayaw ko na din mag-driver.  For more than 15 years may driver kami esp. when the kids were still little.  Now my 2 older kids drive na and I drive too, so no need for a driver.  Isang sakit sa ulo din kasi ang driver sa experience ko lalo na pag matagal na sa 'yo.

Pero may cleaning lady/plantsadora ako who comes in once a week...kasi ayaw ko maglinis ng banyo! 

spicyangel

• crazy angel
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • im forever yours....you are forever mine..
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2008, 11:28:00 am »
yakang yaka!  ;D  kahit lumaki ako na may maid kami (3 pa) natutunan ko na lahat yan ng mag asawa ako... and i know sa states di uso maid kaya may advantage ako.  :D
"If you don't like something change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain"

Joycy

• Living life with integrity and order...
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • is in love with Kakashi Hatake
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2008, 12:09:58 am »
To be honest, hindi.  ;D

Hindi ko kaya. Not because im rich (which im not) but because i don't know any household chores. Tamad ako eh.

Kaya ko walang driver, pwede naman ako magtaxi. And i do know how to drive, nahihirapan lang ako minsan maghanap ng parking. ANg layo pa yung lalakarin tapos mainit.  :(

Without a cook, i can eat out. So it wont be a problem.

I can also drop my clothes in a laundry shop so di rin problema ang laundry. But since i haven't tried it ever, i don't know kung kasali na sa service ng laundry shop yung pamamalantsa.  ;D

But i do need someone to clean the house. Hindi pwedeng may alikabok.  ;D
God tied u and I together by our little fingers with a long red string. This bond of destiny cannot be seen and there is no map leading to u. So i will fall in love with u when i meet u.

follow me @ www.twitter.com/Venus914

loveforall

• GirlTalker
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2008, 12:18:19 am »
kung sa bahay lang ako at wala akong work,kaya ko.lagi ko ngang sinasabi sa manang ko at yaya, alam nyo kaya ko namang gumawa dito sa bahay(at mas maayos pa)kaso andito kayo kaya ano pa gagawin nyo... i know how to cook,clean the house,mamalengke,  drive..all around ang lola.pero asahan ng asawa ko pagdating nya,laspag na ako at di na nya ako mapapakinabangan.. ;D

mikey_mouse_219

• Super GirlTalker
  • life is full of surprises!
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2008, 03:10:41 pm »
for now oo kaya naman, since its just me and my husband sa unit.

but since im giving birth in a few weeks, naku goodluck if i can still manage the household!!  ;D
Being a mom and a wife are the biggest responsibility i have...

But heck, I'm loving it!!!

mama squeak!

• Global Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2008, 05:57:07 pm »
When hubby and I still lived in our townhouse (it's for sale! anybody interested PM me ;D ) nakayanan ko for 10 years. Now after moving to a bigger house, di ko na kayang maintain. We have one manang who does the cleaning and cooking. And our laundry is done outside. We don't need a driver since it's only a 15-20 minute drive to our respective workplaces. 

:)

shopaholic_in_rehab

• VIP
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2008, 04:09:57 pm »
oo naman. I also grew up with 2 househelps pero kaya naman. When we were young hindi naman kami sinanay ng mom ko na lahat iaasa lahat sa kasama sa house. MArunong kami ng gawaing bahay except lang siguro ang laba at plantsa mabigat kasi talaga yun. Even if we have helps kapag nagdidinner kami isa sa aming magkakapatid ang maghuhugas ng plates. Meron taga linis ng bahay etc. Pero ngayon malalaki na kami and all working, no time na kami gumawa sa house dahil lahat busy and pagod na pag uwi kaya sa mga kasama muna. Driver di naman need, marunong kami magdrive and if ever kailangan bigla ng magddrive ng mom ko or ng isa sa mga kapatid ko always willing kami maging driver.

When time comes na i'll live on my own or with bf, choice ko pa rin may help. Not because kelangan ko ng gagawa but because matatakutin ako. Can't leave or stay in one place na maiiwan ako mag isa.

sieggy

• sweet-tooth mommy and
  • GirlTalker
  • i love my lil stinker
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2008, 10:10:23 pm »
Kaya naman. Kaya lang may ibang chores na hindi ko talaga magagawa. Like yung mag linis ng bathroom at mag plantsa. So I pay someone na lang to do that.  ;D

Home mom ako and 2 lang kami sa bahay. Ako at yung son ko na toddler pa so very likot and kulit. Hindi naman mahirap linisin yung bhay at hindi naman masyadong nadudumihan. My son always put his things to right places. Its important to teach yung anak mo na tulungan ka din. Discipline din yun e. And also try to organize your things. Right places for everything kung baga.
Hate to see someone alive because you can't afford a killer! :P

Haters are people who dedicate so much time to keep you on their mind. Means, they're just your fans in disguise. Love them! ;)

leletmd

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2008, 03:44:04 pm »
Before when it was just hubby and me, ok lang without a helper. No problem with cleaning the house and all kasi I find it therapeutic. I just have the laundry done at my parent's house.
But now, since I have a 14 month old son, hindi na pwede walang helper. I have 2 helpers now, one all around and the other one is supposed to function as a yaya but since di sya like masyado ng son ko and he prefers the other one over the yaya, I just said they should help each other out na lang. But, I feel that mas malinis yung house when I was the one cleaning.

Edythe

« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2008, 03:03:06 pm »
Kaya ko lahat yan, kaso makakapagod din

Cherniguin

• Super GirlTalker
  • Do the math. Count your blessings.
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2008, 08:46:58 am »
I can.  Well, as long as I don't cook.  My hubby is not the lazy type and he's very tidy and helpful around the house so no problem.  And there's the washing machine and a separate dryer so life's a lot easier.  I also love to do ironing.  And here in Brunei, everything is within reach, you won't need a driver. 

Pero dito, I can't live without our gardener and grass-cutter.  Kaya ko ng walang maid but not these 2 guys.

It's easier for us kasi I don't work (& hubby's always around, di siya ma-barkada & he never worked late) and we have no kids (though 4 dogs are a handful!)...
For the wonder of who I am, I praise YOU.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close