Author Topic: Chinese Schools (preschool,primary and HS)  (Read 270374 times)

hannabishi

• Junior GirlTalker
Re: Chinese Schools (preschool,primary and HS)
« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2008, 09:22:14 am »
I am single and I am NOT planning to get married or pregnant anytime soon but ever since I was a college freshman, I always knew what school will I send my future kids to if ever my boyfie and I end up together and decide to settle in the Philippines. The school is no other than Xavier School. My boyfie's nephew studies here and he can now speak basic Mandarin at age 4. The school is one of the best in the country and the alumni are the top movers of the business world. Haha. I sound like Xavier paid me to advertise. :D Btw, this is in case we have a boy. For girls, I am not sure pa but more or less likely, it's gonna be ISM;)

jasmville

• misis' musings
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2008, 01:09:52 pm »
my hubby is chinese and we do plan to send my baby to a chinese school pag nagaaral na sya..

here are our tope 3 choices:
st. jude -- my choice
uno -- his choice
chiangkai-- also his choice

knowing mahirap turo sa st jude and sobrang strict sa uno, baka sa changkai na lang

what do you think?

juana123

• Probationary
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2008, 11:45:22 am »
You might be interested on this forum  :D

"What's the best Chinese High School? St.Jude? UHS? GCHS? CKSC? SSHS? HCHS?"

The link:  http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21087

cati

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2008, 11:53:17 am »
yung chinese international school sa mc kinley mukhang okay...maganda ang vicinity

chariana10

• Probationary
« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2008, 12:24:04 pm »
how about Laguna area, may alam ba kaung chinese schools dito?

bzmom

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #85 on: November 26, 2008, 01:08:32 pm »
^ang alam ko sabi ng friend ko kung gusto mo sa jubilee mag aral anak mo dapat since nursery dun na siya mag aral. hindi daw sila nag a-accept ng transferee. i'm not sure though.

check na lang sa website nila. gusto ko nga pag aralin anak ko dun kaso hindi pa aabot yung age niya for nursery e. made-delay pa siya ng 1yr if ever, kaya sa grace na lang para tuloy tuloy.

sis anong website nila?

juana123

• Probationary
« Reply #86 on: November 26, 2008, 08:11:14 pm »
Try to visit the link below. It is a list of chinese schools in MM with their corresponding profile. :)

http://www.pcerc.org/Schools/Manila.htm
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 08:23:38 pm by juana123 »

diwata

• Never spend money that you don't have yet. - Thomas Jefferson
  • Super GirlTalker
  • I love me!
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2008, 06:54:20 am »
I studied in Grace Christian High School from Kindergarten to Elementary. Since we can no longer afford the tuition fees for high school, I took the entrance exam for Quezon City Science High School and I passed!

I think Grace Christian did a great job educating me specially in the Mathematics area (By the way, I'm a graduate of UP Diliman Math-Physics Major ;) I'm not bragging sisses ha, I just want to emphasize the fact that they did well in honing my basic math skills.). For the Chinese classes, it was more of memorization. And I don't think it's a good school for non-Chinese speaking students from Non-Chinese speaking families (I'm purely Pinoy.). Even though I stayed there for 8 years only (I skipped Nursery.), I was only able to remember a few words. It was not a great help to make me learn another language. But this was back in 1988-1996. Things might have changed already. From what I've heard, they've started teaching simplified Chinese right after I transferred schools.

As for the administration and teachers, I hated one of my Chinese school teachers. I can't remember what grade I was in then. But I remember, she favored a classmate who was then the supervisor's grandson. We had an examination and the grandson passed his paper already. He went back to his seat and then stood up and asked for his paper back because he remembered the answers on some of the questions he missed. The teacher returned the test paper to the grandson. We knew it was wrong. But we were so young then. We, students, just sat there, stunned. I hated her. She was quite discriminatory, too. A classmate and I were obviously not Chinese, and she would stare at both of us with disgust whenever we pronounced characters incorrectly and that we're not able to compose a grammatically correct sentence. I did not understand what that meant before, that it was an act of discrimination. But I feel uncomfortable whenever she does that. I feel so humiliated and little back then. And that wasn't how she treated my other classmates. She ignores the mistakes of my other classmates during recitation. I hope she's not there anymore.
"Love requires one to be strong." - Leo Buscaglia (Love)

bump

• Work at home mom
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • living a charmed life
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2008, 07:22:30 am »
^oh you're from QSCI. my hubs too.

for me learning a second language isn't hard lalo na kung bata pa. ako i learned french & became fluent when i was in college. it's a matter of patience, interest & perseverance ng teachers lang talaga.
Je suis pre mon amour.

I am ready my love

<Signature modified by admin>

melody_joyjoy

• GirlTalker
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2008, 07:50:53 am »
my hubby is chinese and we do plan to send my baby to a chinese school pag nagaaral na sya..

here are our tope 3 choices:
st. jude -- my choice
uno -- his choice
chiangkai-- also his choice

knowing mahirap turo sa st jude and sobrang strict sa uno, baka sa changkai na lang

what do you think?

for chiang kai shek, maraming lessons sa chinese every 5 days ang test ng major subject sa chinese.  kaya minsan in a quarter we have 7 lessons, and lahat yun kasama sa periodical exam.  but if kakayanin and mabilis mag-aral ang kid, kaya naman.   

sarahsensible

• Professional Makeup Artist. Mom of 4. Happy Wife
  • Super GirlTalker
    • I kiss and makeup
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2008, 10:20:24 am »
My sisters's bff used to study in Grace, when she was there, she was just an average student. Time came after primary school..they can't afford the tuition so she had to take an exam from Manila science naman since it's near from where they used to live. At first, she was hesitant and anxious not to pass, But she passed naman, and she was excelling in Math.

I think I've already mentioned before on the 1st page that my granny used to teach Math in Grace - so she is our personal tutor in Math as well..memorize kung memorize ito, so I never had problems with Math.

by the way am from QCSH too.. ;D then UP-d my major was broadcasting naman  ;D yes I don't really like math, but am not that bad in math. 

Xavier gives me a good impression when it comes to businesses and connections.
our 4th baby... Nicole Adrianna ;)

prettymom

• the best is yet to come...
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • i am a wife and a mom, but i am also my own woman!
    • jingmt.multiply
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2008, 04:49:06 pm »
i also want my daughter to go to a chinese school. we are pure filipino but when we enrolled her in early achievers i noticed that she learned the language easily and it would be her advantage to know the language.
for those who are really chinese, ask ko lang kasi  my daughter knows some basic chinese, do you think she will have a hard time if i'll enroll her in ICA? it is what her teacher recommends.
2025 is when we expect to experience WATER SHORTAGE...how young will our children then be? ACT NOW! PLS. TAKE CARE OUR EARTH, WE ONLY HAVE 1!

Kitchen Goddess

• Super GirlTalker
    • my food blog
« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2008, 08:22:44 pm »
my daughter is currently in prep 3 sa St. Jude :)
pure Filipino kame. 3rd choice namin ang St. Jude for our daughter. first is U.P.I.S. kaya lang Filipino pa rin ang mode of instruction and sobrang layo from our place. next is St. Scholastica pero aside from malayo rin, ayaw ni hubby ng all-girls school. so ayun, sa St. Jude sya. thankfully, graduate sya ng nursery & kinder sa Sacred Heart (me branch sa Binondo near Starbucks/Citibank) and me basic Mandarin lessons. So plus factor na agad yun when she had her interview sa St. Jude (entrance test, group activity & interview) and love nya yun big yellow schoolbus! ;D

di naman problem for her ang Mandarin, in fact she excels pa nga. sa English subjects kase me erasures/pangit penmanship me minus points na agad sa tests. me mga extra-curricular din sa St. Jude like glee club, dance club and me other activities like Fun Day/Sportsfest, fieldtrips, etc. me ballet lessons din for pre-schoolers under Ballet Manila (Lisa Macuja). for Mandarin subjects pala, meron syang tutor but yun English subjects ako na ang nagtuturo..

and nasanay na rin kame na 1 day lang ang weekend rest since me pasok ng Saturday and no class ng Thursdays.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 08:26:15 pm by Kitchen Goddess »
"Not to live for the day, but to treasure the day." - Audrey Hepburn

http://thekitchengoddess.blogspot.com
http://vivamanilena.blogspot.com

raine18

• Probationary
« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2008, 01:49:26 am »
prettymom: i dont think your daughter will have a hard time studying in ica. a lot of filipino children studies there and they excel in chinese naman. i came from ica so i can tell you first hand that u will not have regrets enrolling your daughter in ica. good foundation and ok ang environment.

crepesuzette

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2009, 01:31:45 pm »
me chinese school ba around paranaque area?

sweety_paige

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2009, 02:10:32 pm »
Sis Kitchen Goddess, maganda din ba ang teaching method sa sacred heart?
Remember my name, you'll realize how you let go of the one that has done nothing but just to love you.

sexyladyyy

• GirlTalker
« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2009, 09:49:00 pm »
the makati hope ba accepts 3 yr old for prenursery? what is the requirements and feedback about this school. konti lang kasi nakita kong feedback on this. thanks!

sweety_paige

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #97 on: January 30, 2009, 11:52:51 pm »
Any feedback sa UNO high school?
Remember my name, you'll realize how you let go of the one that has done nothing but just to love you.

sarahsensible

• Professional Makeup Artist. Mom of 4. Happy Wife
  • Super GirlTalker
    • I kiss and makeup
« Reply #98 on: January 30, 2009, 11:57:05 pm »
sweety_paige - sis repost ko lang feedback ng sisses natin, kasi I asked the same Q's when I opened this thread  ;D

from girl_interrupted:
Re Uno: I've seen the difference of Uneans from other chinese school students. Mas disciplined talaga and mas hindi nahihirapan when they get to college. The cameras are a good way for parents to know that talagang tinututukan ang mga bata. Other principals kasi, walang ginawa kundi magpalamig lang sa office. And the population is small kaya mas personalized ang teaching. Security is also strict.

The downside is walang masyadong extracurricular activities sa UNO.

from misteryosa:
^Uno super strict, every room they have a camera. Ako ayaw ko mga anak ko doon hehe... baka hindi na sila mag grow sa sobrang higpit.
our 4th baby... Nicole Adrianna ;)

sweety_paige

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #99 on: January 31, 2009, 08:37:26 am »
^Totoo kaya na nakaka hinder ng growth dun?

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close