Author Topic: CHINESE WEDDING  (Read 198626 times)

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: CHINESE WEDDING
« Reply #580 on: July 01, 2016, 09:12:24 am »
^as far as I know, attending the reception should be okay. I've seen a lot of pregnant people at wedding receptions. It's the wedding ceremony itself that usually they're not allowed to attend. I think it may be the same for those in mourning? But I'm not sure.  I'll let you know if I hear anything about this :)

Also, I think the tying of the red string was more to protect my pregnant friend and her baby (the couple that got married was filipino, so they didn't have this superstition).

Honestly though, I don't get why your friend is insisting on going. Usually people are so careful about things like this. Especially if there's a chance they might offend the hosts or those getting married! I hope someone (his parents maybe??) will advise him to just not go...

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close