watch now

Author Topic: Questions about IV experience during childbirth  (Read 428 times)

sengtswan

  • Guest
Questions about IV experience during childbirth
« on: June 03, 2023, 06:07:21 pm »
I was recently in the ER (not baby related) and had to get an IV. It wasn?t my first time using an IV but it reminded me of how much I hate them. I can?t bend my arm and have to twist it in a weird way and it feels so sore most of the time. I still have bruising where they put it in (in the crook of my elbow) and I hate it just sticking in there https://19216801.onl/ https://routerlogin.uno/ . I know this will be the least of my concerns compared to GIVING BIRTH but I want to know my options so it?s not being a pain in the butt while I try to stay calm, get as much rest as I can before powering through everything during labor.

I see some pics of the IV placed on the mother?s hand or wrist instead.

Questions for those who have given birth:

Were you medicated or unmedicated? Did they immediately give you an IV or wait until there was a need? Where did they insert the IV?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 10:41:30 pm by sengtswan »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close