watch now

Author Topic: 40's and looking to going back home to the Philippines  (Read 6002 times)

PwedePadala

  • Guest
Re: 40's and looking to going back home to the Philippines
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2018, 09:18:24 am »
@xtne. I'm curious what you plan about the CPP or Canada Pension Plan. Are you going to continue contributing although you are working in the Philippines?

For self-employed, ibabawas o sisingilin yung CPP contribution kapag nagpasa ng income tax kasama na rin ang tax. Babayaran ng self-employed ang share ng parehong employee and employer.

I'm not sure how it works for a Canadian working overseas. By 2019 the CPP employee contribution will increase to 5.95 % while the current rate is 4.95%.

Hope the information helps in your future plans.

agape

  • Guest
Re: 40's and looking to going back home to the Philippines
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2018, 03:55:14 am »
I haven't worked in the past 2.5 years, and I'm also worried about returning to the Job Market in the Philippines due to my age and long work gap. I went traveling around US for two 6-months and 10 weeks backpacking in South East Asia. My travel was really a therapy for me because of 3 reasons: a recent bad past experience at work where I wanted to go AWOL, a bad break-up from a toxic relationship, and burden from family responsibilities being the eldest. It was my way to recover from it all happening on the same year.

PwedePadala

  • Guest
Re: 40's and looking to going back home to the Philippines
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2018, 05:00:52 am »
@agape

That's a great experience. Have you tried couchsurfing, housesitting, worldpacker etc. I also dream of bacpacking with my sister who also loves to travel, take photos, and blog. Sometimes a person has to get away literally to unwind. Good luck to your future adventures wherever it may be.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close