watch now

Author Topic: Play sand  (Read 3745 times)

bluegintonic

  • Guest
Play sand
« on: March 03, 2014, 03:29:03 pm »
Hi sisses/bros I wanna know where to buy play sand in Manila/surrounding areas.My daughter likes playing in the sand and we're going to get a sandbox but I don't know where to buy play sand from.We're in Australia right now and they sell them here in 8 kilo bags.They look brown when moist/wet and dry to a fine grayish white.I'll need about 4-5 bags (4 if 10 kilos/bag).We're relocating to Laguna.
Thanks!

blackcloud

  • Guest
Re: Play sand
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 08:13:43 am »
I'm also on the lookout for play sand for my kid.  The closest I saw was what the gardening shops called Boracay sand, which looked like ordinary beach sand. P100 for 1/2 a kilo.  :o

bluegintonic

  • Guest
Re: Play sand
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 11:06:36 am »
^ that's a good alterntaive however, how fine is this sand kaya? is it like boracay sand, very fine? mahirap kasi i sculpt pag medyo malalaki pa yung grains. Mahal pa rin nga considering it's gonna take 36 kilos to fill my daughter's sandbox.

tiggerlily

  • Guest
Re: Play sand
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 05:33:45 am »
You can try gardening or landscaping stores. We bought ours from the recently shut down manila seedlings so try to find something of the like na lang. HTH

bluegintonic

  • Guest
Re: Play sand
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 10:52:54 am »
^thanks for the tip.we'll be looking for those near Batangas/ Cavite area baka cheaper kasi we plan to settle thereabouts.

vain_kixie

  • Guest
Re: Play sandj
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2016, 06:18:10 pm »
Reviving this thread. Anyone else having a hard time looking for play sand? I need about 4 sacks of play sand. Sa States meron tig $5usd for 50lbs of play sand na color light brown. Im looking for something similar here in Manila. I inquired in a landscaping store and they have something thats white called Japanese sand and its about 50 per kilo... naman i need about 200lbs to fill my sons sand box so sana meron dito who knows where i can buy a cheaper alternative.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close