Author Topic: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?  (Read 17027 times)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2015, 12:48:34 am »
^skela96c Galing mo haha i cant take that pressure! Anyway the reason i was asking about the length is because I've been to a wedding where we were waiting to tear up during the bride's vows but it never happened! Haha ansama ng feeling, tapos na bigla! Im not sure if it was the choice of words or the duration of it pero nabitin kami lahat eh, hehe. I want more impactful vows na memorable din not only for us but for the guests who came all the way to hear them. :)

tiffany24

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2015, 01:57:32 am »
Totoo ba na may extra payment ang personal vows sa catholic church? Parang nabalitaan ko lang :)

imprincessfiona

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2015, 12:30:42 pm »
^Really sis tiffany24? May ganun pala. Ang alam ko na may extra payment is yung pag-open ng door for bride's entrance. OA naman kung pati personal vow may payment din ano yun pera pera na lang? Just my two cents po.

barbeecue

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2015, 02:42:46 pm »
Here is The Wedding Tip Sheet's advice regarding writing your own wedding vows:

I received a pm regarding writing wedding vows...

This is highly personal, but the major points include your feelings about your spouse-to-be and your promises to your partner.

The intro is usually regarding the relationship or how the bride and groom met. Sometimes, the bride or groom mentions how they prayed for a partner just like the one in front of them now.
The middle part contains the promises of the couple to each other. Make it real, avoid motherhood statements so it also touches the hearts of those listening.

There was only one vow, I think, that caused me to get teary eyed. It was the bride talking about how she would still be ready with a brown bag for when the groom feels anxious even when they are old and they have no teeth. (Paraphrased, but definitely when the bride was saying her vows, we felt this was something that's as real as it gets)

The ending would be a message of thanks and love dedicated to the partner.

Hope this helps  :)

tiffany24

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2015, 03:18:46 pm »
Sis imprincessfiona hindi ko pa sure pero yung pag open ng door na may extra payment ngayon ko lang nalaman. Anyway next week n kmi magpapa book ng church so next week pa maliliwanagan ang lahat sa akin 😊

Sis barbecue i saw that post too from ms. Darlene's the wedding tip sheet. Naliwanagan na din nga ako 😊

blackgreen

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2015, 11:09:52 am »
Ang haba ata ng nagawa kong vow. Inorasan ko yun sarili ko 3 minutes and 17 seconds. I think babawasan ko pa to. Baka si hubby eh super short ng vow ako naman super haba.

anneshirley

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2015, 12:54:36 pm »
I've heard a couple whose vows that were quite long and did not have any qualms :) they're a very private and low-key couple to begin with (I'm only know the bride) and, as a guest, I saw the vows as an avenue for me to know more about their relationship.

Regardless of how long the vows/personal messages are, it's really the sentiment behind them that matters :)

corpse_bride

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2015, 02:10:17 am »
Hi mga sis. Medyo OT ata. I just want to ask what if I want to use the church vow then si fiancĂ© kasi doesn't want. How can we compromise kaya? Or better wait for the pre-cana nalang para maliwanagan siya na all in na yung vows?  TIA!

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2015, 10:30:38 am »
nagcompose kami on our own. ang emotional ng araw, iyak lang kami ng iyak kahit di masyado nadidigest yung sinasabi ng isat isa haha. after the wedding nung nagpapahinga na kami, binasa ulit namin yung kanya-kanyang vows sa isat isa:)

twinxz

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2015, 11:48:04 am »
@barbeecue
thanks for reminding na ganto dapat ang vow haha. Been researching na kung paano gumawa ng vows eh. I wonder kailan best gumawa nito (of course, not the day of the wedding or eve of the wedding, di keri ang pressure!) Siguro kung kelan emotional tayong mga girls? (like days before menstruation, haha!)

Pwede din ba i-skip na lang to sa Christian weddings? I'm too shy for this then a lot of people will witness my softer side na very seldom or worse never pa nila nakita sakin. :/

mindiegirl

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2015, 02:37:00 pm »
Before I want to have my own wedding vow. But now, parang I'm having second thoughts na. :( I have this fear na baka 2 sentences lang yung sa groom ko, tapos ako isang bond paper. Haha! I feel kasi na ilang sya magshare sa big audience.

Side note: I have watched JC Alelis' wedding sde, super touching and ganda lang ng vows nila.  ;D


sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2015, 01:44:51 am »
^You guys can talk about it. Not the exact content but the length or the flow. Wag naman isang bond paper! Haha 1-2 minutes daw is recommended to keep the guests' attention.

I just finished mine, minor tweaking nalang if ever, but the fiance hasn't started his. Honestly worried because it's not his thing to write raw emotions... :P Ugh. Will try to talk about it in the coming weeks!

blackgreen

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2015, 01:12:45 pm »
Nakakatuwa naging vows namin ni hubby. Di kami nagusap kung ano magiging content. Since ako una nakagawa sinabi ko na ganito katagal or ganito word count. Gusto pa nga sana namin magbasahan ng vows the night before para kung may ayaw kami ipalagay matatanggal pa, pero we decided na wag na para surprise na lang. Come wedding day, nakakatuwa na parang nagsasagutan yun vows namin. First sentence ni hubby "i love you" first sentence ko "thank you for loving me", madami pa sa vows namin na akala mo nagkkwentuhan kaming 2 sa harap ng families. Hahahaha.. I love how our vows was composed and delivered. Since parehas kaming seryoso sa buhay, konti lang masyado yun nakakatuwang moments, hindi rin kami mushy type kaya wala naman talagang iyakan moments sa vows. :)

simang

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2015, 05:35:13 pm »
I like hearing personal vows, although I feel like minsan, merong iba na nawawala yung essence ng 'wedding vow' itself. Nagiging storytelling sya to the point na wala na yung promise. Kaya minsan I appreciate din the Catholic weddings who are very strict with the traditional vows, kasi in reality yun naman talaga ang essence ng marriage, the vow of unconditional partnership.

Anyway, for us, we'll be compposing our own. Buti na lang din our church allows it. A few weeks ago I tried writing down mine and grabe, di ko natuloy, nagbreak down ako then iyak ako ng iyak mukha akong timang lol. Then the nights after that I kept on repeating the vow that I wrote in my head, and hindi ako makatulog iyak lang ako ng iyak to the point na nagigising ko na si partner kasi i keep on sobbing then he would ask me why I'm crying and hindi ako makasagot. I'm not sure if kaya ko talagang isulat yung message ko, moreso basahin sa kasal namin, kasi hindi ko talaga alam kung pano hindi ako magbebreak down. Haaay. Pero we already agreed that we'll write our own and he even told me na tagalog nya susulatin yung sa kanya.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2015, 05:46:59 pm »
Personally i just dont want to cry during the vow. I might not be able to continue reading it haha and i dont cry pretty so panget sa video. Maybe il practice reading it beforehand just to make sure i deliver it with emotions, but still composed. There are brides though like Patty Laurel who can cry pretty and even continue delivering it well.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 12:43:07 am by sparklingjewel »

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2015, 06:28:30 pm »
That's ok. Crying is not a requirement with personal vows. I'm not a fan of those sobrang haba, mala telenovela na puro arte at walang sense ang content. Importante naman doon is you were able to fulfill all those promises you made in front of God and everyone else.

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2015, 06:38:14 pm »
If you both can sing, kantahin nyo wedding vows nyo :-) nakita ko to sa Sound Salad. Teejay and Sandy are their singers. Kinasal sila kanina and both sang their wedding vows. I didnt know sila pala hihi.

sensi

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2015, 02:06:32 pm »
since mahilig naman akong magcompose ng songs and poems, ofcourse im gonna make my own vows!;)
sarap kayang from the heart talaga galing;)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close