watch now

Author Topic: What online course should I take that is related to IT?  (Read 2005 times)

alluka

  • Guest
What online course should I take that is related to IT?
« on: September 04, 2015, 08:43:25 am »
Hi,
Para po sa IT grad na nagwowork na sa corporate office, ano po masasuggest niyo na online course na dapat ko kunin para magkaroon po ng enough knowledge para makapag-apply kahit hindi IT grad? Or ano yung requirement na hinahanap nila? Kasi diba malawak ang sakop nito.

Pero kung may alam kayo na nagooffer ng short course na may flexible schedule, share niyo nalang po. Malabo na kasi kung mag-enrol ulit ako dahil hindi na carry pa ng budget at graveyard shift rin ako sa work.

Eto po kasi sana gusto kong course dati kaya lang hindi ako pinayagan eh :( So, either mag rely nalang ako sa Internet or short course para makapag shift na rin ako sa work ko.

Thanks sa help  :)

Hevn

  • Guest
Re: What online course should I take that is related to IT?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 01:38:58 pm »
What kind of work are you aiming for after you finish a certain IT course?

Developer/Programmer?
Business Analyst?
Server Administrator?

Answers would depend on what you prefer/like doing. I suggest not settling for "anong requirement hinahanap nila" because it's ultimately, like other careers, about passion. :)

freelancer_babe

  • Guest
Re: What online course should I take that is related to IT?
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 03:45:40 pm »
Have you considered moving out of your current work and applying to (big) companies that offer training upon getting in?

Yun lang when you do this, expect a lower pay kasi entry level job na ang gagawin mo and the company decides where your capabilities are aligned.

kit kat

  • Guest
Re: What online course should I take that is related to IT?
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 01:25:25 pm »
Anong klaseng IT work ba sis ang hanap mo?

Yung comments ko dito are specifically abt software engineering/programming.

Meron companies that offer training to non-IT grads, meron nga lang bond. Ang tip ko lang sa'yo is mamili ka ng papasukan mo. I applied kasi to one (I'm a mass communications grad now into software engineering) and yung napasukan ko super low ng pay, 3 years ang bond and hindi rin maayos sa project rotation kung saan-saan ka lang iaassign. Di naman kita tinatakot just research first.

Kung gusto mo ng free online course search mo CS50, it's a harvard course, introduction to programming. Sa edx website siya.

If paid courses kasi gagastos ka talaga and then one subject at a time lang. I think meron sa TUP na inooffer masteral for IT? Please check na lang I can't remember na.

Meron din 6-month course ang UP ITDC but it's full time and costs about P60k if I'm not mistaken. Ang maganda dito you'll start from the basics and mamimili ka ng specialization. ITDC is also affiliated with reputable IT companies na pwede mag-absorb sa'yo. Based sa mga nabasa ko meron din nakakapunta ng Japan after taking the course.

wavesplashes

  • Guest
Re: What online course should I take that is related to IT?
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 03:00:27 pm »
I agree with kit kat. I was also going to suggest that you check EDX courses - those modules are prepared by prestigious universities like Harvard, Princeton, etc. It's for free but if you'd like to take the course and get a certificate at the end of it, you can pay for it online din.

Share ko lang ha, I am a Systems Analyst, and not to discourage you - but companies I've worked for tend to look for BS graduates. HOWEVEEEER, I must say there are certain ITO companies like HP that can accept career shifters to join as level 1 support engineers. You can start from there. :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close