We have had quite some big-time quarrels.
Usually, we wound with words. These can really be worse than physical blows, IMO.
Once, I kicked a valuable antique jar in anger. (To this day, I really regret doing that. It broke into so many pieces. Thrown away.)
He slapped my arm. To make me stop my rage daw -- kasi there are other nearby jars to kick over pa.
Once, arriving from his afternoon with his kab1tch, I presume, coz he left our office after lunch & no appointments in his schedule -- he came home ang init ng ulo. After what to me was a boring non-confrontational short conversation -- binatukan nya ko sa ulo. Just like that
That was the turning point.
Instantly after, he saw the hatred in my eyes, and backed off. I stood up and pointed a finger at his face: "Do not ever do that again." I saw the surprise and fear in his eyes. He knew he crossed the line, that it would not be forgiven.
Sure, murder was in my eyes. At that time, I assessed if I rushed him, will I be able to make him fall over the rail down to our living room?
Thereafter, I would have recurring dreams of going down to the kitchen, choosing a knife, & slitting his throat while he slept.
Violence breeds Violence.
But we survived all that. He is into continuing True Remorse & Reform. We are better persons, we have a better than ever marriage. It is God's Will, we believe. Thank you, God.
No more recurring dreams of throat slitting for me.
IMO, women who are physically abused are now starting to fight back. Patay kung patay. Or, ipapatay mo sya, sya mauna. Susko
I thus advocate Divorce. Divorce is better than Violence, IMO.
But that's just my opinion, what do I know anyway.