watch now

Author Topic: Mobile Phone 101  (Read 1774 times)

Girltalker2

  • Guest
Mobile Phone 101
« on: October 03, 2014, 09:17:25 pm »

Nakakahiya man aminin, I have to admit, this is my first time to buy a mobile phone, and with all the brands na naglalabasan and their features, I do not know which one to get.  I am also planning to get one with a plan, so I will be stuck with it for 2 years.  So I really need to understand what it is all about.

So need your help/assistance and lots of patience to answer some of my queries.

1.  What does Android 4.4 mean?  How different is it with Android 4.3?

2. 4G din daw dapat?  anong difference ng 4G at 3G?

3. Memory - what memory is enough for music, calendar, pics.  I don't intend to play games with it, if ever, more of card games lang. Don't plan to watch/store videos din, if ever, siguro short videos lang kapag may shows/travels.

a. Difference of internal memory and external? 
Internal memory 16GB enough na ba? Or dapat at least 32GB/64GB? 

b. What does this mean - External memory 128GB via microSD memory card?  May ibang phones kasi na walang external memory. Kailangan ba?

4. Tapos in terms of getting a plan, is data plan 100MB enough or kailangan 2GB? 
- I do not normally use the phone to surf. Once in a while lang kung nawawala ako (location), or need to find a store.  What I use the phone more often is for chats (ie viber)

5.  What can you say about Samsung Galaxy Alpha 32GB?

6. Available na ang Iphone6.  Ok lang ba if I settle for Iphone 5, ano yung ma-m-miss out ko if you take Iphone 5 nalang?


TIA!


ellenmitchie

  • Guest
Re: Mobile Phone 101
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 06:44:02 am »
1. Android 4.4 - This is the operating system version of any Android phones. Android 4.4 is known as Kitkat and 4.3 is Jelly Bean. Android is known for naming their OS anything that screams sweets and yummy ;D (Eclair, Froyo, Honeycomb, etc.) It's just like iOS.

2. Faster speed compared to 3G. Meron din naman sis LTE much faster, though 4G and LTE are almost the same din I guess. Just correct me if I'm wrong.

3. 16GB is usually the starting base memory of most smartphones nowadays. External memory is good especially if you store lots of files like pictures, music, etc. Personally I don't really consume my phone's full memory, since I have a separate gadget for music, and for pictures naman, hindi naman ganun kalakihan so it doesn't really take that much space from my phone. So I think you're good to go with just 16GB.

4. If you have wifi naman sis, you can opt for 100mb. Since sabi mo nga once in a while mo lang siya magagamit. Kung madalas mo siya gagamitin for Viber (assuming you don't have a wifi in your area ha) 2GB is your best bet.

5. Can't really say anything about Alpha aside from it looks like Note 4, but Samsung phones are generally good and sturdy.

6. It's okay to settle for iPhone 5, since you're still new pa naman sa smartphone. I still have my 4S and super okay pa rin sya.

Suggestion ko lang sis ha, if you don't want to explore complicated settings and ayaw ng masyadong arte, get an iPhone. Very easy to use for new users of smartphones. Downside is, you're stuck with iTunes if you're going to transfer files. With Samsung (or any other Android device) drag and drop lang okay na. Though it's a pain on fixing settings sa Samsung. But overall, it boils down to your preference.


Hope it helps! :)



« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 06:48:36 am by ellenmitchie »

Girltalker2

  • Guest
Re: Mobile Phone 101
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 09:35:35 am »
^ thanks sis, superhelpful!

Grabe, ang dami na palang operating systems for android, and lahat iyan napaglipasan nako. 

Baka nga Iphone5 16Gb nalang kunin ko. with a plan of 100MB.

You see, all throughout my career, my phone was provided by the company. So never ko sya naging problema. Now that I left my work, first time akong walang work, so I need something for myself na. Kaya nakakapanibago.

Parang natakot lang ako sa sinabi mong organization ng music. Kasi ngayon, admittedly gulo gulo pa ang music ko. I cannot find them as I am not sure how to sort them - singer ba, songs or album.

What does LTE mean?

ellenmitchie

  • Guest
Re: Mobile Phone 101
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 05:26:15 pm »
^ No problem sis, kahit naman ako dati super clueless what does Android 4.+ means. Nung nag try lang ako ng Samsung saka ko lang nalaman mga yan hehe.

Yung sa pag organize ng music, for me madali lang naman siya pag aralan sis kung iPhone. You'll just have to add them sa iTunes, so that pag sync ng phone malalagay din siya. Pwede mo na din i-sort out on iTunes. Just search for videos sa youtube :)

LTE, an abbreviation for Long-Term Evolution, commonly marketed as 4G LTE (according to wiki) so basically 4G speed din sya. Much faster than 3G.

Girltalker2

  • Guest
Re: Mobile Phone 101
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 12:32:02 am »

^ thanks bro!  typical guy answer  :D

nanghihinayang kasi ako pag hindi ko sya ma optimize sa usage. tapos nakatali ako sa kanya. mukhang ako nga lang din makakaalam kung masusulit sya o hindi.

and also, it is not a matter of iphone 5 or 6, problem ko din talaga 16mb, 32mb, 64mb, etc...

kasi iphone 5 64mb, di na malayo ang price sa iphone 6 16mb.


Girltalker2

  • Guest
Re: Mobile Phone 101
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 11:52:33 pm »

^ thanks ulit, pinalito mo ako.  :D

Now I still have a few days to think it over ulit.

Iphone 5s 16mb or Iphone 6 16mb.


slickchick

  • Guest
Re: Mobile Phone 101
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 02:10:12 pm »
@Girltalker2- since you'll be stuck for two years with the phone you'll be getting, go for the latest model. If its iPhone, go for the 6-- bigger screen, better camera, faster processor. Also, 100MB monthly data is too small nowadays. Better to get unlidata plan as you might find yourself enjoying new apps and uses

sis Girltalker2, if you have the budget naman sis, i agree with what bro jonduh suggested on getting an unlisurf plan. based from my mom's experience, she started with the most basic of the surf plans - 50MB pa ata yun.. kaya lang, with most of the apps being internet dependent (be it a chat app like viber or skype, or social media app like FB, or yung mga practical apps like waze and the app from MMDA) baka mabitin ka sis, or you might just find the unlisurf plan useful. besides sis, if you'll be using an iPhone and you're on an unlisurf plan, the iphone has a special feature (i.e. Personal Hotspot) wherein you can use your iphone as a wifi... so in case your home wifi conks out, pwede mo magamit yung iphone and unlisurf mo..  :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close