watch now

Author Topic: OneWorld  (Read 1629 times)

melodymedley

  • Guest
OneWorld
« on: January 14, 2015, 12:00:53 am »
Anyone who had an experience booking a One-World ticket? The way I understand this, I can purchase a ticket, and I pay the fare based on the distance travelled, within a zone.

I am planning a US-South America trip (I'm flying from Manila to US). The thing is, South America's transportation system is limited to 1) cheap and very slow or 2) fast (fly) but expensive. I am looking at booking four flights separately. Ang mahal na. So I am looking at more economic options for flights.

Circle Atlantic, which covers Asia, US and South America seems the option for me.

I've been reading the website of One world. I want to request a quote (does it happen like that?) for my itinerary. I have the dates and destinations already. The website says the ticket can be booked "directly with a oneworld member airline".

Anyone who did this before? Not sure if I should just call up the airlines or send them an email.

These are the airlines offering this:

    airberlin
    American Airlines
    British Airways
    Cathay Pacific
    Finnair
    Iberia
    Japan Airlines
    LAN
    TAM
    Malaysia Airlines
    Qantas
    Qatar Airways
    Royal Jordanian Airlines
    S7 Airlines
    SriLankan Airlines

Help!  :-\

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: OneWorld
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 08:34:06 am »
^Call CX or send your email at their direct sales team at MNL#DS@cathaypacific.com to request for a quote.

 :)

melodymedley

  • Guest
Re: OneWorld
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 08:58:24 pm »
^Thanks mama squeak :). I'll send them an email after this long vacation.

I hope some of our sissies who had experience with this type of plane ticket will also share their experience.

remilicious

  • Guest
Re: OneWorld
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 08:16:36 pm »
Nacurious naman ako sa Oneworld. I've seen their ads sa airports and magazines. Cheaper ba to avail flights through them? Only for multi-stops ba siya?

melodymedley

  • Guest
Re: OneWorld
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 10:07:19 pm »
Update: CX replied to my query after two working days. Unfortunately, yung route ko pala ay hindi qualified for the Circle Atlantic. And hindi qualified yung Bolivia flights dun sa OneWorld.

@Remilicious: For multiple stops sya and may loops. For example, I was considering Circle Atlantic na loop. Pero dapat eto yung sample route: Manila-US-Peru-Australia-Manila. The way I understand it, you pay based on the miles. So kahit ilang stops, basta within that mile range. Pero dapat yung route, within the ticket loop. Madami pang ibang rules like booking and rebooking, pricing range, you cannot backtrack, etc. I read some threads in Tripadvisor. Ito yung Round-the-world plane ticket. I think cheaper if you plan to travel in the long term.


So I booked the Bolivia flights separately na. I will be booking the other flights soon. Dahan, dahan, keeping an eye on my cash flow and credit card cut-off dates. Masalimuot nga lang to.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close