Author Topic: Interactive Guestbook  (Read 1768 times)

princess_brat

  • Guest
Interactive Guestbook
« on: November 04, 2015, 02:20:22 pm »
I am planning to make an interactive guestbook on my wedding day. Instead of them just saying their congratulatory wishes, I would want them to answer question or share anecdotes about marriage

Example:

Great date night suggestions for the Bride and Groom
How should we celebrate our First Year Anniversary

I know my fellow GT sisters are very creative, so I asking for your ideas on this>

120515

  • Guest
Re: Interactive Guestbook
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 02:29:09 pm »
our main guestbook will be jenga blocks where guests can write their messages for us...so in the future, when we play jenga, we'll see our guests' messages :)

we'll also have a mad lib but it's a star trek-wedding mash-up...there are a lot of wedding mad lib templates online that you can base your own mad lib on.

other ideas i've seen are:
1) puzzles - the guests write their messages on the backs of the puzzle pieces. you can also personalize it by making a wooden puzzle of your photo.
2) framed wooden hearts - guests write their messages on the hearts and then drop it in the frame.
3) instant photos - you can ask guests to take photos with an instant camera and ask them to write their messages on their photos then just clip them on a string line.
4) quilts - this is very popular in the u.s., guests are asked to write on quilt pieces and then the bride puts all the pieces together into a quilt.
5) map - if you have guests coming in from all over the country or the world, you can ask them to write messages for you on a giant map and then you can have it framed and displayed in your house.

corpse_bride

  • Guest
Re: Interactive Guestbook
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 12:57:34 am »
^ ooh I like the quilt & wooden heart idea.. Kaso takot ako with tactless friends.. We have a couple of those.. I read somewhere here din something similar to a "slumbook" forgot the title nga lang.  Something like "wedding of the year".. But yun nga, tactless friends so I'm still thinking about that. Maybe I'll just pluck out the annoying wooden heart haha! Do you know where we could buy those?

120515

  • Guest
Re: Interactive Guestbook
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 09:18:02 am »
^ hi corpse_bride, the ones that i see are usually DIY-ed...i bet tabora will have wooden heart shapes for sale so you only need to make the frame. i did a quick google search and found that there are several etsy shops that sell them ;D

here are the links:
1) instructable on how to make your own - http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-guest-book-shadow-box-picture-frame/

2) etsy - https://www.etsy.com/market/wood_heart_guestbook

you can definitely just pluck out those messages that are horrible  ;) i don't understand why people would put awful messages for the couple on their wedding day - that's just low!  :-\

corpse_bride

  • Guest
Re: Interactive Guestbook
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 01:00:46 am »
^ Hehe not naman horrible. More like inside-jokes-that-shouldn't-be-mentioned-out-loud-coz-others-won't-understand-yet-that-person-still-blurts-it-out-to-emphasize-closeness kinda thing. Or I'm thinking some would be half joke-half inggit. Thanks for the link!

Btw, I back-read it was "The Real Wedding of the Century" pala sold at Backstage. I also saw it sold at Lazada before.

mrs_mcta

  • Guest
Re: Interactive Guestbook
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 05:16:06 am »
What I did during our wedding, I collected questions from the internet (and some my own lang) and I printed them on normal bond paper (can be nicer paper but I ran out of time hehe) and left them on the table with 1-2 (cheap) pens (or pencils) and guests were left on their own to answer them.

Some sample questions I printed out are:
- What should we do on our 1st wedding anniversary (can also include 5th, 10th, 20th year - pang dagdag questions)
- What should we name our kids?
- What's your favorite love quote?
- What's the best marriage advice you can give us (I placed this sa table na I know may married couples, esp sa table ng mga ninong/ninang)

Siguro 1/4 bond paper per question para they have space to write, ginandahan ko nalang yung font. I left mga 10 questions per table para each one can answer (our tables were setup 10 pax each).

Sobrang saya when we were reading them after. As usual, may ibang friends na kalokohan lang yung answer pero madami din na sineryoso naman yung mga question. My husband & I still go through them hanggang ngayon (going on our 2nd wedding anniversary this month).

Hope this helps, sis! Happy preps! ;D
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 05:18:45 am by mrs_mcta »

120515

  • Guest
Re: Interactive Guestbook
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 08:31:35 am »
^^ sis corpse_bride, good to know, i just read an article about abusive people at weddings on offbeat bride so i was thinking the worst! hahaha!

corpse_bride

  • Guest
Re: Interactive Guestbook
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 10:06:48 am »
^ I read that too! Wondering nga who could that be (like a lola) & what that person could have done. Parang sobrang terror nun to be asked to leave. Maybe I'll copy mrs_mcta's idea too for the cocktail tables naman. Even if may (trying to be) funny, kayo nalang makakakita :)

120515

  • Guest
Re: Interactive Guestbook
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 11:05:04 am »
^ i think it might be a grandmother or someone really close  :-\

our friends also had the same thing on their wedding and we had a lot of fun writing our answers. their question on what to name their kids had a side note that it can be in any language because the guests were all different nationalities coming from 4 different continents  ;D

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Interactive Guestbook
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2015, 01:43:28 pm »
We bought Real Wedding of the Century a few weeks before the wedding! Unfortunately I think our coordinator forgot to pass it around so only 3 people filled it up. Medyo nakakapanghinayang, considering it was around Php 1,000+ :(

corpse_bride

  • Guest
Re: Interactive Guestbook
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2015, 02:03:19 pm »
^ aww.. Sayang naman. Mukhang fun pa naman yun.

^^ ooh I'll copy that too ah! Maybe the elders sheets could be for Chinese names para di na kami mag-isip haha!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close