watch now

Author Topic: help re: dwindling breastmilk supply  (Read 1689 times)

RAC

  • Guest
help re: dwindling breastmilk supply
« on: July 25, 2015, 11:00:21 pm »
My baby is turning 6mos in just a few days. 3 days ago we went to his pedia for his vaccine.  The pedia noticed that my baby hardly gained weight since his last weigh-in. From 7.4kg last month, he weighs 7.5kg now.

I suspect that my breastmilk supply is running low because
1. My baby wets 3 diapers only per day
2. I am not able to pump and store reserved milk anymore
3. My baby did not gain weight in the past month

I noticed the low turnout of milk only this month. Before this, for the past 5 months since my baby was born, I was not having any problems. My baby's latch is good. The supply of milk is good. He is able to wet 5 diapers a day. I can pump extra milk so that i can leave my baby with a babysitter when i have to go somewhere.

Now, i have 6 packs of reserved milk left (2.5oz each). Been trying to pump forvthe last 2 days but i only got 1oz total. When my reserved milk runs out, i will not be able to leave my baby for a few hours.

What am i doing wrong or what can i do to increase my milk supply? I am giving myself a month to try increasing my milk supply again before i give up and switch to formula. I hope my baby significantly gains weight by next month.

I am a stay at home mom. I can unli latch and that is what i have been doing. I appreciate all inputs. Thanks.

BabyAnnisha

  • Guest
Re: help re: dwindling breastmilk supply
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 11:59:04 am »
Hi, im currently on my 26 weeks, so technically im not yet a mom... but regarding your problem.. everyone adviced me  to eat alot of malunggay and shell fish it helps alot daw to increase milk supply.. pump every 2 hours kahit wala masyadong nakukuhang milk..have healthy diet, and find time to take a rest...

preggygielian

  • Guest
Re: help re: dwindling breastmilk supply
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 12:49:49 am »
Sis @RAC, may I ask how often do you feed your baby? Also, do you give your baby formula? Are you stressed?

My son is turning 6 months in about 3 weeks. He's gaining weight quite well but I currently have plugged ducts! :-(

I have been told that the best way to increase milk supply is thru direct latch. Your baby is the best "tool" to help you with this. Supply and demand daw, that's how it works.

Although pumped output is not the way to determine if you have milk or not, nakakakaba din pag wala ka mapump. You mentioned lesser wet nappies, your baby seems like he's not getting enough milk/caloried.

To increase supply, you could try power pumping. You could have your baby latch more often, take supplements such as moringgana, fenugreek etc, more soup with malunggay, or just soup. Best din na mag water ka madalas. I noticed I had more pumped output when I drink water before and after I pump or feed.

Good luck mommy! Sana dumami na milk mo. Did your pedia suggest formula or okay lang na mag breastfeed ka padin since normal pa naman weight ni baby?

baby_peanut

  • Guest
Re: help re: dwindling breastmilk supply
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 04:38:53 pm »
6 months na din si lo ko and yan ang ikinakatakot kong mangyari. I still express milk during at work pero nabawasan ng isang session dahil sa work load. but i make sure na when i got home, unli latch kami ni lo. lalo na ngayon i already introduced solid foods, so may tendency na bumaba milk supply ko.

tama ka mommy RAC, unli latch ka lang para bumalik ang milk supply mo plus shempre healthy diet. try to drink supplements din like malunggay capsules baka makatulong din yun.

Good luck sating mga bf mommies.  :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close