watch now

Author Topic: School supplies and more  (Read 3327 times)

hunny_ally

  • Guest
School supplies and more
« on: May 17, 2014, 07:56:52 am »
I think there was a similar topic before but I cant find it. Anyway, school is starting in a month or so and I bet parents are getting ready now and preparing for that. Post away here your q's regarding school supplies, what are the good brands and where to get the best deals.


To start off, can anyone recommend a good brand of food containers/baunan? Something that can retain the heat of the food. My daughter will start bringing lunch to school and she doesn't like eating cold rice. Though ok lang naman sa kanya not to eat rice for lunch, this will mean though less choices for her. Kahit pasta ayaw niya na malamig.

For backpacks, any feedback on Herschel? I'm looking at these. Wala naman silang masyadong dala but I want to make sure it's sturdy enough to last the whole year. Wala pa naman sa stage na careful yung daughter ko with her things. I bought her last year a Winx backpack. Wala pang half the year, sira na the backpack straps.

evilwoman

  • Guest
Re: School supplies and more
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 11:12:06 am »
^sa baunan, thermos foogoo ang papagamit ko.ok sya magretain ng heat.para mas magtagal pa ang init, lagyan muna ng super hot water (then tapon of course) bago ilagay ang food.ang ayaw ko lang dito,wala means para maseparate ang kanin sa ulam.

DV

  • Guest
Re: School supplies and more
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 07:15:53 pm »
I want to get baunan recommendations too. Meron ba yung mainit pa ang food pero hindi nagkakaroon ng condensation sa loob? I have unpleasant memories of grade school lunches na basa na yung rice pagbukas mo ng baunan. Tapos ang fried chicken soggy na rin.

I just saw this on True Value's facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=728175640566284&set=a.110426439007877.17078.108607165856471&type=1&theater

Mukhang maganda kaya lang ang mahal. Parang ka-presyo ng school bag. Ganun na ba talaga ang mga baunan ngayon?

^^hunny_ally, you might also want to consider Lassig bags. PVC and other toxin-free. Available in Rustan's. But may Lassig booth Mommy Mundo in Glorietta, up to 40% off ang backpacks. Got a trolley bag for my child.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 07:23:20 pm by DV »

marose17

  • Guest
Re: School supplies and more
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 08:23:58 am »
Hi Ally!  My kids are using Tiger lunch jar like this: http://www.amazon.com/Champagne-Japanese-Tiger-Thermal-Lunch/dp/B003QE5YS0

It's not as big as my lunch jar which looks like this: http://www.amazon.com/Tiger-LWU-A200-Thermal-Lunch-Jar/dp/B000HFZZNK so it's perfect for a grade schooler. :D

It really keeps the food warm for 6+ hours.  There are 2 containers so you can separate the rice from the viand.  There's a pink version, perfect for S. ;)  Got the jars at Landmark for around P2500 if I am not mistaken. The one for my kids is more expensive than my lunch jar because the former is made in Japan while the latter is made in China using Japanese materials.  But okay lang the one made in China as I have been using mine for 5-6 years na. You can probably get it at a discount during the Green Light Sale this weekend (or next?) or in June (usually Tiger sells lunch jars and thermoses at a discount before school starts).

On another note, where can I buy plain white school socks that are not thick?  Mothercare has run out of stock last time I checked.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 08:31:34 am by marose17 »

hunny_ally

  • Guest
Re: School supplies and more
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 11:19:09 am »
Thanks Marose! Will look into that. For socks, the past 2 years, I've been buying from Marks and Spencer. Natataon that my husband is on a business trip so I would make bilin. It's cheaper and studier than Burlington. They are not thick too

marose17

  • Guest
Re: School supplies and more
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 01:10:30 pm »
^ Thanks.  Will check out Marks and Spencer.   :)

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: School supplies and more
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 03:48:29 pm »
Marose, where do you buy the Tiger lunch jars here? I remember growing up with those lunch jars and it's true, they're very effective in keeping the food warm.

It's our first time to shop for our daughter's school things. Very few lang naman since she's just in junior nursery so we got her shoes, socks, water bottle, lunch box, and pouch for toiletries. I bought her a Crocs backpack early this year. I was planning on getting Allerhand at Rustan's but I found it too expensive for the size. We're done shopping early May pa lang because I don't like makipagsabayan sa mall. Naisip ko lang na sana pala we got her a pair of dark-colored sneakers for her school shoes instead of leather ones. Hinde pa naman super strict sa preschool nila but my husband and I decided to get her a pair of Florsheim shoes.

marose17

  • Guest
Re: School supplies and more
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 05:17:39 pm »
^ Got the Tiger lunch jars at Landmark. :)

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: School supplies and more
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 07:02:05 pm »
^Thanks :)

crayzee

  • Guest
Re: School supplies and more
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 10:55:09 am »
sa backpack do check out wenger bags. yun ang binili ko para sa inaanak ko

gorgeous_mommie

  • Guest
Re: School supplies and more
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2014, 12:04:33 am »
Hi.. sorry po medyo worried lang ako.. my daughter is incoming 5th grader at DLSU canlubang.. it's her 1st year in that sch btw.. can you recomend ano ba usually ginagamit ng grade schoolers specifically 5th grades na sch bags? trolley parin ba?or back pack na?and aNY Good brand recomendations??  7 NB and 6Books lang naman sila.. plus other sch supplies.. thanks

PS:
ok ba ang oilily? or lesportsac?
tia

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close