watch now

Author Topic: Share your experiences in losing weight.  (Read 9356 times)

CessSolomon

  • Guest
Share your experiences in losing weight.
« on: November 29, 2013, 11:28:33 pm »
Hello guys. Started last saturday to lose weight, exercising and bawas sa pagkain everyday lang ako. i need to lose weight i gained so much weight ngaun 81kgs na ako.  :'( I need motivation share your experiences naman with the products or ano ginawa nyo para pumayat.  ;) All are welcome to reply. As a newbie here nice meeting you all in advance  ;D

kath103084

  • Guest
Re: Share your experiences in losing weight.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 11:43:25 pm »
Hi Cess,

Ako, nag count ako talaga ng calories. My former weight used to be 58 kgs. My goal is to lose 2kgs / week. So I need to have at least I think 1062 daily calories intake (Food minus exercise)
My Menu? Basta mga walang lasang pagkain. Hehe.. Nilagang kamote, Boiled Egg less the yolk, (nilalagyan ko minsan pepper pag gusto ko ng konting lasa). and apples... Study shows apples has negative calorie chuva. :-) meaning if you eat apple, you will consume e.g. 100 calories but you will burn more than 100 calories..

So yun po.. And exercise. nothing tremendous. Yoga lang ako and konting threadmill..

hindi ako against sa mga products like Usana / Herbalife shakes kasi nakagamit na din ako before and effective naman but this time I want to do it with 1. less cost. 2. healthier

akthung

  • Guest
Re: Share your experiences in losing weight.
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 04:35:29 am »
Noong HS ako, i was of normal weight.  however, 5-7kg lang na bag hirap na ako. i had a hard time playing with my les paul guitar kasi it was heavy. i also couldn't carry my 1x12 amplifier.

fast forward to 1st year university student naging chubby ako in a few months time. tamang tama, nag decide ako mag martial arts. i had good cardio. mostly high intensity training kami dahil speed is important in the art. then i decided to go for gold and be lean so i enrolled in a gym.

on my first day the gym was full, and the trainer asked loudly, "so you want to lose fat??!!!"

grabe, lahat ng tao sa gym pinagtawanan ako. i wasn't round. i manage to go down to the fat levels of an average guy, but i didn't look lean and fit. looking back maybe i looked raw or soft. but still pinagtawanan pa din ako. 

the first exercise i did was the bench press. they were still laughing when i did my first few reps.

pero okay lang. i told myself, in 3 months time, no more laughs. lalo ako na motivate.

diet wise nag count din ako ng calories. nothing bad if you're just starting out.

then i integrated jogging as an almost daily routine. i eventually bought some dumbbells and barbells and trained them every day because i was so into punching and they, according to my masahista, started to look like popeye's forearms.

at one point nag plateau ako. and trainer found out i cut out fat too much. so i started eating more fat. and in about 3 months time i lost 20kg dahil lang sa dinamihan ko yung fat sa diet.

i think consistency of aim and consistency of effort lang. it takes years to develop sedentary body into an athletic body using natural methods.

****

Cess,

just my 2 cents, if you want to lose a lot in your first few months, go for a low sugar or zero sugar diet. iwasan mo muna ang starchy and sugary foods. even without a calorie deficit magkakaroon ng changes yan. hindi ka mabibigla volume wise dahil walang calorie deficit. though you can always opt for a calorie deficit to go with the low sugar/zero sugar diet as it will greatly help.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 04:44:55 am by akthung »

Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: Share your experiences in losing weight.
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 11:45:57 am »
Some years ago, I just wanted to become skinny. Ultra thin. Bone and skin, nothing more. I took diet pills banned by the FDA, hit the gym and jogged like crazy, ate once a day, smoked and downed alcohol to suppress hunger (Hello, Kate Moss). I was so unhealthy, but I got what I wanted. I was feather-light. At one point, friends expressed their concern and said that I was becoming skeletal. I didn't care.

However, that lifestyle was not sustainable, of course. I was a professional yoyo dieter. And I realized I was disrespecting my body. I started thinking of the long-term damage that I was inflicting on myself.

So, now, I don't want to be skinny anymore. Skinny looks weak. I just want to be healthy. And STRONG. While I am still watching my caloric intake, I am now more conscious of the quality of food that I'm eating. Being thin is no longer my end goal. Losing body fat is just the by-product of my effort to take better care of my body.

I am happier this way. I don't feel like I'm depriving myself.

Oh, by the way, I love working out. So, I'm really cutting down the hours I spend in the gym. Like what they say, it's during recovery that you get stronger. I mixed in yoga and pilates in my routine for some low-impact exercise.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 05:04:35 pm by Frozen Toes »

Baby Madeline

  • Guest
Re: Share your experiences in losing weight.
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 05:59:16 pm »
I was heaviest at 58kg which doesn't go well with my 4'11" height. I went into a very low-calorie diet (<800 cal/day) and I dropped to 50kgs in 2 months. Admittedly, I can't sustain this diet so I rebounded. So I enrolled in a gym class with personal trainer pa. The thing was even if I was working out for 3x/wk (cardio plus weight training) for 2 months already, I didn't see any difference and some people even commented na tumataba ako. By then I knew that the culprit was my unhealthy, high-carb, high-calorie diet. As my then-BF-now-hubby commented, nagbre-break even lang daw ako. Minsan, may utang pa ako!

My wake-up call to take weight loss seriously was when I had my fasting blood sugar and lipid profile done. Mataas!  :( So I decided to be really tough on myself: I eliminated sodas from my diet (until now, di pa uli ako natetempt! :)), I only eat wheat bread and black rice, drink at least 2 L of water, eat more fruits and veggies, avoid red meat (I only go for chicken breast), cook my own food, never skip breakfast, have a heavy lunch so by dinner, I can go through the night with only yoghurt and fruits. If I feel like having chips, I boil peanuts para lang may mangatngat. ;D In 2 months, I was down to 50kgs again. And my FBS and lipid panel were of normal values na!

In the next months, I try to maintain this diet (may cheat weekends) and 3x/wk work-out. Although I still have a lot of areas to tone, I'm happy that I can fit on my college clothes na. Then I got married and went honeymooning for a month-- no exercise and eat-whatever-you-want diet and I only gained 3kgs! The good thing was I was able to shed off the added weight in 2wks lang by just going back to the gym. E dati, one month lang akong lumamon na walang exercise, 8kgs agad ang gain ko. Sabi ng aking PT, it must because since I've developed muscles na, faster na ang metabolism ko. That's why I'm really keen on continuous exercise because it resets your body metabolism. I'm not getting any younger na rin kasi.

My biggest motivation right now in maintaining a healthy weight is we're planning to have a baby. With my previous history of increased blood sugar, I'm really afraid of having gestational diabetes mellitus. For now, I'll continue my gym classes/personal training. Once I get pregnant, I'll shift to yoga or pilates.  :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close