watch now

Author Topic: Do you brag about your child's achievement?  (Read 5022 times)

WandaWits

  • Guest
Do you brag about your child's achievement?
« on: October 02, 2013, 05:23:34 pm »
Not sure if I posted in the right thread. But I'm sure that we as moms would always be proud of our child's achievement especially in school. Do you brag about it, like..tell other parents or do you post it in Facebook? How do you normally feel if someone in Facebook keeps on posting certificates or awards of their children? When do you classify it as annoying?

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Do you brag about your child's achievement?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 09:40:43 am »
Parents naturally feel proud of their children's accomplishments.  I am guilty of posting in Instagram (not Facebook because I have more than a thousand friends there; in Instagram, I only have a few) photos of my children's paintings and drawings and yes, even their grades.  I have taken them off though for security reasons and will only post artwork in the future. :)

I don't begrudge other parents who post their children's accomplishments in social media.  As I've said, it is normal to feel proud of one's kids.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 10:36:18 am by marose17 »

hisana

  • Guest
Re: Do you brag about your child's achievement?
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 10:20:27 am »
The thing about facebook is no matter how innocent, how well-meaning, or how positive a post is, there will always, always be people who will react negatively to it. I'm happy for my friends whenever they share their kids' achievements online, nakakatuwa naman kasi talaga, but I know a few people na nagsasabi na sawang-sawa na raw sila makita yung posts, na ultimo bawat exam may photo pa. I guess the key would be to do it in moderation, as everything on facebook should be. At kung meron pang bitter jan, eh sya na ang may problema.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 10:22:23 am by hisana »

KVsWahmmy

  • Guest
Re: Do you brag about your child's achievement?
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 08:36:09 pm »
"Do I brag about my child's achievements?" I am proud of my kid's milestones, and I really don't consider it 'bragging' when I just share it on my social networking accounts (like IG and Facebook). What I do consider 'bragging' is when a parent starts to 'compare' one child to another. Like for example, parent 1 posts about her child being say, in the top 5. Then another person comments on the post and says her child is Top 1 in class. Yun. As if congratulations is not enough. It's like the other person goes out of her way to 'show off' sa page at post ng ibang tao na mas magaling ang anak nila. It's enough to post it on your page, pero yung mag-compare, I think that's another story.

"How do you normally feel if someone in Facebook keeps on posting certificates or awards of their children? When do you classify it as annoying?" I feel inspired. Walang halong showbiz sa sagot na yan - I feel inspired by moms whose kids are achievers, dahil it shows na aside from magagaling ang anak nila, they as parents are doing something good para mamotivate din mga anak nila, and I find that inspiring and motivating. When do I classify it as annoying? I don't - basta well-meaning, and talagang proud lang sila of their kids' achievements, I'd never classify it as annoying. Magulang din ako, I know how it feels to be a proud mom. :) Well---- maliban na lang siguro pag i-tag nila ako sa post or photo of say a report card - eh kung wala naman kaming relate, sadyang former colleague or acquaintance lang, e bakit naman ako i-tag di ba? :) Kasi ako, with my kid's achievements, I tag my mom and dad sa Facebook, dahil yun na ang way ko of sharing the proud moment with them. Pero sila lang talaga. :)

Ang sa akin, if people find my being a proud mom annoying, then by all means, they can hide me from their newsfeed, or they can unfriend me. :) That's what I do with people who consistently share their negative energy through social networking sites - yung puro rant, or palaging may inaaway - wala silang lugar sa social networking world ko. If another person takes my 'proud mom posts' the negative way, he/she has all the freedom to remove my posts from his/her sight too. Fair naman ang mundo. Hehe. :)


chicafabulosa

  • Guest
Re: Do you brag about your child's achievement?
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 08:48:27 pm »
I am a proud Mommy. i share my son's achievement sa fb. Now if they think im annoying they can unfollow me or unfriend me. Eh sa proud ako sa anak ko eh, take it or leave it. Di naman kasi ako yung tipong everyday eh nakapost yung achievement but mostly major milestone.

I feel inspired whenever i see achievements from my other friends' children. Natutuwa ako and namomotivate na mag monitor lalo sa studies ng son ko. :)


thirtylicious

  • Guest
Re: Do you brag about your child's achievement?
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 08:56:39 pm »
Ako i would rather see young achievers on FB than scandals. Keep posting proud parents! Kakainspire for other kids din

thebratinella

  • Guest
Re: Do you brag about your child's achievement?
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 01:03:57 am »
I post my daughter's artwork, progress reports and other cute star stickers and stamps in my Facebook and Instagram accounts sometimes because i feel proud. She's in toddler class and i want to document her milestones. First time kasi eh.  ;D Excited lang sa lahat ng bagay. Basta in moderation lang. As mommies, we can't help but feel proud and happy. Though may kilala ako na everyday nasa school ng anak, pumapasok sa classroom at lahat ng movements ng anak sa loob may kuha ng picture. Yun ang medyo exaggerated for me kasi hind nasasanay yung bata na wala yung mommy sa room plus nakakadisrupt ng activities ng kids. Kahit naglalaro lang yung bata ng blocks, kailangan may pictures pa rin.  If nagcocolor yung anak, papasok sa room to take a snapshot. ;D Okay na talaga na yung mga exams or artwork ng bata ang may pictures pero it's going overboard na. Imagine everday may pictures yung bata na nakapost sa Facebook.

May parents or grandparents lang talagang sadyang ayaw malamangan. Like what KVsWahmmy said dapat sana walang comparison. May kilala ako na nakita lang kumanta yung anak ko, sinabi na agad na kaya din ng apo ko yan. Yung anak mo ba kaya yung ganito?! Kaya careful na din ako magpost ng stuff sa Facebook kasi meron talagang tao akala nakikipagcompete ka kahit hindi. Nakaayos tuloy ang privacy settings ng account ko para walang issue. Yung mga negative people naman I hide their posts na lang para I won't feel annoyed. To each his own. Trip niya yun eh and profile niya so go lang. Basta hindi ko makita everyday, no prob sa akin.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 01:06:48 am by thebratinella »

phexchanger

  • Guest
Re: Do you brag about your child's achievement?
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 09:29:36 am »
Yes, always. I tell my officemates and friends but I seldom post in FB. I asked them also if gusto nilang i-post ko. Minsan kasi nahihiya din sila pag hindi na nila group of friends ang kausap :)

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: Do you brag about your child's achievement?
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 05:25:07 pm »
All parents champion their kids naman, I don't see anything wrong with posting your children's achievement as long as wala masyadong information that can compromise their safety. Just like one of the GTalkers here, I'd rather see these things on my timeline than gross gory stuff or kadiring scandals and what not.

swtgrl_bee

  • Guest
Re: Do you brag about your child's achievement?
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2013, 03:21:22 am »
Proud Mommy din ako, lalo na at may history ang anak ko ng Speech Delay, so lalo na dati na simpleng Mamamamama video lang eh na post ko pa talaga.

The thing here is I chose my friends sa FB pero may mga tao na hindi mo din maiwasan na iba ang tingin sa ginagawa kong pag popost, kung ayaw nilang makita ang mga posts ko about my daughter's achievements (small or grand) it's okay for them to unfriend me. Ito eh yung mga taong suya na sa mga posts ko, minsan kahit doodles ng anak ko para sa akin achievement na yun. :)

little_princess

  • Guest
Re: Do you brag about your child's achievement?
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2013, 03:02:12 pm »
I'm not yet a mommy but my sister is a talented painter and I always post her works on canvas or for school. i don't find this irritating but serves as an inspiration :) siguro it shouldn't be exaggerated like ever quiz or very good stamp or most friendly award.

akthung

  • Guest
Re: Do you brag about your child's achievement?
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2013, 04:48:48 pm »
normal lang for parents to brag.  its like a corporation's executive management - they're always optimistic even when the financial statements do not agree. hehe.

pag nagkasunggay na ang mga children, at mag simula nang mag grow ayun na. simula na yan.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close