I have wondered very often why my mom is so different from other moms and I being her daughter (and only child) could never relate to her and ask questions and share experiences or anything of the "girly" things.
She doesn't act like a woman at all, though she doesn't look or act like a man either.
Today is the first time this question of whether she might be a L. ever occured to me..
I really need an outside perspective, because obviously she is my mom and I could never be objective when judging such a situation.
So I'll try to be brief and list the facts in point form.
-She only married once (my dad) and only because of "social pressure", she never loved or liked him, and they devorced two years after they got married.
-She never had any relationships serious or otherwise with men after, and never looked for them, she said she doesn't need any men in her life. But she never had any relationships with women either.
-Even when she was young, from what I hear she wasn't too interested in men, dating or anything "love-related" I even think maybe she didn't have any boyfriends, the only thing she ever said in that respect ever was" there was one boy who liked me, but I didn't like him" and that's it.
-SHe never cares or cared about her appearance, she never uses any makeup, she doesn't even know how to use it at all, has no interest what so ever in shopping, I asked her for like half-a-year that maybe we could go buy her some pretty outfit but she is just not interested, we only went shopping once and even then she resisted buying anything 'pretty" or "fancy" AT the same time though, she doesn't dress like a man either..
-When I ask her opinion about the guys that I myself like, or something about relationships, in the first case she just has nothing to contribute and in the second case, again, she directly says that she can't give me any advise since she didn't have relationships except that brief marriage with my dad.
- SHe also has no interest in making our place look nice, she just doesn't care
-She was and is very focused on the job, she is a scientist and she was very successful,and she is seriously the only woman who I know of who went alone with her daughter to a different country, because she got a good job there, without any help from husband or any one else.. Esp. seeing how we are coming from a somewhat more traditional society where men are more focused on career and women are more concerned with home, family and relationships.
- SO she never had any interest in men (at least for 21 years that I've known her and also from what I know from the past) or any girly stuff and we cannot relate as women at all.. That is especially obvious when I talk to "real" (for lack of a better word) women, like my aunt for instance. We can talk about guys, shopping, beauty, everything with her, it's such a contrast!
I know it is very difficult to tell for sure, but still, what would you say after reading all this about my mom? Can you be NOt interested in men at all, and Not act like a woman, but still Not be a lesbian either? DO you think maybe that's the case with my mom?