watch now

Author Topic: strictly formal dress and breastfeeding  (Read 2839 times)

miksha

  • Guest
strictly formal dress and breastfeeding
« on: May 05, 2013, 06:02:21 pm »
how to wear a strictly formal dress and still be able to breastfeed? lagi na lang kase ako naka shirt and pants or shirt and skirt.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 05:04:45 pm by miksha »

sistah!

  • Guest
Re: regular dresses and breastfeeding
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 11:02:27 am »
hi sis! you can purchase nursing dresses from reputable sellers like mamaway, or eden or mommy matters. what i did, i purchased a couple of tops and dresses for the time when i was on maternity leave. when i went back to work na, i just used button down clothes and dresses with access in front so it will be easy to pump. meron din ako 2 wrap dresses na pina-fit ko ng camisole inside and then i asked the mananahi to prepare the access for my breasts.
hth!

miksha

  • Guest
Re: regular dresses and breastfeeding
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 04:59:40 pm »
i don't pump sis i breastfeed directly. I'm trying to look for nursing dress from stores kase ang hirap kapag online hindi mo masukat and pansin ko hindi na same ang katawan ko noon na when i say i can fit in this size ay oo tama un nga, ngayon need ko na talaga i-fit to see if kasya and bagay. The wrap around dress kase hindi ako makapagbreastfeed in public kase para siyang robe so there is this chance na kumawala lahat maiwan ka na lang sa kamison hehe...

nikki

  • Guest
Re: regular dresses and breastfeeding
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 11:00:56 pm »
Sis ako I prefer breastfeeding whenever we go out. I didn't need to buy nursing dresses naman. I use my old ones na button down ang front, some tube top as I just cover with cardigan and the likes. I also have spaghetti strap dresses tapos stretchable fabric in front so I can easily pull down. Of course I wear a nursing bra. Same Lang din for other tops if I wear shorts, leggings or pants-- button down, tube, stretchable fabric na spag strap. Dami naman pwede bilhan ng mga ganyan sa malls.

Of course it helps and definitely safer to have a nursing cover too :)

bluegintonic

  • Guest
Re: regular dresses and breastfeeding
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 11:48:44 am »
I've began hunts for deep v necks and thankfully nakahanap naman ako.Look for burn out tshirts-yung parang vintage effects na manipis tas faded.I bought mine from Amazon,nakakamiss na kasi mag tshirt eh ;D stretchy tank tops are good too.I've stopped wearing my post natal clothes nakaka depress parang forever ko na suot mga BF tops ko.I've bought wrap dresses din para maiba naman-bought one from Bayo,one from Kamiseta and lately a short sleeved wrap dress from Old Navy.Tatakpan ko lang si baby ng manipis na lampin (hers is pink and yung iba printed so hindi aninag) and I'm good to go.BTW some tshirts I bought din sa Guess.

sistah!

  • Guest
Re: regular dresses and breastfeeding
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 01:34:29 pm »
if you're iffy about wrap dresses, you can go for the faux wrap dresses, yung hindi na tinatali around. parang v lang yung harap. basta parang overlap yung top part, pero buo yung skirt part. you can also use a nursing cover so that everything is discreetly kept away from public view and you can adjust yourself without revealing too much.

miksha

  • Guest
Re: regular dresses and breastfeeding
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 03:06:01 pm »
i do use a nursing cover. hmm.. hindi ko pa naencounter yang faux wrap dress mahanap nga... so far kase ang nagawa ko pa lang is mga short sundress (mga above the knee) then i wear leggings. ganoon pa lang

GeRi Sp!cE

  • Guest
Re: regular dresses and breastfeeding
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 08:10:12 pm »
You can still wear regular clothes while nursing: I can! :)

1. Wear a Tube or a thin spaghetti strap top under your regular t-shirt.

2. I have nursed in the bathroom standing or sitting on the toilet.

3. Nurse while inside the car.

4. Nurse in the breastfeeding station.

5. Nurse before leaving the house.

Hope that helps! :)


ocmommy

  • Guest
Re: regular dresses and breastfeeding
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 08:19:02 pm »
i have eden nursing dresses and i use a nursing cover if i am not wearing nursing clothes.

miksha

  • Guest
Re: strictly formal dress and breastfeeding
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 05:05:38 pm »
 i am going to a celebration and the attire is strictly formal. so paano kaya? can a wrap around jersey dress work or is it too casual? the event is in the evening

bluegintonic

  • Guest
Re: strictly formal dress and breastfeeding
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 05:09:22 pm »
^your best bet is a strapless evening dress/cocktail dress and then wear a cropped evening jacket over it then bitbit ka na lang nursing cover mo.I know you may have to unhook the dress from the back and it helps if you have a friend/relative that can help you with it.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close