watch now

Author Topic: Courting, texting, being suplada and intimidating. Help?  (Read 4731 times)

purpleskullsx

  • Guest
Courting, texting, being suplada and intimidating. Help?
« on: October 01, 2012, 09:43:30 am »
Hello girls. I'm so bothered right now. I got a text from someone who's working at the same company that I'm working. He is from a different department though I see him quite often because he has friends from my unit. We haven't been introduced formally, so as a VERY shy girl that I am, I really don't talk to those I haven't met formally. I was surprised that one day he texted me and I asked where'd he get my number. He wouldn't tell. He asked me if I know him. I said yes because I see him around. He also said I'm so suplada that's why he's so intimidated to approach me personally. So that's why he approached me thru text? Anyway, he said when he sees me, he would say "hi" I saw him passed by our station. I was so busy doing paperworks so I glanced at him and went on with what I'm doing. I was so shy that I can't look at him. He was there for 3 mins. Talking to my co-staff. He didn't approach me. I texted him after I got home that it was really very awkward. He said he was looking at me and waiting for me to look back so he can say "Hi". Thoughts on this? I haven't been courted all my 22 years of life. I'm very awkward towards opposite sex. That's why they call me suplada. Is it my problem? Or am I just waiting for the guy to be brave and make his move. Or is he just torpe? I really need some advice.

sacred cow

  • Guest
Re: Courting, texting, being suplada and intimidating. Help?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 03:03:19 am »
talking to him won't kill ya, sige ka baka tumanda kang dalaga :))

Girltalker2

  • Guest
Re: Courting, texting, being suplada and intimidating. Help?
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 07:39:59 am »
Hello girls. I'm so bothered right now.

sis, bakit ka bothered?  Because someone says you are intimidating?


I got a text from someone who's working at the same company that I'm working. He is from a different department though I see him quite often because he has friends from my unit. We haven't been introduced formally, so as a VERY shy girl that I am, I really don't talk to those I haven't met formally. I was surprised that one day he texted me and I asked where'd he get my number. He wouldn't tell. He asked me if I know him. I said yes because I see him around. He also said I'm so suplada that's why he's so intimidated to approach me personally. So that's why he approached me thru text?

Haha sis! Text is the easy way out!  I received texts as well. You know what I did?  Ignore ignore ignore! 

If he really likes me, then kumuha sya ng lakas ng loob harapin ako. That is, if he is really a man.  Pero sis, kanya kanyang style lang naman iyan. Wala nako sa 20s ko, at lalong wala ako sa HS. Hindi ko type ang patext text lang na walang ka effort effort.  Of course, I dont expect the guy to initially give me the moon and the stars. Pero at least be man enough to get to know me.


He said he was looking at me and waiting for me to look back so he can say "Hi". Thoughts on this? I haven't been courted all my 22 years of life. I'm very awkward towards opposite sex. That's why they call me suplada. Is it my problem? Or am I just waiting for the guy to be brave and make his move. Or is he just torpe? I really need some advice.

Try to read up about dating and relationships.  Just be yourself.  Practice - since you know naman pala your weakness na medyo awkward ka being with the opposite sex.  At ang importante, don't allow yourself to be focused on your first manliligaw.  He is just a guy - iyan ang itatak mo sa utak mo.  And don't just "like" him because he happens to be the only one that seems to be interested now. Marami pa darating diyan.  Pero it is your chance na magpractice to be comfortable - huwag naman sobrang comfortable na holding hands kaagad.  Just be yourself, know how to strike a conversation and smile.  Hindi kelangan super flirt.  Just wear a smile, ok na.

Pero pagt-text lang, di ko parin gusto.  It is a "Safe" way for the guy to see kung may pag asa sya o wala. If he stops, well it's his loss.  Hanap ka ng iba.  Importante is for you to improve yourself - your communication skills, magpaganda ka pa lalo!    ;)







« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 07:42:21 am by Girltalker2 »

caterpillar-girl

  • Guest
Re: Courting, texting, being suplada and intimidating. Help?
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 09:23:29 am »
I think it's kind of cute. Haha. Parang you're both shy people. If he can't even say hi to you in person, then siguro it must have taken some guts for him to text you. Although I agree with Girltalker2 that it's so easy to hide behind texting.

I think he's interested in you and he's making pakiramdam if you like him back. If pareho kayo maghihintayan, I don't think may mangyayari sa inyo. As it is, since he's shown the first move, be nice to him and smile when you see him. You can even just acknowledge his presence with a little smile and go back to work. It won't kill you and it won't mean na you're a flirt.  You don't have to bend over backyards trying to think of witty things to say. Don't ask him out if you don't feel like it. If he doesn't make any other move, then move on. If a guy likes you, as in really really likes you, gagawa at gagawa naman sya ng paraan.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close