watch now

Author Topic: US TV: Switched At Birth  (Read 1491 times)

mei-mei

  • Guest
US TV: Switched At Birth
« on: February 27, 2016, 01:30:20 pm »
The show has done 4 seasons now, and it's really great! They have deaf main characters so there's a lot of ASL (American Sign Language) on the show. They also touch on so many socially relevant stuff. I think this is one of the best dramas on TV right now and it's kinda sad that not so many people watch it. The actors are very good in it and the stories are never "soap-ish".

For those who are watching this show, I just thought of making this thread to discuss reactions and reviews on the latest episodes. :D

forumera

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Switched At Birth
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 01:43:28 pm »
wow, 4 seasons na pa la, akala ko na cancel na hehe, I watch it before then I got pregnant and became paranoid so I stopped watching it.

mei-mei

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Switched At Birth
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 02:41:23 pm »
I'm catching up on the episodes of the 4th season. I really love Catherine now. Toby's British fiancée is also so beautiful! The 4th season is so eventful. Bay's and Daphne's stories are colorful.

I'm glad that they picked the show up for a 5th season. It's really good.

mei-mei

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Switched At Birth
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 04:13:14 pm »
Finished with the 4th season. I love how they all really became a family now. Their family dynamics is very good. Their relationships just became very natural with the the kids now having 2 moms.

I hated Daphne's constant dating but I am loving Mingo for her. Initially, I thought he looks so much like an Ashton Kutcher wannabe but he's been a good boy who sincerely loved Daphne. I am sad that he let her go to find herself in China.

I love that the 2 sisters get to spend 10 months in China, bonding alone, finally.

I love that they gave Toby a son with Down Syndrome. They showed how soon-to-be parents deal with the awkwardness of people pitying you because they think your child is so different or so imperfect. It's again one of SAB's gem - discussing the "heart" of disabilities. It really helps in taking away people's prejudices and judgments on people whom they label as disables or "abnormal" (as one of the judgmental professors in the show called them).  It helps viewers see everything as they are to their families and people who love them - there's no label but just love. It's their normal. How could you not love this show?

Season 4 also tackled issues on date rape; how hard it is for black people to not get pre-judged in school or work; or how some people just need to survive everyday. Have I expressed how much I love this show? :D

I love Bay and her development the past season! I'm excited at what she's able to do in Season 5. I didn't like Travis before but now I'm wishing he and Bay get together in S5. I love the reappearance of the song in 'Here Is A Heart' during Bay & Emmet's reconciliation. I love the maturity in their talk and how they became friends again.

I always love the songs in this show. They're not mainstream songs but they're all just beautiful. I hope someone gets to list down all the songs they play in each episode.

mei-mei

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Switched At Birth
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 04:25:41 pm »
One more thing I love about this show is that all of their episode titles are painting titles!!!  Uber cool for painters like me. :-*

Season 4
      S4 Ep20 – And Always Searching for Beauty
      S4 Ep19 – A Mad Tea Party
      S4 Ep18 – The Accommodations of Desire
      S4 Ep17 – To The Victor Belong The Spoils
      S4 Ep16 – Borrowing Your Enemy’s Arrows
      S4 Ep15 – Instead of Damning the Darkness
      S4 Ep14 – We Mourn, We Weep, We Love Again
      S4 Ep13 – Between Hope and Fear
      S4 Ep12 – How Does a Girl Like You Get to Be a Girl Like You
      S4 Ep11 – To Repel Ghosts
      S4 Ep10 – There is My Heart
      S4 Ep9 – The Player’s Choice
      S4 Ep8 – Art Like Love is Dedication
      S4 Ep7 – Fog and Storm and Rain
      S4 Ep6 – Black and Gray
      S4 Ep5 – At First Clear Word
      S4 Ep4 – We Were So Close That Nothing Used to Stand
      S4 Ep3 – I Lock the Door Upon Myself
      S4 Ep2 – Bracing the Waves
      S4 Ep1 – And It Cannot Be Changed

Season 3
      S3 Ep22 – Yuletide Fortune Tellers
      S3 Ep21 – And Life Begins Right Away
      S3 Ep20 – Girl on the Cliff
      S3 Ep19 – You Will Not Escape
      S3 Ep18 – It Isn’t What You Think
      S3 Ep17 – Girl With Death Mask
      S3 Ep16 – The Image Disappears
      S3 Ep15 – And We Bring the Light
      S3 Ep14 – Oh, Future!
      S3 Ep13 – Like a Snowball Down a Mountain
      S3 Ep12 – Love Among the Ruins
      S3 Ep11 – Love Seduces Innocence, Pleasure Entraps
      S3 Ep10 – The Ambush
      S3 Ep9 – The Past (Forgotten-Swallowed)
      S3 Ep8 – Dance Me to the End of Love
      S3 Ep7 – Memory is Your Image of Perfection
      S3 Ep6 – The Scream
      S3 Ep5 – Have You Really the Courage?
      S3 Ep4 – It Hurts to Wait With Love If Love Is Somewhere Else
      S3 Ep3 – Fountain
      S3 Ep2 – Your Body Is A Battleground
      S3 Ep1 – Drowning Girl

Season 2
      S2 Ep21 – Departure of Summer
      S2 Ep20 – The Merrymakers
      S2 Ep19 – What Goes Up Must Come Down
      S2 Ep18 – As The Shadows Deepen
      S2 Ep17 – Prudence, Avarice, Lust, Justice, Anger
      S2 Ep16 – The Physical Impossibility of Death
      S2 Ep15 – Ecce Mono
      S2 Ep14 – He Did What He Wanted
      S2 Ep13 – The Good Samaritan
      S2 Ep12 – Distorted House
      S2 Ep11 – Mother and Daughter Divided
      S2 Ep10 – Introducing the Miracle
      S2 Ep9 – Uprising
      S2 Ep8 – Tight Rope Walker
      S2 Ep7 – Drive in the Knife
      S2 Ep6 – Human/Need/Desire
      S2 Ep5 – The Acquired Inability to Escape
      S2 Ep4 – Dressing for the Charade
      S2 Ep3 – Duel of Two Women
      S2 Ep2 – The Awakening Conscience
      S2 Ep1 – The Door to Freedom

Season 1
      S1 Ep30 – Street Noises invade the House
      S1 Ep29 – The Trial
      S1 Ep28 – We’re the Kraken of our own Sinking Ships
      S1 Ep27 – The Declaration of Independence
      S1 Ep26 – The Tree of Forgiveness
      S1 Ep25 – The Shock of Being Seen
      S1 Ep24 – The Intruder
      S1 Ep23 – This Is the Color of My Dreams
      S1 Ep22 – Venus, Cupid, Folly, and Time
      S1 Ep21 – The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters
      S1 Ep20 – Game On
      S1 Ep19 – Write a Lonely Soldier
      S1 Ep18 – The Art of Painting
      S1 Ep17 – Protect Me From What I Want
      S1 Ep16 – Las Dos Fridas
      S1 Ep15 – Expulsion From the Garden of Eden
      S1 Ep14 – Les Soeurs d’Estrees
      S1 Ep13 – Self-Portrait With Bandaged Ear
      S1 Ep12 – The Tempest
      S1 Ep11 – Starry Night
      S1 Ep10 – The Homecoming
      S1 Ep9 – Paradise Lost
      S1 Ep8 – Pandora’s Box
      S1 Ep7 – The Stag Hunt
      S1 Ep6 – The Persistence of Memory
      S1 Ep5 – Dogs Playing Poker
      S1 Ep4 – Dance Amongst Daggers
      S1 Ep3 – Portrait of My Father
      S1 Ep2 – American Gothic
      S1 Ep1 – This Is Not a Pipe
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 04:27:14 pm by mei-mei »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close