watch now

Author Topic: Are you a single or multiple citizen? What passport do you possess?  (Read 2193 times)

molybdenumstudios

  • Guest
Curious lang naman. Well, I have relatives who are Filipino by ethnicity but holds American citizenship while I have friends who are dual citizens. Who here holds another country's passport or who holds another passport besides Philippine passport?

insanelypurpleprincess

  • Guest
Dual Citizen, allegiance sworn to the Philippines and New Zealand.
New Zealand passport holder.

molybdenumstudios

  • Guest
^ Wow, siya na! Usually mga 2-3 citizenship/passport usually ang alam ko hehe.

If Japan will only allow multiple citizenship, I won't mind unergoing naturalization process. I still want to retain my Filipino citizenship.

Lilacs

  • Guest
Dual here. Phil and oz. i use my oz passport in all my trips para less hassle.

insanelypurpleprincess

  • Guest

If Japan will only allow multiple citizenship, I won't mind unergoing naturalization process. I still want to retain my Filipino citizenship.

May still be a long shot molybdenumstudios because I do know how big Japan is on retaining their being a homogeneous nation. But again, who knows right?

molybdenumstudios

  • Guest
^ Yeah, but another homogeneous country South Korea allowed multiple citizenship (yet quota-based). I guess SK is more multicultural, based on personal experience.

little_princess

  • Guest
Currently, just PH. But my husband is UK and AU and we will process my UK citizenship in probably 2 years or so. AU is another option.

insanelypurpleprincess

  • Guest
^ little_princess, why haven't you processed it yet? Is there a mandatory wait time? Or more of a personal preference?

little_princess

  • Guest
^ preference and practicality since we don't plan to move to live in the PH for a while. If we process it now, I'd have to be living in the UK already.

molybdenumstudios

  • Guest
@little_princess: Which among UK and AU is the original citizenship of your hubby? Pardon my curiosity. ^_^

BTW, having a British passport is more valued than having a US passport, based upon my research.

little_princess

  • Guest
Re: Are you a single or multiple citizen? What passport do you possess?
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2014, 11:04:51 pm »
Originally, British but when he was born, his parents are already both dual citizens because they lived in AU for a few years.

It is desirable but I still get sentimental "loosing" my Filipino citizen for a while.

molybdenumstudios

  • Guest
Re: Are you a single or multiple citizen? What passport do you possess?
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2014, 08:57:06 am »
^ That's because Filipino citizenship has very complex rules. Meanwhile, som countries require permission, speaking of getting another citizenship.

Vera

  • Guest
Re: Are you a single or multiple citizen? What passport do you possess?
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 09:06:00 am »
I'm a US citizen but I have plans to reacquire my Filipino citizenship before the year ends.

TysLolakins

  • Guest
Re: Are you a single or multiple citizen? What passport do you possess?
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2014, 04:45:06 am »
^same as below,  need dual soon.  my late parents have dual, but they only carry one passport (US).  they only have a piece a paper they show to Philippine immigration when leaving Pinas.

kvandenhaak

  • Guest
Re: Are you a single or multiple citizen? What passport do you possess?
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2014, 06:23:37 am »
Canadian passport holder here. No plans of acquiring dual citizenship.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close