watch now

Author Topic: Breastfeeding while pregnant  (Read 2166 times)

Scubadoobidoo

  • Guest
Breastfeeding while pregnant
« on: October 26, 2016, 12:12:50 am »
Anyone here experienced this? Wifey is 6 weeks pregnant and problem is she still breastfeeds our 1 yr and 5 months baby boy. Is this safe? We are having a hard time at night since baby boy alwayd sleeps besides wifey and nurses. Morning is not a problem since bottle fed sya.

jowvxyz

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding while pregnant
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 04:16:03 am »
I'm on my 6th week and still breastfeeding my 2-year old daughter. So far, I don't have any problem. I asked my OB about it and he told me na safe naman sakin as long as I'm still comfortable. Just be careful lang because it can trigger cervix dilation. Iba iba cases so better ask the doctor or read about it online.

Scubadoobidoo

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding while pregnant
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 04:20:36 am »
It can cause contractions and advice ng OB namin wifey should stop. Sigh....there goes my sleeping time.

raiza0022

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding while pregnant
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 06:49:54 am »
20 weeks preggy... I've been trying to wean my 2-year old boy since we found out that I am pregnant, that's per OB's advise din, kasi mag aagawan pa silang dalawa sa nutrients daw. and, at last nag stop na sya mag breastfeed sa akin last week  :)

Scubadoobidoo

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding while pregnant
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 08:37:26 am »
Problem pa namin we are leaving for abroad this week and kelangan breastfeed sa plane para sa pressure. Will call our OB later today to ask. Kami last night abrupt weaning....grabe ako ang napuyat. 😭😭😭

hun_nie08

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding while pregnant
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 02:54:01 am »
There is nothing wrong if you are breastfeeding while pregnant basta normal pregnancy ka. Pero ako matigas ulo ko, I still breastfed my 25th month son kahit may spotting ako sa 1st trimester. Super sensitive nga lang ng nipples ko. Looking forward for tandem feeding next year.

FayeP

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding while pregnant
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 02:00:52 am »
hi..I'm currently on my 6th week of pregnancy and I'm still breastfeeling my 19 month old son....OB said na ok lang pero as much as possible ipatigil na para nga daw un nutrients wag na sila magshare....


chrntngrn

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding while pregnant
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2016, 08:35:19 pm »
31 weeks preggy here.
Nag start pa lang kami i-wean si eldest, who is 16 months na. Myth yung sinasabi nilang mag aagwan ng nutrition, as long as healthy si mommy, she can nourish both children. My OB prescribed Duphaston if may contractions, wala ata yan sa meds na nasa e-lactancia to check if safe for breastfeeding and pregnant mommies. I did not take it though, I just made sure na iwas ako sa strenous activities.

My lo's pedia naman advised to force wean na not because of pag aagawan ng nutrients but because, mas nakakapagod for me and super sore/sensitive nips.

I had to force wean since nagiging frequent ang contractions ko plus may spotting. So lalaklak na ako ng Duphaston ngayon. Chos! Looking forward din to tandem feed them next year. :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close