No one is ever too old to go back to school. In fact, signing up for graduate studies is a good way for you to learn and stay updated with new industry practices, which will help you become the sharpest knife in the drawer. And while there are a lot of great schools in the Philippines, you can always opt to widen your horizon literally and figuratively by traveling to a country you've never been before--how about, say, one in Europe?
Europe has never been short of beautiful sights and sounds but most importantly, it's home to ancient knowledge and living history. Moreover, studying in Europe gives you a pass to some of the greatest museums and libraries, and an educational system encourages you to explore the world beyond your classroom.
If you're looking to study in the far West, then this may be your window of opportunity. The Delegation of the European Union of the Philippines, together with the EU Member States’ Embassies and Cultural Institutions, in collaboration with the Commission on Higher Education, is holding the European Higher Education Fair (EHEF) 2017 at the Shangri-La Plaza Grand Atrium on October 18. Over 20 schools will be represented, and each will take you through course offerings, requirements, and tips on how to make the most out of your possible European stay. You can take your pick among any one of these prestigious schools:
- University of Antwerp, Institute of Development Policy and Management
- Czech Republic
- Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Tropical Agrisciences
- Masaryk University, Faculty of Medicine
- Mendel University in Brno, Faculty of Business and Economics
- University of Chemistry and Technology Prague
- University of West Bohemia, Institute of Applied Language Studies
- IBA International Business Academy
- IÉSEG School of Management
- ISAE-SUPAERO Institut Supérieur de l'Aéronautique et de l'Espace
- Université Catholique de l'Ouest
- Université de Rouen Normandie
- VATEL Business School, Hotel and Tourism Management
- Rheinland Institute
- Central European University
- Erasmus University Rotterdam, Institute of Housing & Urban Development Studies
- International Institute of Social Studies
- Maastricht School of Management
- Tias School for Business & Society
- Ie Instituto de Empresa Business School
- UCAM Universidad Católica San Antonio de Murcia
- KTH Royal Institute of Technology
- Lund University
- Mälardalen University
- Stockholm School of Economics
- TNE 10
If you’re looking to take advantage of EU scholarship grants, you may want to check out the Erasmus+ Programme. Now in its 30th year, Erasmus+ supports Filipinos who wish to pursue studies in countries within the European Union, while offering travel opportunities that aim to make your experience and learn about cultures across different borders. Erasmus+ has an array of course offerings from Visual Arts to Journalism, and even to Biophotonics.
“Education should not be restricted within the four walls of the classroom. There is an opportunity for one to learn every day, why not bring it up a notch and pursue higher education in EU?” said EU Ambassador Franz Jessen in a release. “Through EHEF, we want to encourage all Filipino students, teachers, and members of the academe to grab this opportunity and experience diversified and excellent post-graduate and doctorate degree programs from top-notch EU universities.”
For more details about studying in Europe, visit the European Higher Education Fair on Facebook and sign up for a slot.