If you’re a small business owner, you may now upload your application forms (in Excel) for the Small Business Wage Subsidy (SBWS) Program of the Social Security Service (SSS) via the portal https://sbws.sss.gov.ph/. This is after the official SSS website has repeatedly crashed due to the sheer number of applicants for the said salary aid.
To access the site, you’ll need your business’ TIN and a BIR-provided password, which you can only get if you're pre-qualified for SBWS. Here’s how to check:
1. Visit www.bir.gov.ph and click on the SBWS icon on the home page.
2. Type in your business’ 9-digit TIN on the blank field and click “Search”.
3. If your business is qualified, a green prompt will appear. If you’re registered as a corporation, the system will generate your registered name and passcode. If you’re registered as a sole proprietorship, you’ll see your registered name (which is the name of the owner), your business name, and your passcode. Make sure to copy your passcode as you’ll use this later on.
If your business is not qualified, a red prompt will appear. For clarification and questions, send an email to SBWS_BIRquery@bir.gov.ph with your TIN, registered name or business name, and the RDO where you’re registered.
4. Head on to https://sbws.sss.gov.ph/ and input your employer TIN and the passcode you’ve copied earlier.
5. From there, you can follow the instructions on how to submit your applications.
You can also still visit https://www.sss.gov.ph/ and go through the old process.
The deadline for filing your applications is on May 8, 2020.
For more details and updates, head on to SSS on Facebook.
For more COVID-19 updates, visit reportr.world.