Couples all over the world celebrated Valentine's Day earlier this week, and while we feel that singlehood is no reason not to participate in V-Day festivities, we know a lot of singles out there may have felt just a little bit off about not having a partner for a "happy hearts' day." But the truth is, as great as love is, there are a lot of conveniences that come with being single (just ask the committed people who yearn for their days of freedom), and there is absolutely no reason not to be happy when flying solo.
When you’re single, you can spend your free time in sweet solitude pretty much anytime you want, and you often have more time to hang out with your friends. You can shop till you drop without feeling guilty that you’re boring your guy to death. You can date anyone you want and enjoy the thrill of meeting someone new. Keep your head up high, single ladies, we know you’re having a fabulous time--and we want you to share the joys of being single with us!
FN wants to know:
What do you like about being single?
Leave a comment to share!
For more articles for single girls, check out these links:
- How to Deal When You're Single after a Long-Term Relationship
- No Boyfriend Since Birth: How to Enjoy Being Single
- Flying Solo: 10 Anthems for Single Ladies
- The Single Girl’s Guide to Getting Out of a Bad Date
- Mature Girl's Guide to Dating: 3 Things Every Woman Should Do before Entering a Relationship
(Photo by sean carpenter via sxc.hu)