How do we know if our child is ready for that big leap from kindergarten to elementary or grade school? Many factors determine this, but there is no fixed sign that can tell you whether or not your child is ready. Every child is different; kids develop at different rates. The important thing is that you always make him feel safe and constantly bolstered by encouragement and love.
It is crucial to research the school you want your child to attend. This may seem simple, but it is important to note whether or not your child will fit easily into this new environment. The way you teach your child at home and the method of teaching that he has grown accustomed to in pre-school should be considered, as are the potential schools' social environment and values.
Here are 10 tips to make your child’s transition to big school a little easier.
Read these other articles for more parenting tips:
- 5 Parenting Tips for Kids of Every Age
- 10 Tips for Helping Your Child Develop Good Study Habits
- Are you pushing your child too hard? 5 Things to Consider
- 5 Tips on Raising a Bright Girl Who Doesn’t Buckle under Pressure
- Does the Chinese “Tiger Mother” method really work? + 5 Effective Parenting Tips
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Add us on Facebook and Twitter!
Trending on Network