Facebook Stories is one of the best ways to keep your friends updated on what’s currently happening in your life (aside from your FB posts, that is). The only catch is that whenever you watch your friends' Stories, FB automatically notifies them that you’ve seen it. Well, that may be harmless most of the time—until you unintentionally view your ex’s Story, or someone you’re not on good terms with. Now, that’s awkward.
But just like reading your FB messages without being “seen,” there are also several ways you can view FB Stories without your friends knowing. Below are some workarounds.
View via thumbnails
The easiest way to see your friends’ 24-hour-only updates is by viewing them through the Stories thumbnails just above your News Feed. It's that simple. The pictures may be small, but at least you’ll get a glimpse of it.
Switch to airplane mode
Before switching to airplane mode, make sure to follow these steps first:
1. Open Facebook and make sure that all Stories are loaded completely and are not blurred.
2. Once all the Stories are loaded properly, exit Facebook by pressing the Home button of your phone.
3. Next, turn off both the WiFi and mobile data. Afterwards, switch to airplane mode.
4. Now, open Facebook again and tap on the Story you want to view.
5. Once you have viewed the Story, exit the app, turn off the airplane mode, and switch on your WiFi or mobile data.
6. If you see your friend’s Story with an outer circle colored blue, it means that you succeeded in viewing that Story without him/her knowing.
View it while you’re still disconnected
Another easy workaround is by viewing Stories while your phone is disconnected from the internet (for hours, preferably). For example, if you regularly turn off your connection before going to sleep, the next day when you wake up, open your Facebook and feel free to anonymously view the Stories.
This story originally appeared on Fhm.com.ph.
* Minor edits have been made by the Femalenetwork.com editors.