Real Living's Real Makeover section is a favorite among readers and staffers alike. In the magazine's September 2011 issue, members of the RL team visited three of their past Ultimate Makeover winners to see how their redecorated homes fared after a few years.
Among the homes they went to was a renovated townhouse owned by the Barcos couple and their two kids. It was first made over in 2008 by designer Hannah Acab-Faustino of IDeal Interior Design Services, who transformed the rundown home into a child-friendly space in two weeks.
Pictured on the right is how the Barcoses' living room currently looks after three years. The RL staff note that it has been maintained well and retains the daybed, accent chair, and mirror they had arranged in it in 2008. The ottoman stools, once located in the middle of the room, have been placed under the console to give the kids more space to play in.
To see the other homes, grab a copy of Real Living Magazine's September 2011 issue out on stands now!
Also in this issue:
• 30+ Easy-to-Do Makeovers
• Top 10 Designer Makeover Tips
• RL's First Sofa Shopping Guide
Want to read more excerpts from Real Living? Check these out:
- Turn old trends into modern chic with Real Living's July 2011 issue!
- Turn your house into a home with Real Living's June 2011 issue!
- Be inspired by 30 pages of offbeat homes in Real Living's May 2011 issue!
- Get a good night’s sleep with Real Living’s list of the 10 best beds for 2011
- Ring in the New Year with 3 Colorful Design Ideas from Real Living
(Photo by Vincent Coscollouela)