We understand that it takes more than the alarm clock to get you up and running on Mondays. Even the idea of breakfast isn’t always enough to lure you away from your comfortable bed (and we don’t blame you!). However, that doesn't give us the license to stay under the covers the entire day. Here are a couple of things that might perk you up enough to at least consider going to work today!
1. Take a virtual tour of the Luxembourg Gardens.
The Luxembourg Gardens is renowned all over the world for its beauty and elegance. Start your day right with flowers, sunshine, and beautiful architecture. Check out these scenic photos on Bougeotte.
2. Adorable Flynn plants a kiss on mom Miranda Kerr.
We all love Miranda Kerr’s husband Orlando Bloom, but in this case, we have to say that he has been completely upstaged by the other man in the supermodel’s life. Flynn, who is now two years old, was photographed giving his hardworking mom a big kiss on the cheek. See the adorable photos over at The Daily Mail.
3. Black Swan trainer shows you how to exercise like a ballerina.
Mary Helen Bowers, the woman behind Natalie Portman’s gorgeous body in Black Swan, gives a quick workout tutorial via Refinery 29. See her do the most graceful twists, leg lifts, swan arms.
4. Treat yourself to nice cup of coffee on your way to work.
If you get out of bed now, you may still have time to stop by your favorite coffee shop and indulge in your aromatic drink of choice.
5. One dad writes about his thoughts on fatherhood.
We hear about moms and their confessions about parenting all the time, but we rarely hear from the dads. Check out one dad's sweet and funny thoughts about when he became a father for the first time on A Cup of Jo.
(1. Photo from Frederique PANASSAC via Flickr Creative Commons 2. Photo from FlynnKerrBloom via Claire Houlton on Pinterest 3. Screencap from Black Swan courtesy of Fox Searchlight Pictures 4. Photo from Beatrix Birinyi on Pinterest 5. Photo from Rosenberry Rooms via Rosenberry Rooms on Pinterest)