Not too long ago, J.K. Rowling surprised her fans when she said that Hermione might have been better off marrying Harry Potter instead of Ron Weasley. While the Internet uproar has relatively died down, we couldn’t resist taking a look at the celebrated author’s other post-Harry Potter revelations:
1. According to The Guardian, Ron Weasley almost didn’t make it until the end because Rowling “wasn’t in a very happy place” at the time she was writing.
2. In an exclusive interview with Today, Rowling also revealed that Neville Longbottom’s parents will never recover from their condition.
3. However, Neville does make his grandmother proud and he eventually becomes an herbology professor at Hogwarts.
4. In the same interview, she says that Harry, Ron, and Hermione end up doing great things in the Ministry of Magic.
5. Confirming that Dumbledore was, indeed, gay was also quite a bold move on her part.
(1. Photo from for-redheads via Harmony Garza on Pinterest 2. Photo from Fathia Anindita on Pinterest 3. Photo from Lonely Doctors via Holly Barnes on Pinterest 4. Photo from Gabby Norris via Flickr Creative Commons on Pinterest 5. Photo by Carol Murad on Pinterest)