Don’t underestimate the power of positive thinking. At the very least, adopting a positive attitude will make being around you a pleasure rather than a chore. After all, no one wants to hang with Little Miss Bad Vibes--especially since research has shown that happiness and sadness are infectious, as is generosity. So wouldn't you prefer to be someone who spreads joy and generosity to others rather than negativity? Don't make the mistake of thinking that your thoughts won't seep into your words and actions.
If you need a little help silencing negative thoughts about yourself, your dreams, or other people, here are some quotes that will inspire you to see the beauty in life. Let the power of words energize you. Let these quotes make you believe again—in love, in hope, in humanity, in goodness. With the right frame of mind, you'll find you'll have every reason to turn your frown upside down. Just check out the slide show below.
For more articles on helping you believe in yourself and achieve happiness, try these:
- 10 Songs to Motivate You in 2012
- Cheer Up, Chin Up: 12 Ways to Stay Positive
- Study Shows Generosity Is Contagious + 10 Easy Ways to Pay It Forward
- 8 Self-Care Strategies for a Happier, Stress-Free You
- New Study: Research Shows Happiness and Sadness Are Infectious + 10 Small Ways to Spread Joy
- All About You: 10 Ways to Love Yourself
- 10 Ways to Love Your Body
- New Study: Happiness Comes With Age, 12 Reasons Not to Fear Getting Older
- Happiness Is Healthy: The Benefits of Having Fun