Here's a living, breathing gift you can give this Christmas. No, not a puppy. Not a S.O. either. Gift your friends with these gorgeous, low-maintenance houseplants. Emphasis on "low-maintenance."
We've put together a list with the easiest (and most aesthetic) plants to take care of: minimal sun, water, and soil requirements. Even your most irresponsible friends can't possibly kill these. And if they do, then that's probably a sign you shouldn't trust them with your (future) kid. Or dog. Or goldfish.
1. Devil's Ivy (Epipremnum aureum)
2. Prayer Plant (Maranta leucono)
3. Chinese Evergreen (Aglaonema)
4. Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum)
5. Bird of Paradise (Strelitzia reginae)
6. Swiss Cheese Plant (Monstera deliciosa)
7. Jade Plant (Crassula ovata)
8. ZZ Plant (Zamioculcas zamiifolia)
9. Cigar Plant (Calathea lutea)
10. Polka dot Begonia (Begonia maculate)