The long-awaited McDonald's BTS Meal officially launches on Friday, June 18, in the Philippines and the global fast-food chain is making sure that COVID-19 safety will be a top priority.
For those who want to get a taste, the BTS Meal—10-piece Chicken McNuggets, medium fries, medium Coca-Cola, and Sweet Chili and Cajun dipping sauces—can be bought at McDonald's stores via dine in and take out, drive thru, and via food delivery.
McDonald's Philippines marketing and channels head Oliver Rabatan said its stores across the country have prepared measures to ensure that store crew members and customers stay COVID-19 safe during the BTS Meal launch, including coordination with local government units to avoid crowding.
"We have made preparations for the expected high demand of orders... A big part of the preparation is ensuring that we will not compromise the safety of our crew and customers," he said in an online press conference.
"We proactively coordinated with different barangays and LGUs, informing them about the launch tomorrow and even asking for their assistance," he said.
Here are McDonald's COVID-19 safety guidelines for those who want to buy the BTS Meal:
1. When buying at the store, line up in the appropriate lane and keep a safe distance from others. McDonald's staff will monitor the queuing area to avoid crowding.
2. Always wear your mask and face shield. Customers not wearing face masks and face shields will not be allowed at the store.
3. Fill out the health declaration form manually or via the StaySafe App by scanning the QR code.
4. Drive-thru customers will be guided by traffic marshals. Customers will be given QR codes for pre-ordering to ensure smooth transactions.
5. A strict 'no touch' policy will be implemented from payments to serving of orders.
Reportr is now on Quento. Download the app on iOS and Android or visit the Quento website for more articles and videos from Reportr and your favorite websites.