Vegetables are good for your health, but eating salad after salad can get really tiresome. You can excite your taste buds again without giving up those healthy vegetables if you try these innovative recipes. Below are interesting ways to prepare togue, kalabasa, sayote and sigarilyas. Not only will you get your fill of nutritious food, but you will also eat your meal with more gusto. View the gallery below to learn about these scrumptious recipes.
For related articles, check out these links:
- Around the World in 7 Dishes: Recipes for the Kitchen Globetrotter
- Caffeinated Cuisine: 5 Sweet and Savory Recipes with a Coffee Kick
- No Cooking Required: 4 Easy No-Cook Recipes to Try
- Easy Eats: 8 Quick and Affordable Meals
- Leftover Makeover: 4 Great Ways to Repurpose Party Leftovers
(First published in Good Housekeeping, Good Food, Budget Meals section as "Fresh Takes" in April 2010; Photos by Miguel Nacianceno; adapted for use in Female Network)