The rains may come and the weather may be cool, but they're no reason to be glum! This layered ice cream concoction should get you and your family to cheer up despite the ever-changing weather. Get the kids involved by letting them help stir the batter for the brownies before baking. Then, let them scoop their favorite ice cream flavors onto the baked brownie layers, making sure to even out the ice cream layers. Wrap it up, stuff it in the freezer, and shoo the kids away so this easy DIY ice cream cake can solidify overnight!
Fudgy Ice Cream Cake
Prep time: 30 minutes plus overnight freezing
Makes 12 servings
1 pack fudgy brownie mix
1 pint vanilla ice cream
1 pint strawberry ice cream
1⁄2 cup all-purpose cream (optional)
1⁄3 cup chocolate chips
1. Prepare brownie batter according to package instructions.
2. Divide the brownie batter between two 10”x 10” baking pans. Bake. Remove pans from oven five minutes before the recommended baking time for a fudgier brownie layer. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
3. Scoop an even layer of vanilla ice cream on top of one brownie pan. Work fast as the ice cream melts very quickly.
4. Remove the other brownie from its pan; run a knife along the edge of the pan, invert, and gently tap bottom.
5. Lay brownie on top of vanilla ice cream. Scoop an even layer of strawberry ice cream on top. Cover with aluminum foil and freeze overnight.
6. When ready to serve, cut and serve in individual plates and top with whipped cream and chocolate chips. Place your knife in hot water before using to easily and evenly cut the cake into slices.
Tip: For birthdays, use a round baking pan with a removable bottom. Decorate the cake with colorful candy sprinkles and lots of chocolates.
(Photo by Erwin Obcemea. Food styling by Chiqui Lloren. Recipes by Maricel Abad.)
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Trending on Network