Author Topic: What does it mean if a guy kisses a girl on the cheek?  (Read 1459 times)

megumiii

• Wandering Goddess
  • Junior GirlTalker
What does it mean if a guy kisses a girl on the cheek?
« on: January 31, 2019, 02:18:20 pm »
I'm currently very troubled and I'm begging for some sort of enlightenment.

1. Does it mean anything if a guy kisses a girl on the cheek?

I was kissed on the cheek by "T" as we were saying our goodbyes on a crowded sidewalk. I thought he was going to hug me (which is surprising since I never thought of him as the physical type). I was going to hug him back cause I thought that was sweet being initiated by him but he swooped in for a kiss instead on my cheek. I was too stunned to do or say anything and I was just rooted to the spot. If it meant that he's been harboring romantic feelings for me, it would really come as a surprise since he never showed any indication and he never made a move until then. After which, he went his separate way and never looked back. This happened a little more than week ago.

2. If yes, what did it mean? If no, then why did he do it? Do guys normally do this to girls they're attracted but not close to?

If I was not attracted to the guy, I would be greatly offended but the problem is, I'm deeply attracted to him. And he never showed any indication that he liked me and he never tried to make any move on me.

Our common friend asked him about it and he said he did it because he liked me but he never did it to take advantage of me cause he respects me a lot. He even described me as a princess and him my devoted subject. He said he was surprised himself by his actions and blamed it on his instincts kicking in. But he said it felt really good with a tinge of guilt. He then joked that he might do my other cheek next time.

3. Why hasn't the guy contacted the girl ever since the incident? Is he waiting for the girl to make the first move? What are common reasons for going MIA after making such a bold move?

He told our common friend that he wanted to know my reaction but he never contacted me, not even on Messenger (we're FB friends). Whenever our common friend brings up the incident and me, he would be really curious and even wanted screenshots of me and our friend's chat. When our friend suggested why don't he message me directly instead, he kept on insisting that he's shy and embarrassed. He wanted to see the screenshots so he can evaluate my replies (me and our friend was talking about him). He pestered our friend 3x before he gave up on the screenshots.

4. If a guy clearly doesn't want to approach a girl first, would it be a bad idea for a girl to make the first move instead?

Truth is, I like him too a lot. And I want to let him know that the feeling is mutual and he doesn't need to be scared of approaching me. If I will message him first, should I talk about a random subject so that he knows it's not awkward between us or should I directly address the issue and ask him if that kiss meant anything?

5. Is it so fast and easy for guys to move on to the next available girl?

He just got accepted in UST despite enrolling late. He's taking up his 2nd degree. Our common friend, who went with him, told me that he's been eyeing girls in the campus and he even bragged to him that he managed to get one of the numbers of the girls in the office of the college where he inquired. Not sure if he's joking though. Or maybe I was just a game to him?

I feel so lost and betrayed, and I couldn't even stop my tears from falling. And these questions have been plaguing my mind ever since. We never exchanged messages since the incident, and we never met. Though our common friend tried to arrange a meet up between us, it just didn't push through. Destiny was against us.

6. Does it complicate things if the guy is the former student of the girl, and is 2 years younger than her?

I teach foreign language and he used to be in my class last year from Sept-Dec. He used to work as an English teacher, teaching foreign students in a language school but he quit his job this month cause he wanted to go back to school and have better credentials. He initially planned to enroll in the next level but he told our friend he's not so sure right now cause he's already back in university. But he did mention to him that he'll consider if I'm going to be his teacher again.

Please help me understand his actions and his intentions cause right now, he's a big contradiction to me. His words and actions simply don't jive together. I just don't know what to do anymore and this is consuming me.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 02:25:09 pm by megumiii »

Kiara027

• Ingeniero| Sagitario | Buey
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • I don't get mad. I get even. :D
Re: What does it mean if a guy kisses a girl on the cheek?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 02:42:57 pm »
hi TS. I saw your posts to the other threads regarding your students. My take

he is just not that into you.

If he really likes you:

1. he will talk to you
2. make the first moves
3. will make an effort to see you
4. make an effort to get to know you on a personal level

Na over romanticize mo lang yung kiss sa cheeks mo. Maybe it doesn't mean anything to him.
i am for everybody yet i am for none. nobody owns me neither i own one...

xtine_orig

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 02:55:34 pm »
Hello TS. 

Unfortunately kiss on the cheek may mean that the guy thinks you were pretty at that time.  I also had a married colleague who kissed me on the cheek when me and the group are about to separate ways going home.  But he told me i looked pretty at that time (no malice to me).  Minsan talaga matsansin sila but its harmless especially if you are friends.

If the guy really likes you, he is consistent in making effort to get to know you like previous post specified.

three8one

• Super GirlTalker
  • GuyTalker
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 03:07:33 pm »
@ megumiii,
wag po kayo hibang. hehe! biro lang. kung ang lalake hindi nagpapakita ng consistency sa umpisa palang hindi yan interesado. at kahit pa he was just testing the water kung kakagat ka may consistency pa din yang ipapakita. eh kung wala naman pala, simple way of saying goodbye to you lang niya yun. yun lang yun. nagkakaganyan ka lang kasi nga sabi mo type mo sya. eh di kung ka talaga mapakali jan sa kiss na yan, ikaw na mismo gumawa ng hakbang. pero maging ready ka sa rejection. okay kung maganda magiging output, pero kung hindi naman, wag ko naman sana Makita ka na nagpopost sa thread ng depression.

madami pa diyan iba. napakalawak ng dagat. kung wala ka Makita diyan sa pwesto mo ngayon, pwede lipat ka ng iba pwesto baka andun ang dawi mo. hehe!
.... apart from You i can do nothing.... but with God nothing is impossible...therefore, I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.

John 15:5
Matthew 19:26
Philippians 4:13

TomHansen

• Not a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Wait for it..
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 03:20:47 pm »
he is just not that into you.
... nadala lang ng sandali yun nung time na nagkiss siya sayo. If he really likes you dapat may constant communication na kayo - ganon kapag tinamaan e gusto mo laging makausap yung tao at gagawa ka ng paraan para magkaconnection kayo, dapat may follow through. Gusto ko sanang isipin na baka sobrang busy lang at gusto niya munang makapagsettle sa school niya pero hindi e, ano ba naman yung text diba 10 secs lang..

He never promised you anything sis, maybe after ng kiss ang dami mo nang naisip na what ifs or future niyo because you're expecting liligawan ka na niya pero no walang ganun. Try mong bumalik sa time before ka niya i-kiss at kung ano man ang relasyon niyo ng time na yun understand na ganun pa rin kayo ngayon - magkakilala..
Attraversiamo..

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close