Author Topic: Tagaytay Wedding (Thread 15)  (Read 79135 times)

ayouweinlove

• Junior GirlTalker
  • You can't fix stupid, but you can numb it.
Tagaytay Wedding (Thread 15)
« on: May 02, 2016, 02:36:32 pm »
New house na tayo mga tagaytay brides :)

Locked na yung previous thread, dito po tayo galing:
http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php/topic,289955.580.html

How's your wedding preps?
J & A
I stopped fighting my inner demons. we're on the same side now.

jadedrock

Re: Tagaytay Wedding (Thread 15)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 07:54:10 pm »
Recently got engaged and planning to be a Tagaytay Bride! my non-negotiable supplier, my videographer, unfortunately hasn't replied yet on his availability date, so our wedding date is still unknown -- but we're planning to get married in April 2017! :)

I've seen pictures of Hacienda Isabella and it looks really nice.  Any feedback on this venue? Thanks in advance!

pinkonearth

• GirlTalker
  • Just married!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 03:59:16 pm »
^Sis, go and contact na your preferred church, venue, caterer and P/V. Backreading, they say these get booked early so protect your turf, haha! I wasn't able to get my first choice din of venue (we started planning 9 months before wedding).

No personal feedback on Hacienda Isabella but based on research because I also considered it, it is huuuge. Maybe 150 and up guests sulit (they charge extra for additional guests if you exceed 100). Minimum venue rental rate runs 220k++

You can shoot them an email to get full details re: package.  ;)

lyechee

• GirlTalker
  • Love, Laughter and Ever After - R ♥ L * 12|20|16
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 05:33:13 pm »
hello again!

Any reviews or feed backs to:
1. Yellow Coco
2. Casa Alegria
3. The Lake Hotel
4. AirBnb House Rental at Canyon Woods?
5. Crosswinds Tagaytay

- Allowed ba magpasok ng outside foods for crew meal?
- Mahigpit ba sila sa check-out time? kc 3pm ang ceremony time ko, so I was thinking if they would allow me na magextend kahit sa isang room lang?
- any other suggestions where I can do my wedding preps and stay na din the night before?
  2 family kasi kami, plus the entourage.

Thanks again!
"In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities." - Janos Arany

savvychic

• GirlTalker
    • InBetweenBytes
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 06:45:10 pm »
Haven't visited the thread for awhile. Haven't updated my blog either.  As a way of giving back to this forum that helped us a lot in preparing for our dream wedding without compromising our budget am sharing the blog post of our wedding photographer which he just recently posted.
Thank you sissies!!

http://lawtapalla.com/weddings/jan-and-dianna/

Favorite suppliers:
1. Chateau Hestia - service at its best. All transactions went smoothly. All my requests to Ms. Lhen were met and even exceeded my expectations.
2. Law Tapalla - very talented, easy to transact with
3. The Wedding East - they were able to actualize my vision.
4. Nini Marquez - for achieving the natural look that I wanted.
5. Velvet Mood - super easy to transact with and for setting the romantic mood from church to venue. Very talented.

They're my favorite suppliers because we feel that we got our money's worth and even more!! Love love <3 <3 <3

Runners up and the review of the rest shall be posted in my blog
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 07:14:24 pm by savvychic »

pinkonearth

• GirlTalker
  • Just married!
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 08:47:02 pm »
Sis lyechee, which among your options is nearest your ceremony venue?

If you're getting separate rooms, it will work well for preps, albeit a little more costly if it's for two families and the entourage. You can always try to check first with the hotels if you can have a late check-out at an additional cost instead of booking for another night.

On the other hand, check the Airbnb terms of the hosted place, regarding strictness. I read that most hostings do not allow extensions especially if someone is booked after you.

Lastly, if you choose villa-types, make sure you check if the areas are big enough to do the preps. Sometimes, if a house has a lot of rooms and are easier on the budget, you won't be able to utilize naman separate preps rooms kasi masikip.

When is your wedding? I saw from Dealgrocer of a Crosswinds Tagaytay voucher. But again, check proximity. Considered getting rooms here but it was far from our venue so had to choose a nearer place. :)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 07:24:09 am by mama squeak! »

girlush

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 09:29:38 am »
Ask ko lang why wala nababanggit na  yung church nila eh yung Ina ng Laging Saklolo?

Me naka visit na ba sa inyo dito?
Thanks
If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else - Dave Ramsey "Total Money Makeover"

lyechee

• GirlTalker
  • Love, Laughter and Ever After - R ♥ L * 12|20|16
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 09:38:41 am »
sis pinkonearth thank you for the advice and suggestions. I might come home next month to do an ocular visits, but I know I would have a very limited time kaya short list ko na [textspeak!] pwede ko puntahan. Yes, I have read good reviews for Cross Winds, but un nga I have to check how far is it from the church venue.
"In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities." - Janos Arany

pinkonearth

• GirlTalker
  • Just married!
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 01:49:05 pm »
^Sis, it's nice that you can go home and do the ocular yourself. We planned and booked from overseas.  :)

We checked through Google maps and also checked with the potential preps place how far they were from the venue.

Happy shortlisting!

noveetwenty3

• GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2016, 02:13:55 pm »
Ask ko lang why wala nababanggit na  yung church nila eh yung Ina ng Laging Saklolo?

Me naka visit na ba sa inyo dito?
Thanks

Naku sis wag mo na balakin, sa lahat ng church sa tagaytay, yan ang pinakamaarte at pinakamahirap kausap. Pumunta kami dyan before, and nabadtrip lang friend ko. Not worth it!

ayouweinlove

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 04:13:45 pm »
^you might want to check out. St. Mary Magdalene Parish in amadeo. paloob siya pero paglabas mo skyranch na. ample parking space din and the good thing is very affordable siya. The church is not too small din.

^Okay ang crosswinds. though malayo nga sa mga churches sa Tagaytay. adjust ka lang talaga ng travel time. esp if your wedding falls on a weekend.
J & A

savvychic

• GirlTalker
    • InBetweenBytes
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2016, 06:59:17 pm »
Crosswinds didn't give us group discount even if we booked 7 rooms.  The Property Mgt also charged us for taking videos within Crosswinds premises.  Nevertheless mas nakatipid pa rin kami coz it was the guests who paid their accommodation.

Also, pag sa crosswinds ka you have to consider the food of your guests kasi malayo sya sa mga restaurants although they allow food delivery.

girlush

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2016, 07:40:58 pm »
Naku sis wag mo na balakin, sa lahat ng church sa tagaytay, yan ang pinakamaarte at pinakamahirap kausap.
Madami ba bawal? Kaya siguro hindi man lang nababanggit dito sa gt. Sinabihan ko kase mother ko na mag inquire din don.

Thanks sis
If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else - Dave Ramsey "Total Money Makeover"

littlemissbiatch

• Junior GirlTalker
    • pink noise
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2016, 10:37:57 am »
Any feedback on having the wedding preps sa Splendido condotel? We tried doing an ocular pero all rooms were fully booked daw. Are the 2BR rooms spacious enough? TIA!

girlush

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2016, 11:21:20 am »
Good day mga sis ,

Any feedback sa Chateau Hestia Garden?
Or meron ba kumuha sa inyo ng wedding package of Q Hotel?

Salamat

Missus O

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2016, 06:44:56 pm »
Hi mga sis :D For those who will be married in San Antonio de Padua in Silang, na wala pang confirmation, we were told by Bro. Larry na they can also hold confirmations there. Pero this will be done like a few days prior to the wedding or in the same day that you will have your canonical interview.  You can try calling them for this mga sis.  We didn't avail of this kasi I'm already confirmed and magconfirmationnna si hubby sa San Miguel church sa Malacanang.
what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

courtney0507

• Probationary
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2016, 01:09:58 pm »
Hi mga sis I had my wedding this May at San Antonio de Padua in Pooc Silang Cavite normally na-tag kasi yung place sa tagaytay since near lang sa area. Okay mag wedding dun kasi maayos kausap sina kuya Larry and the rest of the staff at San Antonio.

Actually hindi ako mahilig mag blog but I want to share my experience sa naging catering namin which is based at Tagaytay.
I booked them around october or november last year. at first natuwa naman ako dun sa event officer nila kasi napaka persuasive niya ang bilis niya sumagot sa mga inquiry kaya ayun bayad ako. Late January nakita ko yung event officer ko hindi na pala sya part ng catering company na yan. I called up and ang sabi okay lang yun mam sila bahala. Medyo mahirap sila kontakin after the booking sa totoo lang pag may tanong ka or kahit mag email, text or tawag ka most na yung the next day na sasagutin ka nila. Lalo na yung time na kailangan ko yung info kasi baka mag move ako ng wedding dahil naiba yung uwi ng kapatid ko from abroad. Imagine I've been calling them at deadma. to my frustration pinapa cancel ko na yung booking at the moment na kausap ko yung may-ari sabi niya okay we will refund just prepare the refund request letter. So I did nung nag email ako a certain man  from their accounting dept replied to me with rudeness kesho I should get a coordinator daw para atleast sila na lang yung tatawag sa catering pag may tanong. Hindi daw nila concern ang event styling kasi catering lang daw ang kinuha ko well in fact nakalagay naman dun sa package na kinuha ko na basic styling. During the time na tumatwag ako na hindi nila ko sinasagot may concern is about the date ng availability nila since mag move ako ng date. Then according to them forfeited na daw yung kalahati ng bayad ko. hello eh almost full na yung bayad ko tapo forfeit lang. So okay lang pinalampas ko na and a certain new event officerl naman ang humawak sa kasal ko okay naman ulit we had a food tasting then nag meeting na kami pano yung istrusa ng backdrop and the likes ano yung mga ilalagay nila. So I thought all the while na okay na ang lahat. 5 days before my wedding day I was informed na iba na naman ang hahawak ng kasal ko kasi nga nagkaproblema si yung may hawak ng wedding ko "personal problem ulit" this was the same reason they gave me nung sa unag humawak. I was transferred to 3rd time ayun tawag tanong ult sya sabi nila okay lang daw sila daw bahala so ako naman si okay lang dahil I thought na endorse ng maayos. Eve of my wedding day yung caretaker ng venue told me na hindi pa daw nakakapag ocular ang catering ko.  Imagine 3pm ng hapon before the wedding day dun lang sila nag ocular. Tapos meeting ulit kung ano dw gusto kong backdrop. sino ba namang ikakasal ang matutuwa na back to zero ulit. I only book initially 85k theI ended up paying 113,00o for the food alone. What makes me disappointed is that papalit palit sila ng tao tapos hindi nila inform yung client tapos on the day ng wedding hindi yun ang iansan kong ayos as in way below my expectation when I booked them.  Tiffany chairs wala man lang mga foam, yung backdrop na iaasahan kong maganda is napaka simple wala man lag talang bulaklak na nilagay kung hindi yung artificial flower nila. Yung tall vases na sinabi ko na color blue yung water wala din as in water lang kung hindi ko pa nakita during the ingress tubig lang talaga Nilagyan naman nila yung ibang table ng colored water kaso "violet" which is hindi yung ang usapan. Sabi nila they will put mood lights sa registration table, cake table pero on the end wala mood light sa backdrop lang na napaka simple talaga. Yung kinuha ko na tech team sila ang nagpaganda ng ambiance. Very disappointing kasi ang tagal na nga na ibook and yet parang rush yung wedding. Imagine spring themed yung wedding then ang sabi nung april rustic daw. Hindi sila nag communicate ng maayos. If I can go back I will definitely not book them.  Kaya ng ordinaryong catering yung set up nila as in. No need to spent more than a thousands of peso for the catering na food lang at sobrang basic na basic na styling. Not worth the money.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 01:42:52 pm by courtney0507 »

ayouweinlove

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2016, 11:34:27 pm »
^ ang sad naman nito sis, care to share kung sino ang caterer mo? how about the food? satisfying naman ba, wala ka kasi nabanggit sana nakabawi man lang sila na masarap and satisfied ang guests sa food.
J & A

pinkonearth

• GirlTalker
  • Just married!
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2016, 01:56:51 pm »
^Sis, that's sad. :( But let go mo na lang since tapos na sya. And do share with us sino yung caterer for precaution.

Tama si sis ayouweinlove, baka naman may justification sa food.

Did you have a coordinator? If you had one, dapat na-prompt din yung caterer.

cc1818

• GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2016, 10:35:54 am »
Hi mga sis! Meron ba dito na ikakasal this year or next sa Tagaytay Highlands? Gusto kasi sana ng H2B ko na dun kami, kaso nahihirapan ako icontact sila. Invalid yung emails dun sa website :( since overseas bride ako, limited lang yung use ko ng phone. Is there any chance na may makakapagbigay ng valid email address ng highlands? Or based sa mga nabasa ko, AE nila si Ms Sharon.. Sana may makapagbigay. Thanks mga sissies! :)

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close