Author Topic: budget travelling but still comfortable  (Read 5045 times)

miksha

• Senior GirlTalker
budget travelling but still comfortable
« on: November 25, 2012, 10:01:13 pm »
Napansin ko madami blogs sa internet that offers advice/suggestions on how to travel on a budget/cheap but they are all for single travelers. How about us that have a family (like parents with kids-- and not kids like teenagers but age range of 2-12 years). As parents comfort is often the top most in our list when we travel so usually shell out a lot more to be able to stay in a hotel instead of a hostel/dorm or eat in a restaurant (where you are sure that the food is cooked properly and good hygiene is being followed) instead of food stalls or street food, or wala naman family/friend/relative that can offer a place to stay. Any good blogs out there that caters to families (with kids) that travel on a budget?

neeners

• Junior GirlTalker
  • just wandering
    • justwandering.org
Re: budget travelling but still comfortable
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 06:38:24 am »
Not a lot of local travel blogs focus on family travel. Of the top of my head, the only one that comes to mind is Pinay Travel Junkie (http://www.pinaytraveljunkie.com/)

Maybe instead of hotels, you can consider staying at apartments instead? It's not as costly as a hotel, and you have the option to cook your own meals, which will save you money and assure that what you're eating is clean. Check out https://www.airbnb.com and http://roomorama.com

janadoodles

• mother.wife.macaholic.itchy feet
    • Libot.Laboy.Love
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 03:34:23 pm »
I'm interested din sa ganitong blog.

I just started a travel blog and so far, one entry pa lang with my kids. Hoping to post more pero gusto ko din sana kumuha ng advice sa mga families who travel together.

hikarichan

• GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 12:24:30 pm »
pwedeng pwede naman talaga kahit for a family ang ganito, iisa rin ang technique, plan early and research thoroughly. for resources i don't recommend blogs, mas ok mag research at magtanong sa forums like here in GT, pinoyexchange and websites like tripadvisor.
sa forums kasi maraming honest advices so maiiwasan mo ang mga tourist traps na nakakasira lang ng budget at oras.

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 07:02:19 pm »
Well, it's usually young, earning adults that go for cheap travel.  They still have the energy (and good humor) to survive small discomforts; not to mention, having the more  flexible mind frame to "go with the flow".  (It is hard to "go with the flow" when with an unsettled/tired out kid.)

Traveling with young kids will really test your patience and relationship with your kids and spouse.  As HIKARICHAN stated:  plan  early & research thoroughly.

There must be an itinerary/activity schedule from the onset. 
Travel with more than 1st Aid meds; consult your pedia. 
Use your better judgment.  "Cheap" may not translate into "economical" when factoring in transpo costs/commute time, security concerns, and  physical "wear & tear".   A vacation is supposed to re-energize, supposedly a bonding & pleasurable experience.  So attack it with ease --  most trips flop because of too much activities unrealistically crammed into the itinerary. (it's a trip-vacation, not The Amazing Race!).   Or, unrealistic expectations of what we paid for. (Some things just cost more abroad. That's why foreigners find it More Fun In The Philippines di ba?).   

swit_squiggle

• Financial Advisor on the go
  • Junior GirlTalker
    • search and have fun
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 03:08:09 pm »
You never fail to make me laugh talaga aquacharly.

Tried traveling the cheap backpacker style, homestay with relatives, sexcapades with hubby in an isolated island minus the kids and checking in to luxurious hotel with family. And oo nga naman pag kasama ang mga chikiting, especially toddlers, kahit anong ganda ng lugar you have to deal with their tantrums at yun masisira lang ang trip - not all, but most of the time. Mas maganda nga kung may toddler dapat kasama ang yaya sa vacation. yun nga lang additional expense.
Financial Literacy Advocate, Proud Mommy

My blog on personal finance and women empowerment

cheezecake

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 03:52:24 pm »
I've tried this with my so in HK and SG.  Happy and enjoy kami.  Plan early and research thoroughly din ang sinasabi ko.  Marami talaga akong friends na pinagtatanungan and good thing may naibibigay sa aking ok na lugar lagi.  ;D

miksha

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 02:38:03 pm »
sis aquacharly you should have a blog =) nice mga tips and suggestions mo very informative talaga kahit doon sa financial side

Juricks

• Love never fails.... (1 Corinthians 13:1-8a and 13)
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Live, laugh, love. ;)
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 12:53:46 pm »
pwedeng pwede naman talaga kahit for a family ang ganito, iisa rin ang technique, plan early and research thoroughly. for resources i don't recommend blogs, mas ok mag research at magtanong sa forums like here in GT, pinoyexchange and websites like tripadvisor.
sa forums kasi maraming honest advices so maiiwasan mo ang mga tourist traps na nakakasira lang ng budget at oras.

yup, i have to agree. did that last december.
we travelled with two senior citizens and one "junior" citizen. bale 7 kami.

did it through promo airfares, booking the accomodation months before our travel date, etc.
parang nagtingin lang sa blog ng mga okay na food don pero for the itinerary and others, varied sites. mostly, forums nga.
Life isn't about waiting
for the storm to pass..
It's about learning to
DANCE in the RAIN...

subzero

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 05:39:43 pm »
count me in! from domestic to overseas, i always make sure na kahit budgeted ang aming trips, will make sure na comfortable.not to the point na hindi airconditioned and super liit ng room

lagi akong after sa location ng hotel, distance from the sites and i do a lot of research. Tripadvisor is my fave site for reviews.

Age is an issue of mind over matter.  If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.  ~Mark Twain

ayezhamari

• Probationary
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 07:41:55 pm »
sobrang nakakarelate naman ako this time sa thread na ito. I'm currently preparing our itinerary for our upcoming trip to Manaoag-Hundred Islands.  Ang hirap! super challenging! Hindi kasi kami familiar ng husband ko sa place.  We'll spend my birthday at hundred islands, but before we go there, gusting gusto naming dumaan sa Manaoag Church.  We'll be travelling with our 1yr & 3mos old baby, kaya sama din naming si yaya.  todo research ako ngayon what best itinerary to follow, kasi on top of verything, yung safety and comfort pa rin ni baby yun priority naming. :)

gusto ko rin mgstart ng blog eh, and etong trip na to yung debut travel blog ko.. and gusto ko yung idea na travelling with kids! :)

pretty_B

• Super GirlTalker
  • part time bloated. full time pretty.
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 11:33:21 am »
and i will quote...

plan early and research thoroughly

eto ginagawa ko ngayon sisters. ang concern ng mga sisters natin sa itaas ay yung pang family, and yes yun din concern ko. though i'm still single, i want to travel a lot with my mom. :D

SHARE KO LANG...we'll be having PPS tour this September, nakapag-plan and research na ako pero nagbabasa-basa and nagtatanong-tanong pa din ako dito sa GT for mas wais tips from our sisters.

and then i am planning na magkaroon ulit ng isa pang domestic travel by March-May next year (haha. ang tagal pa nuh?!), birthday treat ko sana for my mom. any suggestions? yung budget-friendly na trip sana kasi...

we're going to HK ber months next year (mas super tagal naman ito! HAHAHA!). and of course, nagreresearch na din ako.

this coming christmas, siguro around our province na lang muna kami para maka-save ng money for our next year's travels. :D

Pa-UP lang ng thread. buhayin natin itong thread na ito para sa mga budget-travelers! :D
rawr.

subzero

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2013, 02:27:57 pm »
eto ang pananaw ko: Budget Travelling yet Safe and Comfortable.

Age is an issue of mind over matter.  If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.  ~Mark Twain

xtine

• Certified Jetsetter
  • Super GirlTalker
  • I live to travel..
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2013, 05:05:54 pm »
When abroad (first world countries), I always stay in hostel.  Coz of their amenities like free wifi and the laundry facilities.  I don't need to carry too much clothes kasi I can wash it.  Also, hostels offer the cheapest tour packages around.  I don't mind sleeping with other people as long as it is all ladies per room.  I just buy cheap sleep mask so that even if they open the lights, it won't disturb me.  So far, I haven't had any bad experience with inconsiderate roommates.

whatswithjuly

• frustrated dancer, photographer, fashion designer
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2013, 08:47:30 am »
san kaya maganda travel with family. plan is after my sis' graduation on april..kasi sya na lang nag-aaral samin. gusto ko by plane kasi first time nila sakay ng plane..hehe.. we are 6 in the family. comfortable yet budget-friendly sana.
I was in the wrong story. I left.

www.twitter.com/tearjerkyjulie

k_heart

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 08:06:21 pm »
^HK or Macau will be the cheapest sis pero at the same time, madami kayong mapupuntahan.
Or kaya Thailand. Sa iba kasing Asian countries, wala din naman masyado makikita. Singapore naman,
mas expensive compared sa HK.

Kady_14

• Nanay ni Abudayday at Kutchikoy!
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2013, 07:46:01 am »
I'd say ganito ang trips namin, budget travel (pero not hard core) pero siyempre comfy.

Sa HK sis mas madali makapasyal kasi sa MTR. hehe Iuupdate ko nga ang blog ko to share our first travel experience way back 2008.

dobersosshare

• Probationary
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2020, 06:45:56 am »
Regardless of whether you go to the mountains, the coast or plan a walk through a large metropolis, you will definitely need a backpack. A backpack is simple outside and functional inside. It is a perfect choice of experienced travelers. I buy travel accessories at online stores like StartMyHobbyTrip.com. It is fast and convenient, and reviews of other customers help a lot.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close