Author Topic: Do you know where you will go if you die?  (Read 4129 times)

snowyice

• Super GirlTalker
Do you know where you will go if you die?
« on: July 18, 2011, 02:36:32 pm »
My friends son just passed away last week and while he was in the hospital a pastor asked him are you ready to meet our creator/ to leave the world?  My friends son said I'm not ready because I want to graduate HS since he is in 4th year high, and I'm afraid because I have plenty of sins.  The pastor said you don't need to worry about your sins since Jesus Christ already paid for it just believe and accept him as your Saviour and Lord and rest assured your sins are all forgiven.  After that conversation with the pastor, my sons friend told her mom that he saw Jesus telling him that they would go to the kingdom of heaven, after a 3 days his son died.  :'(

After reading this, let me ask you "Do you know where you will go if you die now?" 

Paintings Galore

• GirlTalker
  • Robot
    • Paintings Galore
Re: Do you know where you will go if you die?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 11:33:49 pm »
I really don't know.. Ang tagal tagal ko ng tinatanong yan sa sarili ko. Other says na sa purgatory muna, others naman spirits of the dead remains earth bound till they finish their unfinished business.. hmm!.

superbubly

• 👀 👄 👅
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • =♥♥ 7 years ng GirlTalker YAY ♥♥=
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 03:41:58 pm »
I don't know eh, wala akong idea Basta ang alam ko ang kaluluwa ko may kukuha nun puwedeng sa langit o kay satanas (knock on wood)
♥♥ 7 years na pala sa GT ahahaha ♥♥

Dhee-Dhee

• programmer, cake boss addict, mom-wanna-be, daydreamer and
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • I can't live without ice cream!
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 10:23:40 pm »
kinilabutan ako sis snowyice dun sa part na nakita nung bata si Jesus.. no one can really tell, right? pero ako sa paniniwala ko, sa heaven ako.  :)
It's like my heart is a tooth, and it's got a cavity that can only be filled with children. ~Gru

BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH NAH NAH!

Snow globes and carousels.. oh how I love them!

snowyice

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 10:31:36 pm »
well, if you are the one who is going to die for sure you know kung sino ang nakikita mo.  ;D  Well, God gave his one and only begotten son for us to be saved.  When Jesus died on the cross it's finish tayong mga tao lang naman ang ayaw maniwala na accepting Jesus Christ is the only way to go to heaven eh, so we do a lot of stuff to get ourselves to heaven. Which is trash in the eyes of God because those works can't pay for our sins.   

noemi86

• I'm a Christ Follower, Lovely Daughter, Sweet Friend ♪ I LOVE BESTFRIEND JC! =D
  • GirlTalker
  • ♥ I thank God for everything! ♥
    • Multiply Account
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 02:29:49 pm »
well, if you are the one who is going to die for sure you know kung sino ang nakikita mo.  ;D  Well, God gave his one and only begotten son for us to be saved.  When Jesus died on the cross it's finish tayong mga tao lang naman ang ayaw maniwala na accepting Jesus Christ is the only way to go to heaven eh, so we do a lot of stuff to get ourselves to heaven. Which is trash in the eyes of God because those works can't pay for our sins.

agree :)
Ecclesiastes 3:11
He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

shenka

• GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 02:29:35 pm »
if you have Jesus in your heart and you accepted Him as your Lord and savior, you definitely know where you are going :)

rianne_mallows

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 05:46:52 pm »
sa heaven :)

i agree with snowyice.. the only way to heaven is through Jesus Christ
hindi naman ako masamang tao
sadyang kapag nasasabi ako ng totoo
tumatama at tumatagos sa pagkatao mo

Escapaira

• Senior GirlTalker
  • まりあ
    • Instagram
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2013, 09:17:10 pm »
Hindi ko alam. Di din ako makarelihoyosong tao.
Skincare . Foods . Travel
目指すべき所に、近道は存在しない。
Please check my onlineshop: https://shopee.ph/orenjisan/

marsii

• GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 11:15:00 pm »
What Happens When You Die?

The Bible’s answer

The Bible says: “The living are conscious that they will die;
but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at
all.” (Ecclesiastes 9:5; Psalm 146:4 ) Therefore, when we
die, we cease to exist. The dead can’t think, act, or feel
anything.
“To dust you will return”
God explained what happens when we die when he spoke to
the first man, Adam. Because Adam was disobedient, God
said to him: “Dust you are and to dust you will
return.” ( Genesis 3:19 ) Before God created Adam “out of
dust from the ground,” Adam did not exist. ( Genesis 2:7 )
Likewise, when Adam died, he returned to dust and ceased
to exist.
The same thing happens to those who die now. Speaking of
both humans and animals, the Bible says: “They have all
come to be from the dust, and they are all returning to the
dust.”— Ecclesiastes 3:19, 20 .
Death is not necessarily the end of everything
The Bible often compares death to sleep. ( Psalm 13:3; John
11:11-14; Acts 7:60 ) A person who is fast asleep is
unaware of what is happening around him. Likewise, the
dead are not conscious of anything. Yet, the Bible teaches
that God can awaken the dead as if from sleep and give
them life again. (Job 14:13-15 ) For those whom God
resurrects, death is not the end of everything.

http://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/when-you-die/

ikaela

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Avatar from photographer Rosie Hardy
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 11:32:30 pm »
Reincarnated. This can't be my highest level of being. I believe I have to live a thousand lifetimes more before I reach that.

nettai

• Tropical Citrus Fruit
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2014, 10:15:36 am »
Who knows? We'll never know until we've reached that stage already.

We can go to heaven, paradise, purgatory or hell, we can be reincarnated, we can just turn into dust, we can live in a distant star, we can become esters or ghosts or zombies or whatever creature... Maybe we just do not know if those who are dying and seeing things before they die are just hallucinating, their brain acting out, or maybe this is just true.

Nothing has been proven to be true anyway, not even the teachings (Torah, Bible, Qu'ran, etc) can answer anything as their authenticity haven't been proven as well.

It's the faith that makes us decide which is "true" for ourselves.
~ Crux Sacra Sit Mihi Lux, Non Draco Sit Mihi Dux ~

super_julz40

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2015, 06:54:44 pm »
Reincarnated. This can't be my highest level of being. I believe I have to live a thousand lifetimes more before I reach that.

Sis ikaela is correct, we will be reincarnated except that dont wait a thousand lifetimes before you have been purified, the time is now, reflect on your bad attitudes and behaviors and immediately correct them now although its not easy but being determined to change yourself for the better is favorable than doing nothing plus call God, pray to God, have faith and belief to God. Because this is impossible by doing all of this only on your own but it is very possible to God alone. Then help the least of our brethren (pinakamahirap) to raise our awareness, enlightenment and level of our souls.

Matthew 25:40
"The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'

Then by doing all of these, by now for sure you will have an idea where your soul goes. Hope this helps.

God Bless...

the_witness

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2015, 08:57:31 am »
Sis Marsie has the answers from the Bible.

For me,  di ko na hahanapin ang explanation anywhere else if the Bible clearly and simply gives me the answer na. After all,  ALL things written in the Bible are  there to benefit us  and  written under inspiration by our Creator (2 Timothy 3:16) So the Author in essence is our Creator/Owner, the owner of our life, so who alone would know what really happens to us when the life is gone?  So for me, labas sa kahit anong religious teachings, what does the Bible really teach about death muna?

Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6, 10 - hindi na conscious ang namatay, wala ng galit, love, jealousy... unconscious.

It's one simple powerful truth -unconscious.

So I should not be worried about, galit ang ancestors at gumaganti,  nasusunog sa impiyerno,  naghahanap ng hustisya sa masaklap na pagkamatay, very lonely sa purgatory or watching and guiding us from the heavens -- nope... hindi yun eh ..   As much as we want to believe those, they are not teachings of the Bible.

So rest in peace na ba lahat ng namatay forever kung ganon?

Again, what does the Bible really teach about it?

The Bible teaches that the dead who are in God’s memory will be resurrected.  John 5:28-29

What a wonderful hope!

After all, God is Love 1 John 4:8

Kung ang isang patay, tapos na mamatay, ay pinapahirapan pa, how would God be Love if that's the case? Ang lupit naman! For example, isang kasalanan na na-commit ng 1 day,  tama ba na indefinitely sinusunog sa parusa sa impiyerno vs 1 day of crime? - Deuteronomy 32:4 - All God's ways, there is no injustice.  Besides, di ba He is a forgiving God for the repentant ones?  - Psalms 103:12

Remember, before Adam and Eve sinned, anong warning ng Diyos sa kanila if they ate the forbidden fruit? "You will positively die".  Ang sinabi ba ng Diyos "..and then you suffer from an everlasting fiery place!" No!  He just said the punishment is "death" which in essence is non-existence. After all, the wages sin pay is death... not suffering (Romans 6:23)

However, if death pays for the sin, then who will pay for these sins that we inherited from Adam so that the death could be reverse and mag-kakaroon ng resurrection? God, He first loved us (1 John 4:19), hence,  He arranged for the ransom sacrifice of His only-begotten son Jesus para ma-redeem or matubos ang sin that caused death.... kahit gaano kasakit sa Ama ang pagkamatay ng Anak niyang si Jesus.

Ang daming scriptures sa Bible, telling us, that no, whatever majority knows right now, about death is not the Bible's teaching....

So, from the Bible, the answer to the question, "where will you go after you die?" is "NOWHERE literally" ... we'll be like sleeping and waiting for Jehovah- the God that the Bible teaches (Psalms 83:18) to wake us up in resurrection. Acts 24:15.

Would Adam and Eve be resurrected? The answer to that is a different story.

jw.org

Ma.Jewel_1987

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Certified SRC fanatic
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2016, 08:10:21 pm »
I believe in reincarnation  :) If not sa tingin ko naman sa heaven ko mapupunta since wala naman akong malaking ginawang kasalanan.
Enjoy the little things in life, because one day you will realize they were the big things.

quinone

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2016, 02:02:58 am »
i hope to be with God forever and ever (as we always say) ;D

i believe in heaven, purgatory and hell; but not in reincarnation. God is not just Love but is Justice too. also, reading this testimony of Gloria Polo (http://testimony-polo.blogspot.com/) and Marino Restrepo's tell me we often forget to ask forgiveness for our sins of omissions. feeling ko we are most of the time more guilty of this sin than any other.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close