Author Topic: Germany .. Any Inputs?  (Read 15426 times)

simply_anne

• aishite imasu...
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • suteki yo!!!
Re: Germany .. Any Inputs?
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2018, 08:16:16 pm »
^ First time ko sa Europe sis eh. Kaya wala pa ako idea. Nababasa ko lang ripped off daw yung O2. Yung Lyca mobile mas mura but I'm not sure kung meron sa airport. I will be arriving at Frankfurt.
If I could cause just one miracle, it would be trapping this moment in a picture.  Not knowing the noise of a changing era, I just want to stare only at you...

i_miss_sleep

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2018, 02:52:35 am »
Last October, I was able to buy sim sa isang store just outside the airport/train station. I bought it for EU39.99 plus the service for EU15.00. It's unlimited calls/data for any countries in EU...supposedly! I went to Italy, di gumana. So bumili na naman ako doon. Sa Switzerland, both SIMS di gumana. Sa France/Austria/Liechtenstein naman nag-work.

The SIM/Service bought in Frankfurt was by Talk by Vodafone. Sa Milan naman (off-airport EU EU25 plus EU15), WIND ang service. So when buying make sure you spend a 30-45 minutes sa store to understand what services are included. Install the SIM right there and then and make sure it works. Try Facetime, Viber, FB messenger and Tethering/Personal hotspot if they work. And as sis eishied_21adviced, bring passport in order for your sim to be activated.

simply_anne

• aishite imasu...
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • suteki yo!!!
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2018, 12:12:34 pm »
I found some stores near frankfurt central station selling prepaid cards like lycamobile. Grabe super search ako kay mr. Google. I'll try this lycamobile.

Sissies, is exchange rate of euro better in Germany than from originating country?
If I could cause just one miracle, it would be trapping this moment in a picture.  Not knowing the noise of a changing era, I just want to stare only at you...

vanity fair

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2018, 06:00:27 pm »
Are there chinese takeout restaurants in Germany?  What can you suggest for cheap food?  Meron bang cooked food in the supermarkets, like grilled chicken?  Thanks! 

i_miss_sleep

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2018, 12:02:42 am »
^meron yatang Chinese food kahit saan :) Saang city ba ang destination mo? Sa malls meron din fast food. They have all sorts of cuisines like Indian, Mediterranean, Asian, etc.

vanity fair

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2018, 09:00:22 am »
Berlin & Cologne.

i_miss_sleep

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2018, 10:58:17 am »
Haven't been to Cologne pero sa Berlin, we ate at Restaurant China-City, Leipziger Str. 46, 10117 Berlin, Germany malapit sa Tiergarten and Checkpoint Charlie. From your location, check mo lang nearest Chinese takeout sa Google map, marami tiyak na lalabas.

kachich

• gets twitterpated with cute subtle flirts!
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • i ♥ silly jokes that give good laughs!
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2018, 12:29:26 am »
@simply_anne bought lycamobile in Munich (because I read it here from you), working siya around Germany (went to Schwangau). However, currently here in Salzburg, Austria and the data plan is not working -- I think it's because lycamobile doesnt have 4G signal over here, hanggang 3G lang. Will be in Italy after two days, so hopefully it'll work there.
"The secret of success is the consistency to pursue." -Harry F. Banks

I ♥ watching tv series, travelling and lurking in forums. I might not be able to contribute with the discussion, but at least I get to learn something from it.

letters_to_cleo

• Senior GirlTalker
  • happy, happy. my goal is to be happy!
    • Geek Wearing Makeup
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2018, 03:32:19 pm »
Cologne meron namang Chinese, pero what I love in Cologne is the currywurst and bockwurst!   In particular, there is this small wurst counter at the Cologne Train Station called Mr. Bock, favorite namin ng husband ko. They offer different wursts (I like Krakauer and Bockwurst the most) and of course the currywurst, and it?s opened almost 24 hours a day. Super cheap pa.   Also in the train station, merong chinese/asian stirfry place (this one has tables to sit down), okay na rin, cheap lang din mga 6 - 8 Euros per big serving of rice and your choice of viands.

Cologne is right next to Dusseldorf (just a short train ride away, or you can take the waterboat), Dusseldorf has the best ramen I have tried in Europe. Not surprising coz madaming Japanese doon and they have this block of groceries and restaurants called Japantown  where you can have your fix of Japanese and Asian goodies.  Dusseldorf train station also has a Mr. Bock  store for your bockwurts cravings.

simply_anne

• aishite imasu...
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • suteki yo!!!
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2018, 08:07:51 am »
@kachich
How much sis? There's a possibility that we may go to Austria. I am wondering if that sim will work in Prague. Hmmmm now I'm thinking of buying a 4G sim.

vanity fair

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2018, 11:00:59 am »
Re: Sim cards in Germany.  I just read an article saying that Lyca cannot be used for roaming in EU.  Only O2 & Vodafone and pwede.  May nakita aka sa website ng Vodafone Grermany, 1.5 GB na data, 10 Euros lang.   

letters_to_cleo

• Senior GirlTalker
  • happy, happy. my goal is to be happy!
    • Geek Wearing Makeup
« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2018, 02:40:50 am »
Try Lebara they have an All-in EU prepaid plan din: https://mobile.lebara.com/nl/en/unlimited/c/prepaid-internationaal-bellen-unlimited  I am based in the Netherlands and this was my prepaid for a year before I switched to postpaid.  The reason I liked Lebara is I just could load up online or have an auto-load.

i_miss_sleep

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2018, 08:06:48 am »
We used this: https://www.ortelmobile.de/en.html. It worked in Prague and Salzurg. Sa Switzerland lang talaga hindi gumagana. I think it has something to do with EU regulations on roaming which Switzerland is not part of. Mas mataas daw kase ang rate ng Switzerland.

vanity fair

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2018, 02:04:54 pm »
I just came back from Germany this week.  I got a Vodafone sim card.  Whoever is travelling to Germany soon can have this.  I'm giving it for free since I'm not going back to Euope any time soon.  For pick up only in Makati.

kachich

• gets twitterpated with cute subtle flirts!
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • i ♥ silly jokes that give good laughs!
« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2018, 12:52:32 pm »
Hello @simply_anne
Sorry super late reply -- It didnt work in Austria,  I was too preoccupied in Italy to bother checking if it will work, it worked in Spain, but not in Portugal.
Don't get Lyca Mobile if you're travelling all over EU.
"The secret of success is the consistency to pursue." -Harry F. Banks

I ♥ watching tv series, travelling and lurking in forums. I might not be able to contribute with the discussion, but at least I get to learn something from it.

ayi21

• Be yourself, but always your better self.
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Be yourself, but always your better self.
    • For all your IT needs!
« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2018, 09:31:56 pm »
Hello. Anyone here working in Germany? Berlin in particular? I was just wondering is 60,000 gross per year already a decent salary for a family of 4?
"Life always offers you a second chance. It's called Tomorrow. " | http://itworxmanila.com/

Holcombe01

• Probationary
« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2020, 01:27:15 pm »
Female notes have a website for the featuring stories of entertainment and fitness. They have a detail about faking your Germany and system for the story. I prefer to check Berlin Freelance Visa and get new techniques to manage your travel. You can make it there. You need to apply for the implementation consultant of Stations. Join it for more details.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close