Author Topic: Catholic ako pero nag-aattend ako ng worship sa CCF. Is this okay?  (Read 29053 times)

swim_fatale

• I'm back to being a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Girls who behave don't make history.
Re: Catholic ako pero nag-aattend ako ng worship sa CCF. Is this okay?
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2015, 03:19:24 pm »
Well, there's a big difference kasi.  Worship services of CCF and other born-again groups are considered the highest forms of communitarian worship in their respective sects.

The worhsip services of Catholic Charismatic groups, on the other hand, might look and feel the same as born-again worship, but they are merely supplemental to the mass.  As someone has already pointed out, mass is the highest form of Christian worship for the past 2000 years.  There's nothing wrong for a Catholic to attend catholic charismatic services, because it does not supplant the mass.

But if a catholic attends a born-again worship service, then it's an entirely different thing because a born-again worship service is specifically an attempt to create a supposedly more "correct" way of worshipping.  They are not supplemental at all.  They attack Catholicism at a fundamental level.

Of course, official CCF propaganda is that "religion does not matter, only faith in Jesus Christ does".  Well, if that's the case, then why the need to create another religion to make that exact point, eh?

(And please, let's not kid ourselves.  CCF is a religion, and a mere 20th century creation at that.)

Of all the replies to in this post, this is the ONLY one that makes sense. I was born Catholic and despite many, MANY invitations to attend all sorts of "churches," I never stopped attending mass and enjoying my Catholic faith. It's true that it's your "relationship with God" that matters, but how about trying to strengthen that relationship in your own religion/church before "shopping" for a church that's not "boring?" I know I sound old-fashioned and preachy here, but going to another church because there's singing and clapping and feel-good vibes doesn't make your relationship with God any better. NO CHURCH OR GROUP can do that for you. ONLY YOU CAN DO THAT FOR YOURSELF. If you enjoy singing, dancing and clapping, go to a club or go to parties. Worship is supposed to have an element of solemnity. And solemnity is NOT the same as BORING. Read about your Catholic faith and learn to appreciate it before looking for an easy, "fun" way out.

PS: Attending mass and attending "worship" or "service" is NOT the same. And yes, according to many different spiritual people and church leaders, one DOES need to be religious and spiritual at the same time. You can't say "I'm spiritual, but I'm not religious. What matters is my relationship with God." YOU NEED RELIGION to be SPIRITUAL.
Inhale...Exhale...

Girltalker2

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2015, 04:19:39 pm »
It's true that it's your "relationship with God" that matters, but how about trying to strengthen that relationship in your own religion/church before "shopping" for a church that's not "boring?" I know I sound old-fashioned and preachy here, but going to another church because there's singing and clapping and feel-good vibes doesn't make your relationship with God any better. NO CHURCH OR GROUP can do that for you. ONLY YOU CAN DO THAT FOR YOURSELF. If you enjoy singing, dancing and clapping, go to a club or go to parties. Worship is supposed to have an element of solemnity. And solemnity is NOT the same as BORING. Read about your Catholic faith and learn to appreciate it before looking for an easy, "fun" way out.

I agree. Kaso as I've said before, since sobrang dami ng Catholics sa pinas, people have a tendency to just take the Catholic religion for granted. Especially Yung teachings and also going to church.

And you know how Filipinos in general are. We are a race na more into song and dance kesa intellectual discussions kaya baka mas effective ang ibang forms of worship. Sakin naman if this is the case, then the person should not consider himself/herself as a Catholic kung di nya nakita ang importance ng Sunday mass and other days of obligation.

PS: Attending mass and attending "worship" or "service" is NOT the same.

I agree.  Minsan may bible sessions or special novenas or rosary hour, but they still cannot replace the weekly Sunday mass.

sweet.hann

• GirlTalker
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2015, 07:26:02 pm »
ok lang naman.. religion doesn't matter naman e.. its the relationship.. It is your relationship with Jesus Christ that matters. :)

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close