Author Topic: What shampoo do you use for your dog? What is your dog's bath schedule?  (Read 8800 times)

lonely_dad

• Guy po ako
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • hay tigang :(
Treat your dog with the same care as you would treat a purebred pet. They have the same sensitive skin under the fur. Our regular soaps can be too harsh. Baby shampoo is a better choice.

ive been using it for more than 3 years na
no problem whatsoever

mommyxthree

• Junior GirlTalker
It's so much easier to dry our shih tzu's hair now kasi naka summer cut siya.  We still use the shampoo with conditioner that we got from S&R.  Yung St. Roche na nabili namin parang hindi siya ganon kabango. 

For owners with dogs that have long hair, how do you dry your dog's hair?

minabey

• Junior GirlTalker
I've been keeping my dog on a puppy cut now but before I was trying to grow him out, I was reliant on the blower and lots of towels. With a longer hair kasi, as with humans, you can't rub the hair vigorously kasi it will cause the hairs to break and tangle so mejo piga-piga muna after ng banlaw, then gawing doggie burrito using towels to absorb most of the water. then I use a hair dryer on lowest heat setting and far enough to not cause too much heat on him. My hands are always on the path of the air so I know when it gets too hot.

Use a pinbrush, sis, it's a real game changer. Find the ones that don't have balls at the end. Like this one: https://s14.postimg.org/bww4oa7wx/2017-05-25_125719.png

it gets to the roots of the hair to lift but it doesn't hurt when you get tangles because the pins just bend.

Another option to the hair dryer is if your vacuum has a feature for it, it does dry fast but the noise level is too much for me, mas lalo na sa dog siguro and it's inconvenient holding the nozzle, the dog, and switching the thing on an off.

Sorry for the long answer but I hope it helps. :)

mommyxthree

• Junior GirlTalker
^yes sis! this definitely helps :)
I also put my hands in the path of the blow dryer . Now, I know to make him into a doggie burrito.

I always thought that the pin brush was painful! Hindi pala. I'll get him another one. The one we have now has balls at the end .

Fidelis8

• GirlTalker
axxit shampoo :)
nun summer every 2 days pinapaliguan at baka ma heat stroke. but on the normal months or kahit rainy season. 1x a week ang bath schedule nya.

hypergalactix13

• GirlTalker
I use St. Roche Organic Shampoo. Once a week ko sya pinapaliguan.

jiffy

• Junior GirlTalker
I alternate between Furmagic and St Roche, when he was still young, once a week lang. but now summer I give him a bath twice a week.

lovely_chic

• Super GirlTalker
we bathe him once every 5-7days. we love using pampered pooch for him.

greenpease05

• Let's All Be Beautiful!!!!
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Be nice!!!!
    • http://greenpease05.blogspot.com
Re: What shampoo do you use for your dog? What is your dog's bath schedule?
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2017, 11:34:19 am »
We have 3 yorkies and one ordinary dog. We bathe them every week with regular dog shampoos but during summer months we use Head & Shoulders shampoo for their coats.

This gives them relief from the scorching heat then blow dry in cool setting.

Any one whose dog encountered ear mites? what meds did you use?  I have one yorkie suffering from this. Been using  ointments and drops given by vet pero parang di naman tumatalab. =(

Prevention Is Better Than Cure!!!

www.beautycornerph.com
www.amberlightslaguna.com

lovely_chic

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2017, 01:49:06 pm »
Once every 5-7 days. Pampered Pooch at saka Furmagic.

minabey

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2017, 12:18:49 pm »
Any one whose dog encountered ear mites? what meds did you use?  I have one yorkie suffering from this. Been using  ointments and drops given by vet pero parang di naman tumatalab. =(

My dog was prescribed an ear cleansing fluid (we use Nutri-vet) to clean the ears before using an otic drop na steroid. i forgot the name na because it was 3yrs ago pa. Panget nga non kasi nag stain ng yellow. Anyway, we treated for two weeks twice a day. Pero after one week, I noticed nagiging reddish na yung loob ng ear na feeling ko over na sa linis so ginawa ko na lang once a day. Effective pa den naman tapos di na bumalik yung ear mites.

Try mo muna, sis, I cleanse yung ear para mas kumapit yung drops/ointment. Not sure gano kabalbon ang ears ng yorkie pero ang shih tzu mabuhok kaya make sure na laging dry yung loob ng ears. Ginagawa ko non ay tinatali ko yung long hair sa flap ng tenga para naka open yung tenga nya para mahanginan.

greenpease05

• Let's All Be Beautiful!!!!
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Be nice!!!!
    • http://greenpease05.blogspot.com
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2017, 05:56:36 pm »
Thanks sis @Minabey. will try this method.

Yeah hairy din kasi ang ears ng  yorke ko na to. kaya medyo hirapa magpatuyo ng tenga nila.

thanks again sis.
Prevention Is Better Than Cure!!!

www.beautycornerph.com
www.amberlightslaguna.com

teejiko

• JC's happy wife
  • Junior GirlTalker
    • Visit
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2017, 12:11:29 pm »
Before ang gamit ko Saint Roche sa baby dog kaso napansin ko nag-dry yung hair niya. Ngayon yung Pepe Karno na gamit ko. Once a week ang schedule niya. Sa baby cats ko naman Saint Roche ang okay sa kanila and once a month sila naliligo.
we fell in love by chance; we stay in love by choice -- JR

superneneng

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2017, 10:39:53 am »
i only use perla yung white malambot sa buhok nila...
pinapaliguan ko sila once a week  ;D

domestic diva

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2018, 11:55:52 am »
Has anyone tried Sergeant's Skip-Flea and Tick Shampoo for Dogs?
Hail to St. Joseph of the Holy Cloak!

rastagurl11

• Super GirlTalker
  • Revenge is a dish best served cold.
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2018, 01:38:23 pm »
My poodle uses either Johnson's baby shampoo or Tender Care Baby shampoo, works nicely since his fur is like human hair. Grooming every 4-6 weeks, we also give him a bath weekly pag summer and fortnightly pag malamig. 
Kiss the cold wind and pass the smile back to me.

rastagurl11

• Super GirlTalker
  • Revenge is a dish best served cold.
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2018, 01:45:18 pm »

When my pooch that had floppy ears like a beagle's had ear mites, I was told by the vet to buy Virbac's Epi Otic, lately walang stock so I use Nutri Vet's ear cleaner. Both are ok. Mas mabango si Nutrivet but both do the work. I also use the same cleaner for the cats too and my poodle that has hairy ears  ;)

I always check their ears and clean them weekly or kahit 2 weeks pag hindi madumi.
Kiss the cold wind and pass the smile back to me.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close