Author Topic: HELP Wanted : How can i transfer to UP Diliman?  (Read 20474 times)

Kayumanggi_Ako

• Probationary
HELP Wanted : How can i transfer to UP Diliman?
« on: March 07, 2012, 09:50:55 am »
My daughter passed the UPCAT last February but i didnt know that she choose UP Cebu campus over UP Diliman. One of the reason why she went for Cebu campus is that the province like environment in Cebu and she was scared of the "incidents" which haunted UP Diliman and UP Los Banos these past months.

My friends and relatives have been telling her that these are just isolated cases and that it is still safe to study in UP Diliman. Finally, we were able to convinced her but my problem now is this :

1. Is it possible for her to enroll in UP Diliman even if her notification is in UP Cebu? She has not yet faxed her confirmation letter in fear that if we do this, this will confirm her enrolling in UP Cebu.

2. What are the things that i need to do? Whom i need to talk to?

3. Not that I dont like UP Cebu Campus, its just that we've been living apart from each other since her Primary and Secondary years because i work here in Manila while she is with my Mom in the province. I just want us to be together this time.

Need help about this.

Thanks

Kayumanggi_Ako

• Probationary
Re: HELP Wanted : How can i transfer to UP Diliman?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 01:47:33 pm »
thank you for the information, dashee. :) God bless you.

Kayumanggi_Ako

• Probationary
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 04:29:37 pm »
went to UP Diliman, they say that UPCAT Grade is released after a year. And they are not allowed to release it specially to UPCAT Qualifiers. Also, there is no negotiation for transfer e from other UP Campus to Diliman right after UPCAT. Though they say that transfering from UP Diliman to other UP campuses is easy. I gues this is what happened with your classmate before. :)

chihirosen

• GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 12:48:22 am »
Ano yung course na kukunin nya sis? It's easier to transfer from one UP campus to another pero it still depends on the course. Kung quota course kasi mas mahirap, dapat mataas talaga ang grades. Mas mahirap lalo kung galing ka sa ibang school kasi maghahanap ka ng department na tatanggap sa yo. Limited kasi ang number of students na inaadmit per year especially sa mga courses like chem eng, comp sci, etc. Mas maganda talaga kung mag enroll na sya sa Cebu then transfer later. Take note, mas madali mag transfer to Diliman to another campus kesa from Diliman from another campus so galingan nya sa Cebu.

millealtera

• GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 03:20:19 pm »
It would be better for her to enroll first in UP Cebu then transfer a year later to Diliman. Transfer within the UP System is easier, given that her GWA is above average, of course. Her GE subjects would be credited. Some GE subjects taken in other universities are not credited. Some departments even require examinations before those subjects are credited. There are also more slots reserved for transferees from other UP units.
A little learning is a dangerous thing. - A. Pope

ishi_08

• GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 07:46:21 pm »
i studied in UPLB, way way back hehe, siguro,

1.try nyo magpunta sa registrar sa UP diliman, if merong available slots, grab nyo na, Siguro mas swerte if yung course na available is yung gusto nya. If wala naman ng available slots, pwede kayong magpahanap kung ano yung available (if gusto nyo talaga syang pumasok sa diliman)

2. Dati kasi may mga waitlisted ( yun ata yung mga hindi nakapasa sa UPcat sa piniling course pero mataas ang GWA nila) yun yung mga nag aabang sa nagiging available na slots, (meron kasing pasado pero hindi tumutuloy sa UP , so ang gawin nyo po is mag antay , tyagaan lang.. =)

3. If wala ng choice, pwede naman syang mag UP cebu gaya ng sabi nila, then pataasin nya ang grades para makalipat sa diliman, my bestfriend took Bs agrieconommics in LB then shifted to Bs mathematics in Diliman =)

4. Or pwede naman ding mag aral sa ibang schools then magtransfer sa diliman basta mataas ang grades , yun nga lang back to sqaure 1 .. =)

yan lang po yung alam ko, paki correct na lang po if may mali =)

millealtera

• GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 06:46:06 am »
^ I agree din with #1. Pwede nga palang maghanap ng available slots. Tyagaan nga din lang sa paghihintay at mahabang pasensya.
A little learning is a dangerous thing. - A. Pope

MrGuytalker

• GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 11:15:01 am »
Just keep tab on the deadline to send in your confirmation for UP Cebu. Baka sa kakahanap ng slots sa UP Diliman makalimutan nyo na [textspeak!] UP Cebu.

Good luck!
Twitter @MrGuytalker

Vera

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 08:20:24 pm »
Graduated from UPD. If you cannot find slots at UPD, it's best if your daughter spends her first sem or first year at UP Cebu, then get good grades. I have friends who transferred from UPV to UPD quota courses but their GWA for first year were between 1.1 and 1.4 -- these are good GWAs especially if the course she's transferring to is very competitive. Good luck!

SPARKS!

• Probationary
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 03:07:02 pm »
Good day! I just want to ask if there is still a possibility that I can transfer to UP, Diliman because at present I am a first year college student in the course of BS ACCOUNTANCY at the University of Perpetual Help System JONELTA, G.M.A., Cavite. Do I need to take an entrance exam? Will the University of the Philippines, Diliman still accept 1st year transfer students for 2nd year college in the field of BS ACCOUNTANCY?

Hoping for a positive response.
Thank you & God bless!  ;)

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 08:46:27 am »
^ You do not need to take the UPCAT if you have already enrolled as a freshman in another school.  However, to be able to transfer, you must apply to UP Diliman and pass the criteria for admission to the college of your choice (e.g., if gusto mo BS BAA or accountancy pa din, you must inquire sa College of Business Administration) sometime during the second semester.  Your GWA from your first college will be considered.  To transfer, I think you should have a minimum of 2.0 (or its equivalent) GWA, but some colleges may require a higher GWA especially kung quota course like BAA.  The subjects you have taken at Perpetual will not be credited so back to first year ka.

ohcmon

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2012, 10:51:32 am »
If I would want to enroll in UPD for a second degree, do I still have to take UPCAT or I'd be admitted based on my GWA? Ayaw ko pa mag-masteral but I still want to study so balak ko mag-take ng second course.

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2012, 11:13:30 am »
^ Have you taken the UPCAT before?  If hindi ka pa naka-take before, you can take it, I think, for your second undergraduate degree.  If you had taken it before, hindi ko alam how you can apply for that second undergraduate degree kasi as far as I know walang direct application to the college of your choice, unless post-grad degree ang kukunin mo.  Ang alam ko kasi you can only take the UPCAT once.

I have a friend who had a degree in management in another university but did not take the UPCAT previously.  After he graduated, he took the UPCAT, passed it and entered the College of Fine Arts.

ohcmon

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2012, 03:41:51 pm »
^ No I haven't taken the UPCAT. Tapos na the deadline for filing for this year's test so I guess next year pa ako makapag-take and another year before I get to enroll. Hmm..

Thanks marose for the input!

--
Another question, I graduated from a rather well-known state U with a degree in Communication, if ever my second will be in the same field, will some of my subjects be credited kaya?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 03:46:08 pm by ohcmon »

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2012, 03:56:55 pm »
^ As far as I know, UP does not credit subjects taken from other schools. 

agape

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2012, 10:37:28 am »
It is better to enroll in any UP CAMPUS than in a non-UP school, easy transfer and crediting of subjects.
It is better to enroll in any UP course, just take general subjects, I know it's also possible to already take specific subjects included in your target course if there are slots available, easier to shift and less delay.
There are some Kasi, especially among Engg students, parang floating status ka, no course, no college, but you can still enroll in subjects.
Integrity, Ethics, Etiquette...

elviesrica13

• Probationary
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2015, 08:49:07 pm »
may I ask lang po dba po hindi pwede mag take ng upcat ang nakkuha na ng subject a college ano po ginawa ng frend nyo pra makapag upcat? tanx po God Bless

elviesrica13

• Probationary
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2015, 07:44:42 pm »
to marose17 diba po hindi pwede mag take ng upcat kapag nakapg take ka na ng college? ano po ginawa ng  friend nyo na pumasok sa fine arts? tanx

sarsingkit

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2015, 01:28:00 am »
a student needs at least 30 units in order to transfer from one UP Campus to another so dapat one full year before magtransfer.

I think you can try inquiring if your daughter can enroll to Diliman or Manila, if her grades meet the cutoff, but be aware that more students wish to enroll here than other campuses. So mas strict ang labanan, plus priority yung mga nakaqualify sa Diliman/Manila pero wala pang college.

gemini78

• GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2015, 06:09:32 pm »
Hi! Just wanted to ask. We wanted my sis-in-law to transfer to UPD. She's currently taking up nursing in ust. Di nya talaga gusto ang nursing pinipilit nya lang mas gusto nya mascom or journalism or related to english studies. We were telling her na transfer ng school na lang sya kung gusto nya mag shift ng course. Mas mura pa yata sa UP ang tuition fee kaya it's better sana kung makalipat din sya, kami kasi nag-papaaral sa kanya kaya i wanted to push her na mag UP. How do we go about it? Saan kami first na pupunta? Ano mga kailangan gawin? Iba na kasi ang start of classes ng ust. Ako na kasi yata mag aasikaso sa kanya. Thanks in advance.

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2015, 04:46:41 pm »
^ It seems that you have missed the deadline.

See here:  http://our.upd.edu.ph/admissions.html  - go to Transfer 2 (How to apply for transfer if coming from another school/university)

UP Diliman accepts transfer   students from other schools every first semester only.
* Deadline for filing application for local transferees is on the last working day of April.
* Deadling for filing application for foreign applicants is on February 15.
Steps:
1. Fill out a transfer application form and pay application fee of P100 for Filipino, P150 for resident foreigner, and US $30 for non-resident foreigner, at the OUR Cashier or UP Cashier's Office near PNB.
2. Submit accomplished application form, application fee receipt, two (2) recent photos size 2"x 2", NSO Birth Certificate, and a true copy of grades (original & 3 Xerox copies) for evaluation signed by the Registrar of your school/university.
3. Foreign applicants whose medium of instruction in their previous school is NOT English should take and pass TOEFL with a score of 500 if paper-based, 173 if computer-based, or 61 if Internet-based test.
4. Follow-up of computation of GWA is around the first week of May (for local transferees) and the end of February (for foreign applicants).
5. Follow-up of results from colleges is on the 3rd week of May (for local applicants) and the end of March (for foreign applicants).
6. If accepted, get an Honorable Dismissal/Transfer Credential from your previous school (for local transferees).
7. For accepted foreign applicants, ARS-OUR will issue an Acceptance Letter needed to get a student visa for the issuance of a Study Permit from ISP.
8. Submit the following documents to ARS-OUR to get a University Admission Slip:
Honorable Dismissal/Transfer Credential
NSO Birth Certificate (original & photocopy)
Two (2) passport size photos
Student Directory ( 2 copies)
OTR from previous school (If not yet available, get a request slip for your OTR from ARS, to be given to your former school.)
9. Proceed to the UP Health Service for medical exam.
10. Submit your medical result & University Admission Slip to your college for registration.

gemini78

• GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2015, 08:11:51 am »
Oh 😯 thanks marose17 late na nga sya. 😦

goose.egg

• Probationary
  • Res tantum valet quantum vendi potest
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2018, 02:45:54 pm »
This warning has appeared at the top of this Post Reply page:
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 60 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Unfortunately, I am still unable to post a new topic, and I have not been able to find out what is required of me so that I can start a new topic.

The topic I want to talk about is where to go for a free SAT practice test in Manila. My inaanak is a rising junior in high school in Manila, so I suggested she first find out what her starting point is with regard to the Scholastic Aptitude Test, and then we can talk about her plans and dreams about studying in the US for college.

I have searched for SAT, SAT Test Prep, SAT prep, and college applications and I have not found anything relevant.

I want to post my SAT test prep question in the Education forum, but I do not have the permission to post a new topic. I hope the moderators will either grant me permission to start new topics, or will help me by moving this into it's own topic about SAT Test Prep in the Philippines in 2018.

I notice The Princeton Review is in the Philippines, and there is something today called the Manhattan Review. Can anyone recommend these or anywhere else? I used to teach at a Princeton Review in Taiwan so I am curious about what is available.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close