Author Topic: Lingual Frenectomy (Tongue-Tied Operation)  (Read 10372 times)

slovy

• Junior GirlTalker
Lingual Frenectomy (Tongue-Tied Operation)
« on: June 03, 2012, 01:30:06 am »
My 2 yr old boy was diagnosed of mild Ankyloglossia, commonly called as tongue tied or crooked or looped tongue. He was diagnose after namin manghingi ng referral for a speech therapist/dev ped na kakilala ng pedia ng son ko kasi actually gusto na namin sya ipatingin dahil up to now wala pa sya masyado nasasabi na words maliban sa mama, papa, daddy, baby, ba-bye, hi, hello, no no. Karamihan ng mga sinasabi nya hindi na namin maintindihan. He can say or count numbers from 1-10 kaya lang kulang ng letters like Wa for 1, Wo for 2, Ri for 3, Or for 4, Pai for 5, ik for 6, Ey for 8, (numbers 7 & 9 hindi talaga nya masabi) and Te for 10. Ina-assess din sya ng pedia for 30 minutes lang yata. at chineck yung tongue nya, at yun nag conclude sya tongue-tied nga daw at nakakaaffect nga daw sa speech yun at kailangan daw ng minor surgery para marelease yun. Kaya lang hindi sya ang gagawa ng surgery. She recommend her reliever pedia kasi marami na raw yun nagagawang ganun. Tinawagan namin yesterday afternoon kasi we want it done asap sana para malaman namin kung yun ba talaga cause ng speech delay ng son ko and para malaman namin ang estimate costs, sabi nya around 30k - 35k daw. Parang namahalan lang si hubby for a 10 minute operation. Sa mga mommies na nakakaexperience, ganun ba talaga ang price nun? Or kung meron kayong kakilala, baka pwede namang marecommend nyo sa amin. tia!  :)
The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive!

hunny_ally

• Super GirlTalker
Re: Lingual Frenectomy (Tongue-Tied Operation)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 07:34:53 am »
Sa OR ba gagawin yung procedure? If oo, mas mahal talaga. Plus from what I remember what my kids' EENT said the bigger the kid, the tougher the skin gets under the tongue. And that makes the procedure more complicated.

My son had this. It was discovered when he was 3mos old during his hospitalization for pneumonia. The ENT suggested to do the freneloctomy then (at least daw we were already in the hospital and my son was on antibiotics already...para bang hitting 2 birds with one stone). But my pedia was against it since we are putting the baby on additional unnecessary stress. Sabi niya nga Hindi naman life threatening so the freneloctomy can wait. But if we decide to push through, she suggested to do it in the OR (the ENT initially suggested to do it inside the room).

Anyway, upon more consultation with our pedia parang lumalabas wala siya masyadong experience with the ENT, that's why she also insisted in doing it in the OR. In case daw magka problema, the OR is more equipped. Hindi siya talaga ang usual ENT of my kids. Siya yung healthcard accredited so he was the one who ended up looking after my son during his hospitalization. Since our healthcard won't cover the freneloctomy, we just decided to delay it and do it with the kids' regular EENT.

We finally did the procedure when he was 6mos. Sa doctor's clinic Lang. The EENT placed a clamp under the tongue to stop the blood flow. Then using scissors, he cut off some of the skin to release the tongue. Then my baby was made to nurse to stop the bleeding. After 10mins or so, he check again the area. we were then sent home with a prescription for antibiotics and some paracetamol. We stayed there in the doctor's clinic for 2hrs (more than half of that was waiting for our turn). The procedure itself didn't last for more than 10mins. I think we paid around Php 7-8k if I remember correctly.

My baby was a bit cranky when we got home. Siguro medyo numb yung tongue. But he was in high spirits already by the evening.

chefron

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 08:31:27 am »
i was tongue tighted before, i was only operated when i was 8 or 9 years old.
hindi naman po ako bulol nung bata ako. i speak eloquently naman po before the operation.

eent doctor po ang gumawa nung sakin, sa chinese general hospital si dr. cukingnan. he is very good.
until now he is the eent doctor of my kids
EPHESIANS 2: 9

SALVATION IS NOT A REWARD FOR THE GOOD THINGS WE HAVE DONE, SO NONE OF US CAN BOAST ABOUT IT

slovy

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 02:18:47 pm »
sis ally, sa clinic lang gagawin yung procedure. so sa son mo less than 10k lang pala, mahal nga yung quote nya sa amin. Tas hindi sya ENT doc, regular pedia sya pero as per my son's pedia sanay na sanay na daw yun sa pagrelease ng tongue tie. hanap na lang ako ENT talaga. thanks sa info sis.

sis chefron, cgh din mga drs namin e, do you have any idea how much kaya kay dr. cukingnan ang ganun? or baka pwedeng makuha na lang contact numbers nya kung meron ka? tia!  :)

hunny_ally

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 04:18:17 pm »
^i dont know if may bearing ang age. my son then was 6mos only so the skin under the tongue is not that "tough" as compared with your kid who is older. like what i mentioned in my earlier post, the older the kid, the tougher the skin gets under the tongue.

But try contacting dr. opulencia. he has over 30yrs of experience so kampante din kami. Even my parents have been their patients since my brothers and i were kids.

slovy

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 04:23:09 pm »
^ok sis, I'll call him na lang tomorrow. Thanks po ulit!  :)

lilsweetangel

• brave and fragile
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Anything is possible...
    • photo galore
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 03:39:08 pm »
Hi sisters, UP lang thread. My 4 month old son has tongue tie. May I know how much is the cost for surgery nowadays?
We have a God who delights in impossibilities.

-- Andrew Murray

freckledbelle

• GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 07:58:38 am »
My daughter tongue tied daw sabi ng pedia pagkalabas. She said we need to observe kung kaya niya ilabas yung dila niya. A month after birth we noticed hindi pa rin niya malabas yung dila niya so we had the tongue tie released sa clinic ng pedia. We paid php3500 including na the doctor's fee. The pedia just asked me to breastfeed her after, she didn't prescribe any antibiotic. Days after pwede na niya malabas yung tongue niya. My daughter now is 2 years old. I noticed lang that she can't pronounce s properly. Hindi perfect yung pronounciation. I do not know if it's normal. Or paranoid lang ako? I want to go back to the pedia (Dra. Chen -St. Luke's GC) pero we are now here in AU kasi. I am somewhat afraid to tell the situation naman to our GP pero I am thinking of really doing it in our next visit.

Mishka15

• Probationary
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 11:34:03 am »
sis any idea for this lip and tongue tie surgery cost sa cgh

gulaysk

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2017, 06:52:51 pm »
Learned about tongue tie from the Breastfeeding Pinays group and got our 1 month old's released last week. Actually malakas siya magnurse at malaki ang weight gain niya (from 2.9 kls to 4.4 kls in a month) but he was gassy at nagrereflux din. Few symptoms ng tongue tie. Sinilip ko yung sa baby ko and suspected he had it.

We brought him to Gerochi Dental (recommended by BFP) sa Makati to have him checked by Doc Axel and she confirmed na meron nga raw. Mabilis lang ang laser procedure, around 15-20 mins lang then follow up check up for 2 weeks. She reminded us to do the tongue exercises (or to have him nurse frequently).

Ranaalouise

• Probationary
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2017, 01:02:59 am »
My daughter have it also and was discovered when she is a month old. She is turning 3 months. I would like to know the cost? Thank you.

gulaysk

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2017, 05:26:37 pm »
^Did you have your daughter checked up na for suspected tongue tie sis? With Doc Axel, we paid 4k for the tongue tie release.

Ranaalouise

• Probationary
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 02:42:25 pm »
@gulaysk: we had an appointment po sa may 30. Suspected ko po kc lip tied din. Mkkhingi po kaya ako discount? May nagrefer lang din po kay dra axel both daw po 4k pero nun tumawag po ako 8k po both. Member din po ako ng breastfeeding pinays. Hope someone could help me and refer me as well?

Diannetic

• Probationary
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2017, 04:19:27 am »
Sis following ako kasi lip tied and tongue tied din son ko. Tia!

littlekinselle

• ambidextrous
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2018, 02:53:01 pm »
Learned about tongue tie from the Breastfeeding Pinays group and got our 1 month old's released last week. Actually malakas siya magnurse at malaki ang weight gain niya (from 2.9 kls to 4.4 kls in a month) but he was gassy at nagrereflux din. Few symptoms ng tongue tie. Sinilip ko yung sa baby ko and suspected he had it.

We brought him to Gerochi Dental (recommended by BFP) sa Makati to have him checked by Doc Axel and she confirmed na meron nga raw. Mabilis lang ang laser procedure, around 15-20 mins lang then follow up check up for 2 weeks. She reminded us to do the tongue exercises (or to have him nurse frequently).

how much consultation kay Dr. Axel? susoected ko mejo tongue tie anak ko turning 2 years old.  pag sinasabi ko show me your tongue parang ang ikli compared sa ibang nakikita ko toddler pag dumila mahaba .

Cloud0623

• Probationary
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2020, 11:07:01 am »
Hi mga sis! Sa mga nakatry kay Doc Axel Gerochi for lip and tongue tie surgery, talaga bang may anesthesia? 5 months palang kasi ang baby ko and worried ako na lalagyan siya ng anesthesia 😓

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close