Author Topic: UPCAT review center  (Read 9757 times)

pressany

• GirlTalker
UPCAT review center
« on: April 28, 2011, 05:04:12 pm »
I'm not sure if there's a similar thread here but anyway post ko na rin.  Can anyone recommend a good UPCAT review center, particularly in Quezon city?  There are a lot of review centers being advertised but I don't know who to trust.  I know every center would claim they're the best.  So please share your experience with these review centers. TIA

ericaorange

Re: UPCAT review center
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 09:19:13 pm »
My sister and I both had our review in Ahead Tutorial and Review Center  :) Madaming branches to.
Merong UPCAT lang but we both took the package review which covers UPCAT, ACET, and DLSUCET.
Ang maganda sa Ahead is tailor fit sa bawat entrance exam ang review. Iba-iba kasi ang coverage nyan. UPCAT - Language Proficiency, Science, Math, Reading Comprehension. ACET - Language Proficiency, Advanced Math, Word Problems, Reading Comprehension, Logical Reasoning, Abstract Reasoning, General Information, Essay Writing. DLSUCET - Language Proficiency,Reading Comprehension, Science, Reasoning, Statistics and Probability, Math, Essay Writing.

Actually UPCAT pinakamadali dyan, mahirap lang makapasok kasi sobrang dami mong kakumpitensya sa slot. Mahirap sa ACET ang Math, exag pa ang time pressure ng exam . Mahirap sa DLSUCET ang Science.

Ahead has 80% passing rate. It also publishes a passers list. Students are also taught strategies in taking the exam and also strategies sa application. Ahead gives diagnostic exams before the review and then simulated exams after, para makita ang improvement at anung subject ang needs more attention. The best ang shortcuts at techniques na binibigay nila for math. So kung package review 6 na test yun. Pagdating ng actual sobrang sanay sa pressure.

maia.alcyone

• angel by day, devil by night :)
  • my favorite discovery
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 11:06:46 am »
My cousin reviewed here and hindi nya gusto ang experience nya at napareview pa sya uli sa ibang review center. Because of the tailor-made review in Ahead, super mahal ng packages nilang ino-offer. In my opinion, hindi kailangan ihiwa-hiwalay kasi pareho lang naman ang tine-test ng mga entrance exams, yung proficiency ng bata and more importantly, kung pano sila mag-isip. I think it's just a marketing ploy. Tapos sa review sessions nila, the kids have games and sabi ng cousin ko, parang perya, may teacher na nagpapabingo pa! I find it tacky :( Most of the time, they just discussed answers to exercises. Wala raw silang lectures.

Sis, I suggest you inquire about the program and the teaching method in different review centers. I reviewed in LSC (10 years ago pa hahaha) and I was very pleased. Kaya lahat ng brothers ko dun na rin nagreview. Very reasonable yung fee, parang same pa rin sa fee 10 years ago. Lahat kami ng mga kapatid ko pumasa sa UP and Ateneo. My brother and I were able to qualify for scholarships pa in UP and Ateneo. Considering na we were average students in high school, dun kami napabilib ng LSC :)
Lord, grant me chastity... but not yet.
-St. Augustine

pressany

• GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 10:01:05 am »
Thanks sa reply mga sis.  My daughter took the UPCAT last Sunday.  Hope she makes it.

amy farrah fowler

• GirlTalker
  • smart is the new sexy :)
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 09:41:13 pm »
stock knowledge ang UPCAT.  took this more than 10 years ago without seriously reviewing.  parang summary kasi sya ng lahat ng supposedly natutunan ng bata so far. 

Ejaxene

• GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 04:54:49 pm »
I had my review in Ahead back when the reviews still aren't "tailor made" and that was four years ago. We had a big binder containing sample exam questions and we answered them one by one in class with the guidance of the lecturer. Ahead (then, IDK if until now) didn't focus on discussing topic by topic but they taught us how to attack the questions and they taught us what we would probably need to answer the exam questions. During my time, I knew three other people who went with Ahead... and I'm the only one who passed the UPCAT amongst us four. Nobody among us passed ACET (I could have (MAYBE?!) but I totally didn't want to go to Ateneo that time so I didn't answer a large part of the exam. Parents just wanted me to go through it).

UPCAT - 1st year-3rd year HS grades really contributed a lot. Easiest amongst the three top schools (as they say), but USTET is still the easiest among the four. LOL. I passed.

ACET - TIME PRESSURE. Really hard Math questions and so little time. So many passages to read for English yet so little time. Examinee needs to learn the shortcuts (for Math), skimming skills for the reading part badly. I didn't pass since I wanted to go to DLSU back then (I slept while doing the Math part hence not answering a lot of questions HAHA) There was an essay writing section. I didn't pass.

DLSUCET - The exam already had Physics when most of the schools haven't taught their students Physics yet (since that was for 4th year HS students), so review in advance. Science part was the hardest. The Filipino essay writing section killed me since I wasn't well-versed in Filipino. I qualified for a double-degree course.

I say... having been through that. One can opt not to go to a review centre IF he has the discipline to review by himself and learn the skills needed to qualify for exams.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 04:57:32 pm by Ejaxene »

teacherteacher

• GirlTalker
    • MomsterTeacher
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 05:09:09 pm »
May ganitong palang thread dito sa Girltalk.

Well, as you can see on my signature below, I'm with Brain Train Review Center :)  Though we have been in existence for two decades, this summer will just be our third year of operations in Metro Manila.  We are not from the Metro thus we don't have any clout there.  For the past years, we solely relied upon our students' glowing recommendations on the web.

Our regular review fee in the Metro this summer is P7,800 but discounts were given to early enrollees.  We are proud to say that this 2013, we had almost 1,000 UPCAT passers and a number of Ateneo, La Salle, and UP topnotchers.  For two consecutive years (2011 & 2012), we have also been named Academic Clinic's Best UPCAT Review Center.

You can see our website below (my signature).  And if you want to know what our students think of us, here is one (this is not a sponsored post):

http://dwightdeleon.wordpress.com/2012/05/27/maynila-diaries-brain-train-review-center/

You may see more on Tumblr, just key in "Brain Train". :)

RoadrunnerXCX

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 07:57:57 am »
I need some feedback on Diliman Access Review Center as my daughter will be taking her UPCAT review here. Their school gave us application forms for this review center so I guess the school won't endorse something that is not good but still i want some feedback. TIA!
“Allow the universe to unfold as it should" - Desiderata

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close