Author Topic: Slimming Coffee VS Proper Diet + Exercise: which is really effective?  (Read 5995 times)

snooky

• Fashion, food and furry friends
  • GirlTalker
  • Don't be gullible
There are popular threads about slimming coffee and plenty have gotten good results and lost weight without diet or exercise.

There are also those who work hard at the gym and put much effort to maintain a proper diet and lifestyle.

Which of these two methods do you think is the real effective way to lose fat? (no clever answers like BOTH ha)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 08:04:28 am by snooky »

annehall

• GirlTalker
  • The world is not perfect,that's why it's beautiful
Re: Slimming Coffee VS Proper Diet + Exercise: which is really effective?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 07:04:22 pm »
Of course nothing beats proper diet and exercise... kaya lang it's time consuming.

Kaya nag coffee ako ngayon. Before ako start nung coffee regular exercise ako everyday, kaya lang kakatamad na and yun nga minsan busy.

Kaya happy ako may slimming coffees :) hehe
environmental advocacy matters... a lot!

qt_ben17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 07:11:04 pm »
slimming coffee - effective initially. but there are certain individuals who develop tolerance. and it's risky to take on a long term basis, because we really dont know the real substance in it.

diet + exercise -  results take a while, but can be done for lifetime

i guess maganda ang combination, take the slimming coffee as a booster. then maintain with diet and exercise.
eto na naman sila, "mas better" , "pinaka the best"

skye*

• Skye Avenue
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 08:56:17 pm »
Okay let's get into a more realistic case.

Most of us are busy with work/family/friends/business and we don't have time for exercise. Some may be really good in time management and they can do proper diet + exercise.

Like my cousin a few months ago, he was really active in sports and does outdoor activities during the weekends like hiking and Frisbee. He goes to the gym 3x a week and gets to eat proper diet. But time came that he was really busy for work. (Hindi naman napipili kung kelan ka magiging busy for work diba? And yung work is work) So hindi niya magawa yung usual activities niya. He still tries to control his diet but gained weight a lot.

But this depends on the lifetyle naman ng tao talaga. But the thing is some people chooses to take slimming coffee not because they want the easy way but their spare time doesn't allow them to have proper exercise.

Sabi nga saken once ng isang kakilala ko na doctor, huwag ka mag-gym if hindi mo kayang ituloy tuloy kasi once magstart ka dapat tuloy tuloy kung magstop ka tataba ka. :)

For me, the slimming coffee is just a helping aid to those who needs it. Kagaya nga ng explanation ko sa kabilang thread..
Why do we eat plenty? Its because our stomach has expanded and so there are more storage to fill in but while taking the slimming coffee you can practice to discipline yourself to eat less and in due time your stomach will slowly shrink to the proper size. So in time that you wanted to stop taking the coffee, discipline lang yung need mo na every time kakain ka.. kainin mo lang yung kaya mo para hindi magexpand ulit yung stomach mo. :D

We all have different views on this and this can go into hundreds and even thousands of pages but whatever the answers here may be.. it is YOU who will decide for yourself and for your own body. No one can dictate the other what he or she should do to his or her body because we all have our free will.

snooky

• GirlTalker
  • Don't be gullible
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 09:01:06 am »
I've made a list to compare the two. Which do you think really works?

Slimming coffee:

- No Hard work needed
- Lose Weight without exercise
- Lose Weight without Dieting
- No research or scientific studies
- Not regulated by BFAD or FDA
- Claims to have a herbal ingredient (No Proof) that suppresses appetite
- Associated with a wide range of mysterious side-effects
- contraindicated for kids

Diet + Exercise

- Hard work and discipline is needed
- Lose weight with proper diet
- Burn fat with exercise
- Backed up with years of medical research
- Promoted by Doctors
- Great for overall health physically and mentally
- Good for all ages

Please have an open mind and practice critical thinking. Pretend you're not a seller or supplier.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 09:04:56 am by snooky »

rachel09

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 11:18:01 am »
syempre better ang proper diet with exercise
lifetime ang benefit nito
di tulad ng mga slimming coffee na di pa ma say talaga kung ano ang effect in the long run
pero kasi ang hirap ma achieve
tulad ko, exercise lagi tapos diet tapos naaawa ako sa sarili ko di ko makain gusto ko, di naman pumapayat kaya try na lang din ako ng slimming coffee :P
pero kung may epektong maganda itong slimming coffee, after ma attain ko na [textspeak!] goal ko, imemaintain ko naman to ng proper exercise na
God is good, All the time...

jafi19

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 07:51:44 pm »
No doubt- diet and exercise.  But it takes discipline.

(Although umiinom ako ng slimming hehe)

thebratinella

• shopaholic, obsessed mummy, happy wifey and
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 01:37:42 am »
proper diet and exercise talaga pero for people like me who spend ages working out and dieting before seeing results, kelangan magtake ng slimming pills/coffee/supplements. ang hirap magpapayat lalo na if slow ang metabolism.
Happiness is a choice.

linacheng

• GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 10:59:07 pm »
Naman,siyempre proper diet and exercise. Pero aminin na natin hindi naman lahat ng tao eh kaya magpapayat kahit sabihin naman natin na discipline lang ang kailangan saka kung gusto mo talaga magpapapayat.

ellix

• GirlTalker
  • free yourself.
    • earnonlinepinas
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 06:46:10 am »
proper diet.
lahat ng fast routine mag rebound lang.
kasi hindi matutununan yung change ng lifestyle.
kaya lang hindi kumain dahil wala gana dahil nung product at hindi dahil ng self disipline

charmed_chic

• GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 07:21:04 pm »
I go for proper diet because this is what I do. I still go for this. Kahit nga seller din ako ng mga food supplements (note: not slimming ek-ek), our company still promotes proper diet and exercise because we know that nothing beats these.

blackroseMD

• GirlTalker
Diet and Excercise padin!
Matagal pero may results talaga, lalo na pag may tamang diet at program training... Sa ngayon, na attain ko na yung normal weight ko,.. Pero still I'm aiming to lose 10 lbs more, may pustahan kami ng kuya ko, I can't lose!!! hehe! ;D

I've tried a certain brand of slimming coffee, grabe yung headache, di ko kaya 2 sachets lang nainom ko sinunog ko na [textspeak!]!... diba kaya nga [textspeak!] nagpapapayat, to be healthy... Tapos yung coffee na yun, it seems like its killing me... Mahina pa naman ang tolerance ko sa headache... Ibig sabihin its really not safe to take those coffees. At least na try ko yung coffee, walang what if sa back ng mind ko... ;)
whatever.... ;)

honeyjeoffrey

• Proud wife and mommy!
  • GirlTalker
  • brat wifey, glam mommy~
proper diet and exercise. although i took slimming coffee din after giving birth. naka ilang boxes din ako kasabay ng diet and exercise na nagresult sa gastritis. but now, i know discipline is the key kaya na maintain ko na yung payat na dinulot ng slimming coffees na yan. Moral lesson: Exercise, proper diet and healthy lifestyle like less smoking (much better if quit smoking) and drinking will result in a healthy you.
and I could not ask for more...

buddybuilders

• buddybuilders
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 02:04:14 pm »
nothing beats good old exercise and proper diet.

all these slimming coffees, pills, 3 day diets only work temporarily, if at all. All they do is shock your system by increasing metabolism or lowering your calorie intake, which isnt really healthy at all.  Besides, these are things you can't stick to for a long time anyway.

we'd all love to "fast forward" to a sexy body. but not even surgery can promise lasting results without maintenance of a healthy lifestyle.

craziestqueenever

• GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 04:54:33 pm »
Proper Diet and Exercise is much better! Slimming Coffee do have a rebound effect.
"Haters don't really hates you. They hate themselves because you are the reflection of what they wished and hoped to be"

neyvillones

• GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2011, 05:09:29 pm »
this is a no-brainer...PROPER diet and exercise beats all slimming aides in the market and will surely make your internal organs happy.. especially your liver.

annn

• I eat Skittles and do voodoo on every
  • Super GirlTalker
  • buxom kangaroo
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 08:14:17 am »
not eating at night is the best ...if youre really really lazy just exercise at least 3-4 x a week 30mins to 1 hr
i dont really suggest full on cardio. i did that before..it just made me hungry and cranky. i think doing weights is better
proper diet is kind of hard. its so expensive to buy the "right" foods, if not very cumbersome to prepare.
A crazy person is only crazy because he does what no one else will

rae

• Super GirlTalker
  • If it's a matter of preference, let it go.
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2011, 05:24:19 pm »
I think REAL effective way is dedication to healthy diet and exercise. It's the only way to lose and maintain weight.

I know sinasabi nila walang side effect or something. But I don't think drinking slimming coffee is sustainable. Like forever na lang iinom... It will not work and it's bound to make 'bawi' on your body.

Pwede siguro, slimming coffee muna pero after that, diet and exercise. Kung walang time, well, ganun talaga, we should make time. I saw a photo of Donnie Tantoco of Rustan Supercenters and his wife Crickette. They're so lean kahit both are very busy businesspeople.  They find the time to exercise. They inspire me.

Plus nakaka-happy ang exercise e. So kelangan talaga gawan ng paraan. May times na nahihirapan ako, I try na lang to take the stairs instead of elevator, mga ganung practice.
Backread and use the search button.

snooky

• GirlTalker
  • Don't be gullible
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2011, 01:25:24 pm »
^I agree sis, you really need to make time.

Kahit may work ka at pamilya, you need to set aside time to exercise. Love yourself first so you can take care of other things better.

rae

• Super GirlTalker
  • If it's a matter of preference, let it go.
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2011, 04:30:01 pm »
^totoo yan. When we're at our best, we can take care of other people better :)

Sabi nila, myth lang daw ang 'too busy'--it means there's something wrong in how you handle things in your life somewhere.
Backread and use the search button.

twelvth_goddess

• A certified ZOE-holic and a true blue
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 11:17:11 am »
I've tried slimming coffee, slimming pills, etc in the past. And while they really help you lose weight thru suppressing your appetite, they're not healthy.

I've been going to the gym for almost 6 months pero yung first couple of months napapansin ko I wasnt losing weight. Then I was told na hinde maganda yung routine na ginagawa ko so thru a personal trainer (who was my former trainee sa office), I switched to functional exercises. Then still hinde pa din ganon ka-evident yung weight loss, so ang culprit is my diet. OA pa din kase ko kumain. So 2 weeks ago, I switched to calorie counting diet. I dont really stay away from any type of food I want PERO i control the portions and try to check how much calories I'm taking in per meal. It's all about healthy options. It's working so far and I feel really happy kase hinde din ako cranky from depriving myself with food that I want, plus, lumiit na yung portion of food na kinakain ko but I would get full easily pa din. It really takes discipline. I feel better na it may take me some time to lose weight peor I'm doing it in a healthy way naman :)
Whatever I want, I get. If I can't, I don't stop TRYING.

kisses bratt

• I am LOVED & Im InLOVE! A certified
  • GirlTalker
  • Life is not always fair but GOD is always faithful
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2012, 11:16:09 am »
for me mga sissies... tamang kain lang ng mga food.. i mean ok na tikman yung mga food na nakahain pero wag naman "lamon" ang gawin...
unti unti lang naman ang kailangan.. hindi din kasing maganda na biglaan ang pagpapapayat...
along the way mapapansin nyo na lang..konti na lang ang tini take nyo kasi nakapag adjust na yung tyan ng agnung amount ng food...
sabi ko nga po.. effective yung less rice pero sinasabayan mo ng veggies, fruits at mga healthy drinks...
bukod sa maintain mo na desired weight mo.. tone pa ang body mo kasi may exercise ka pang kasama..:)
/ToGodBeTheGlory/·•  simply MeLaiRC  •;-)/Phil. 4:13
~Badminton Addict.Traveller.Coffee Lover.Wedding Coordinator~
http://www.facebook.com/melaircreations
http://melaircreations.blogspot.com

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close