Author Topic: Ann Arbor Montessori  (Read 16686 times)

charlieboo

• GirlTalker
Ann Arbor Montessori
« on: March 01, 2010, 05:44:53 pm »
Does anyone have any insights about this school? This is near our village and want to have it as an option for my 3-year old who's going to start school this June. TIA!

justme

• GirlTalker
Re: Ann Arbor Montessori
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 04:22:27 pm »
Hi btrcup! which ann arbor montessori.. the one in bf or the one in laguna?

charlieboo

• GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 04:38:50 pm »
Hi, justme! The one in BF because it is just located in the next street in our village :)

justme

• GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 10:19:35 am »
oh! i am more familiar with AAM in Laguna than in BF.

xtine

• Certified Jetsetter
  • Super GirlTalker
  • ...my next destination
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 10:23:54 am »
I studied Preparatory and Kindergarten in that school (mga 1988 pa.. hehe).  The time na konti pa lang ang students (pink, green and orange room pa lang) at wala pa new building.  Maganda ang quality ng education dati.  I don't know lang nung dumami na students. :)

charlieboo

• GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 11:24:12 am »
hi, sis xtine! i enrolled my daughter there for Junior Casa na yello room :D so far, enjoy siya and excited pumasok lagi. it is now their 3rd week and they are being taught na to trace their names and the different shapes. sisiw sa anak ko kasi palagi namin siya pinapractice for that LOL!

sweet_leila

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 10:03:43 am »
where exactly is AAM in BF? thanks sa info. how much ang tuition?

xtine

• Certified Jetsetter
  • Super GirlTalker
  • ...my next destination
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 10:25:11 pm »
hi, sis xtine! i enrolled my daughter there for Junior Casa na yello room :D so far, enjoy siya and excited pumasok lagi. it is now their 3rd week and they are being taught na to trace their names and the different shapes. sisiw sa anak ko kasi palagi namin siya pinapractice for that LOL!

That's nice sis! :)  I remember, maganda pa at glossy ang aming Textbooks kaya enjoy ang pag trace ng names namin.

charlieboo

• GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 12:53:13 pm »
sis sweet_leila, 35k ang junior casa nila now, excluding school supplies.

the school is located at 390 El Grande Avenue BF Homes  :)

sweet_leila

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 03:57:41 pm »
thanks sis btrcup.
i also saw shekinah training center it's much nearer our place but much expensive than AAM.

sweet_leila

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 03:59:34 pm »
sis btrcup, is AAM mode of teaching is English? Are the students and teachers are English speakers? thanks.

polka08

• GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 03:45:51 pm »
we tried it last year, my son was in the pre junior class. didnt have a good experience. my son had an accident inside the classroom where in he hit his head on the floor and a seizure due to impact. he was confined for a 2 days at the hospital. school said they will reimburse since they have like an insurance for the kids but we had a hard time  setting up an appointment with the principal so we werent able to reimburse any.

the teacher in my son's class was very much fond of shouting at the students.
my son never did enjoy his stay there. he didnt want to go to class.
they said that he's probably not ready yet for school.
he was there till june to sept only.
my son was very makulit that they couldnt handle him. sometimes they would take him to the other room and isolate him from his classmates. he would be taken to the classroom of the next class with the older students.

We transferred him to Mindbuilder's Preschool along Tropical Ave. So far so good :)
All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

mikelly

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 04:33:05 am »
does anyone can say how much the tuition fee is, especially for toddler ones?
You have the power to make things work.  If you want something, make it happen.

necrorealms

• Lurker-ific ♥ Certified GirlTalk n00b-slash-
  • Probationary
  • so bright, i just gotta wear my shades ♥
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2010, 10:42:37 pm »
I had my pre-school and elementary education in Ann Arbor (1993-2003) because it was one of the nearest schools in our area. They don't really employ the Montessori style of teaching.

I enjoyed pre-school. (Although I used to have a teacher in Senior Casa, palagi nya ako pinapaiyak :P ) But asides from that, I can attest that the quality of education back then was good (not sure now). I still remember those dances, programs, games, toys, planting and cooking activities. Super bait pa ng ibang teachers ko :)

Okay naman pagdating sa grade school. The mode of teaching is mostly in English, pero syempre, students always converse in Filipino. I remember during our English classes that we had to give a peso for every phrase or word we speak in Filipino :P I can't really say if the teaching quality is good since I used to do well in class either way. Hehe. Memories :)
Can we pretend that airplanes In the night sky are like shooting stars? I could really use a wish right now. ♥

pinktomahawk

• Probationary
  • ordinary woman... extraordinary life...
    • My sanctuary
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2011, 11:22:34 pm »

Hi sis, is your daughter in the AM or PM class? My son was also enrolled there last school year as jr casa, am session.
sometimes we can't let go of hurt because it's a constant reminder of one great love story we never expected to come to an end.

http://chateryn.blogspot.com

charlieboo

• GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2011, 03:31:13 pm »
Late na reply ko mga sis! Super sorry  ;D

Sis sweet_leila: English is the main language. For Jr. Casa (Nursery), they don't have a Filipino subject but I sometimes hear the teacher talk to some students in Tagalog. Casa's tuition is not over 40k  :D I'll check the fees when I get home. Sr. Casa for SY 2011-2012 is at 38k.

Sis polka08: Naku, so sad to hear that  :( SY 2010-2011, the teacher was the head of the Casa Department. My daughter had a classmate who is super hyper but it did not reach to a point that he needs to be isolated. Good to know he's doing well in his new school  :D

Hi sis pinktomahawk: PM session so that she will have time in the morning to eat a heavy breakfast  :) Did you enroll your son there again? My daughter loves Teacher Angel and always mention it to her soon-to-be ballet teacher  ;D

xlammer

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 11:30:48 am »
I'm considering sending my 4 year old daughter to Ann Arbor - LP. We live in Better Living and she's currently attending Playschool International, which is just a stone's throw away from our house. We want to transfer her to a bigger school already, especially since the teachers have advised us that our daughter is ready to attend a big school next year. Here are some of our main criteria:

1) Tuition fee
Not more than P100K
2) Accessible to and from Better Living, P'que - if there's a school service and a waiting area for yayas, we might be willing to consider as far as Alabang or Makati
3) Academics - we want to prepare our daughter for entrance into a science high school, but in case she is not inclined, we would also like the school to be good enough in itself to prepare her for entry into UP (first choice, since my hubby and i are both from UP) and other top universities and colleges
4) Preferably non-sectarian - we're Muslims and we're raising our daughter as one also, and would like to avoid an environment where our daughter might feel like an outsider most of the time. it's also okay if we could opt out of religious activities / instruction, if there's one.

xtine

• Certified Jetsetter
  • Super GirlTalker
  • ...my next destination
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 04:39:34 pm »
Hi sis, is your daughter in the AM or PM class? My son was also enrolled there last school year as jr casa, am session.

Hi sis,

Ako mismo ang nagaral sa Ann Arbor montessori.  It was being managed by Sen Cayetano's wife during my time (around 1988).  The quality of education at that time was very high.  We even have cooking classes, art classes and lots of activities.  I hardly remember my preparatory years but I know I loved that school because teachers are all gentle and we are just around 20 students per class.

xlammer

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2012, 01:04:17 am »

Wow! super mura ng tuition at around P40K. Ok naman ba ang quality? Marami bang nakakapasok sa top schools? Or karamihan lumilipat din sa other school pag dating ng high school?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 08:02:13 am by mama squeak! »

purple_girl

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2014, 10:39:07 pm »
buhayin ko lang po tong thread na to? how much na po yung tuition dito for kinder and how's the quality now? tia! :)

anagucci

• tutubwee's bwabeybwee
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2015, 06:24:22 pm »
I inquired earlier. Tuition for Junior Casa is P42,200. I wanted to ask additional questions like inclusions, student-teacher ratio, among other things, but I was told that if I have further inquiries, its best to visit the school. For those parents with kids currently enrolled at Ann Arbor Montessori, can you please give feedback on the quality of education? My husband actually attended Junior Casa at the same school but that was a very long time ago so the quality of education might already be different.

Thanks in advance.
furball_vinz: ...and then I met her... the person who turned my life around... just when i wasn't expecting anything to happen, she comes along and makes life better...

charlieboo

• GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2015, 11:37:55 am »
Hi, sis anagucci.

My daughter started school there (2010 Jr Casa up to Grade 3, this last school year) kasi sa kabilang street lang kami nakatira (UPS 5 side).

She super enjoyed her stay there especially in pre-school.
Student-teacher ratio is around 20-22 students to 1 teacher/1 aide (for pre-school). It's basically the same up until Grade School because of the small community there.

For me, okay ang quality nila dun, especially since maliit ang class, kaya nilang tutukan yung mga students. Mababait din mga teachers and madali i-approach.
Nasakto din kami sa nagshift to K-12 yung school so di siya nakapag-Prep, straight Grade 1 na.

Nilipat na namin this SY2015-2016 to CSA kasi yun naman talaga gusto ng husband ko, dahil alma mater niya.

Yung sa tuition, wala pa dun yung name patch, logo patch, uniform, supplies (take note, kasama sa bibilhin nyo yung gagamitin ng mga kids sa school like whiteboard marker, cartolina, pad papers, red ballpen etc) and field trip. I forgot lang kung books (grade school) ay kasama na.

Lady.Doloroso

• GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2019, 09:43:29 am »
Hi, any feedback on Ann Arbor Montessori Carmona Cavite? We are looking for my daughter's pre-school. And this school is very near to us.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close