Author Topic: Drink, Beer, Wines, Liquor  (Read 1386 times)

msdianne

• Junior GirlTalker
Drink, Beer, Wines, Liquor
« on: April 18, 2016, 09:55:52 am »
Hello everyone,

May I asked your number of drinks (beer, wines and liquors) for example 150 guests, 300 guests. Rough ball I guess. Stressing out on how many we would cater for the guests.

whutup

Re: Drink, Beer, Wines, Liquor
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 11:01:35 am »
The guideline I keep seeing is one drink per person per hour (I believe this already takes into account guests who don't drink,  but I'm not sure). One 750 ml bottle makes 6 glasses of wine and 16 shots of liquor. One bottle/can of beer is, of course, one drink. From there, estimate the number of wine/beer/liquor drinkers in your guest list.

Using the above guidelines and assuming a 3-hour reception with 50 wine drinkers, 25 hard liquor drinkers and 25 beer drinkers, you'd need, 75 bottles of beer, 25 bottles of wine and 5 bottles of hard liquor.

Of course, guidelines are not hard and fast rules. Ideally, if you know your guests well enough (easy for intimate weddings with mostly friends, hard for larger weddings where most guests are your parents' friends and distant relatives), you should be able to make a better estimate of what they like to drink and how much.

yannuh

• Super GirlTalker
  • Trust in His timing.
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 06:39:16 pm »
^depends on you sis. Ako may mobile bar good for 100 pax and we just added 100 beers na lang dun sa beer barrel sa gilid ng mobile bar if may mga gusto ng ganun😀
just know you can :)

Chili1113

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 11:52:53 pm »
It depends on your guests if they are drinkers or not. Also depends of you plan to have an open bar from cocktails all the way to after party.

In our case we want an open bar from cocktails, dinner, and after party. (5:00 pm - 2:00 am roughly) We allotted the ff for 250 guests:

2.5 bottles of wine per table
1 bottle of hard liquor per table
1 bottle of beer per person

or 62 bottles of wine, 25 bottles of hard (mix of vodka, patron XO, single malt), 250 beers, and 1 bottle of champagne for bride and groom toast.

We also asked the venue AE and bar manager of our venue to help us with the estimate. They showed us records of precious weddings. So we based our liquor estimate on the average consuption of weddings that are similar to ours (couple of same age, same no of guests, etc)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 01:09:56 am by Chili1113 »

shopaholic

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 10:55:38 am »
Hi Msdianne, same as Chili1113 more or less. 250 guests, free flowing drinks from cocktails to after party. But we won't be having beer. So I think my fiancées computation is as follows:

100 750ml bottles of wine or 75 1 liter bottle (something like that)
25 bottles of assorted whiskies from Japan
Around 10 bottles of vodka for those who prefer vodka to whisky.

Please take note though that some of our guests are heavy drinkers so we made some allowances for that.

Missus O

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 12:11:38 pm »
Question mga sis, where did you or who are your wine providers?  Our venue prohibits hard liquor kasi.  But we, as a couple, are also not into hard liquor. Although in saying that, we are wine drinkers ( especially me hehe).  Most of our guests are not hard liquor drinkers as well.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 05:45:48 pm by Missus O »
what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Chili1113

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2016, 02:54:03 pm »
MissusO we just bought our wine from s&r
 Their prices are pretty good. I know some wine distributors but the prices are comparable with S&R so we decided to just buy there for convenience and variety. :)

shopaholic

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2016, 03:47:53 pm »
Missus O, buying from Metro Wine Center 😀

Missus O

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2016, 05:47:44 pm »
S&R and Metro Wine Center. Gotcha.. need to look into that when I go home next week.. 😨😨😨😨 my gosh.. its soo near na
what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

meixin

• Senior GirlTalker
  • 01-28-17
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2016, 09:04:47 am »
MissusO family ko sa wine depot normally bumibili, wide variety of wines from different countries. then minsan they let you taste it, pag bagong dating ata yung wine so medyo timing lang :)

rowan

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2016, 09:13:28 am »
You can also buy wines from Santi's. They have good wines priced at P300-400.

ncs

• GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2016, 12:10:53 pm »
Anong wine ang masarap? Kasi I'm not sure if gusto ng guests ang wine so gusto ko sana if yun ang iseserve during toast, yung medyo masarap-sarap naman ang matikman nila para hindi masayang :) Thanks!

whutup

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2016, 01:12:28 pm »
^For toasting, you'll want sparkling wine. If your guests are not really into wine, something like Asti Martini should be good enough. A bottle costs about 400-500 in supermarkets. If your guests have more discriminating tastes, Moet & Chandon is good and costs about 2000-3000. Kung unlimited naman yung budget, Dom Perignon is the best but it's about 7000-1000.

While toasts are traditionally done with sparkling wine, white wine would be a decent enough substitute if you and your guests aren't really into that. Riesling and Chardonnay (these are varieties, not brands) are sweet and are probably easy enough to drink for those who don't really like wine.

ncs

• GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2016, 02:45:52 pm »
whutup: Wow thanks! You know your wine ha hehe. Sige will note everything you said! Thank you!

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close