Author Topic: Tips on how to start a small business  (Read 105160 times)

sassy_chic_loves_purple

Tips on how to start a small business
« on: September 25, 2009, 01:24:14 pm »
Paano nga ba magstart ng small business (sideline/raket)? Having already the idea of what you want to sell..  Share naman your tips and experiences mga sis.

chiqmom

• on work clothes on...
  • Super GirlTalker
  • CONSTANT VIGILANCE
    • The Web Assistant
Re: Tips on how to start a small business
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 01:31:27 pm »
just go for it...

there isnt any generic advice or tips that i can give kasi once you are in it, iba ibang problema ang maeencounter mo.

basta just record every transaction and dont fail to remember that the market exist in a give and take relationship. hindi laging sayo dapat pabor, minsan kelangan mo din pgbigyan customers mo.

love your business, alagaan mo. huwag mong hahayaang malugi, kapag wala masyadong benta, it is up to you to think of promos para maenganyo ibang tao.

good luck!

princessK

• GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 01:55:05 pm »
ako kasi im planning sana na mag-venture doon sa RTW business.. yung may 5K as starting capital then may kukuhaan na factory priced clothes..dito ko din lang nakita sa GT yung details about doon.

kaso mejo hesitant ako kasi iniisip ko kung mabebenta ko ba..and kung mag-click.

may naka try na ba ng rtw business dito?
...i am you, and you are me...

chiqmom

• on work clothes on...
  • Super GirlTalker
  • CONSTANT VIGILANCE
    • The Web Assistant
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 03:33:55 pm »
^hindi ako sa RTW pero ask yourself whether you are willing to go out of your way to convince customers to buy your products. syempre kasi you need to convince yourself first na kaya mo bago ka mkaenganyo ng iba.

ladyhushtilla

• ole dande esta el banyo!!!!!
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 04:01:56 pm »
^^ ive tried rtw previously sis, online siya.. thoug every ber months lang ako nagbebenta malakas naman siya lalo na if you're willing to give discount for bulk orders since malamang panregalo yun.

madalas kasi kapag may promo or discount napapabili ang customers kasi makakamura ka. so make sure that you always come up with something kapag napapansin mo na humihina yung benta just like what sis chiqmom said.

now i want to venture sana sa mobile food cart. anybody na mat ganitong business? ang problem ko kasi in yung tao, kung fixed ang sweldo niya everyday hindi siya gaganahan maglibot and magbenta. kung percentage naman ng profit ang problem ko is everyday kami nagkkwentahan

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 05:26:11 pm »
Research well.
Hindi como maganda ang kita ni Petra sa ganyang racket eh ganon din with Juana. 
LOOK for the Winning Variables and the Winning Line ika nga.
Then, risk it!  All entrepreneurs must risk it.

Good luck.

fidz

• Junior GirlTalker
    • http://facebook.com/fidzbar
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 05:12:59 pm »
i agree with most of our sissies.

first u must have the love for selling or at least an idea for it. the willingness to sell. learn, like and lvoe what you will be selling. specially the willingness to encounter and conquer the risks.

u will really never know how and what it feels if u will be very hesitant to start and fears the risks.

let us help every filipino promote self-generated/produce products or merchandise worldwide.

http://facebook.com/fidzbar

LadyBag

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 04:05:01 am »
ako kasi im planning sana na mag-venture doon sa RTW business.. yung may 5K as starting capital then may kukuhaan na factory priced clothes..dito ko din lang nakita sa GT yung details about doon.

kaso mejo hesitant ako kasi iniisip ko kung mabebenta ko ba..and kung mag-click.

may naka try na ba ng rtw business dito?

I sell RTW direct and online. ok naman siya, basta masipag ka lang dapat at enjoy sa ginagawa. parang sugal talaga pag dating sa business, hindi mo pwedeng isipin na hindi mo kaya sis..

mic_parro

• Skinny, Sexy, Single
  • GirlTalker
  • accessories makes the outfit stunning! ;)
    • www.micsnmatch.multiply.com
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2009, 10:09:14 pm »
1st syempre dapat you should know your products well..
if you personally use it and stuff.. like mine kasi imported overruns ng undies kaya bawat month na may dating na box meron ako lagi per design kaya pagask ng client/ customer if maganda ang items ko i can answer back confidently with YES :).. or kahit anong questions madali mong masasagot.. like kung ano pinakamaganda at comfy isuot for jeans etc yung mga ganun..

2nd reasonable ang price.. it's not always the quality that counts..

3rd know what your client/ customer wants.. from there you'll know what to add sa mga binebenta mo.. and you don't really need to start of with madaming stocks na.. kasi pangit naman if you'll buy naman items na hindi naman maibebenta..

4th if your business expands and you have resellers &customers.. build good relationship with them.. 'coz they are the ones helping you out with your business in the first place..  :D

purpleish

• Super GirlTalker
  • Princess Di
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 11:23:30 am »
^^ well said sis ;)
Instagram: purpleish_diane

mic_parro

• Skinny, Sexy, Single
  • GirlTalker
  • accessories makes the outfit stunning! ;)
    • www.micsnmatch.multiply.com
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 01:41:37 am »
i want to add pa pala..

pang 5th sipag at tiyaga talaga.. pag small business pa lang hindi pa usually kayang iafford ang madaming employees.. siguro isa lang pwede na basta dalawa kayong magtutulungan sa mga gawain.. multitasking kung baga.. and wag iasa sa employee lahat. find time for your business as you find time for pleasure.

purple_passion

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 04:11:59 am »
here's my advice: Go for a business that is also your hobby/interest... :)

For me, since i am interested in fashion, i opened up my online store. i started from scratch when i was still in college (around 2004). I was then selling my own clothes for profit. In 2008,  my parents saw my potential in business and fashion and trends, they lend me 40K as a starting capital for my online business. Before 2009, I already returned the capital they gave me. :) I didn't asked for money na from my parents. I got to buy my own laptop, got to travel to Hong Kong, bought my luho - clothes, shoes and watches all from my own savings :)

Sipag at Tiyaga talaga sa business. :)

Juricks

• Love never fails.... (1 Corinthians 13:1-8a and 13)
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Live, laugh, love. ;)
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2010, 12:01:16 am »
I agree with sis fidz.  :)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 01:42:00 am by Juricks »
Life isn't about waiting
for the storm to pass..
It's about learning to
DANCE in the RAIN...

meloids

• Bratinella.... Certified PASAWAY!! and a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • tee hee!~
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2010, 12:55:27 am »
wow! pwede... =)
\"NoThInG iS iMpOsSiBlE tO a WiLlInG hEaRt.\"

greyish

• miracles continue to happen!
  • GirlTalker
  • stay positive!
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2010, 09:22:26 am »
another things, if meron kayong partner/s, dapat same ang agenda nyo kasi i've seen ang mga ibang relatives and family friends na nag-aaway dyan kasi nga nagsisilipan ng contributions sa negosyo - time and money
thank you for the blessings :)

ambervinch

• a bundle of love
  • "The least of learning is done in the classrooms."
    • The Regalo Shop
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2010, 11:20:26 am »
golden rule: never give up ;D

once you're in and you feel like it isnt working, dont take it seriously and give it all up all the way... you must give a reasonable time for a certain business to be established.

and dapat before starting a business, you must have studied your target market well, and the probability ng success.  when you have convinced yourself that your business plan has potential to succeed, go get it!

Never look back!

Ganun kasi sa business, parang sugal, everything is a risk... so dapat maging wise sa pagpili ng business industry na papasukin, small or big, dapat pinagiisipan mabuti. so as to minimize the chances na malugi or whatnot. 

anyone who isnt ready taking risk isnt ready getting into business. it's that easy principle.  all business minded sisters will surely agree with me.

been there, done that....

kolinetongue

• BORN AGAINST
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Fake!
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2010, 07:36:45 pm »
i agree sa lahat ng mga tips dito.

way back 2007, takot na takot din akong mag start ng business, madaming what IFs, pero ng maumpisahan tuloy tuloy na, normal lang na makaranas ka ng failures, need mo din yan para bumangon ka at ipagpatuloy ang naumpisahan.

"I am imagination. I can see what the eyes cannot see. I can hear what the ears cannot hear. I can feel what the heart cannot feel". – Peter Nivio Zarlenga

twinkletown

• certified outdoor junkie, certified kikay, madaldal at online seller na
  • Super GirlTalker
  • i'm a b*tch, i'm a lover, i'm a child, ...
    • the TWINKLE in TOWN
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2010, 11:15:05 pm »
based on my experience,
rule of thumb on how to start a business ay dapat malakas ang loob mo...dapat may sipag at tiyaga din...even if you have a small capital...
* know your market
* know how to market your items without overselling it
* know your items by heart, meaning dapat you can stand by its quality. tried and tested mo personally
* build good relationship with clients.
* dapat may drive ka din to succeed. maraming trials ka na pag dadaanan, pero dapat hindi ka mawawalan ng loob.
life's a b*tch, deal with it

the best revenge to be very poised and beautiful

http://martinezmrv.blogspot.com
http://twinkletown.multiply.com
http://twinkletown.terapad.com

cabyness

• Cabyness Speaks
  • Smile! :)
    • My Beauty Blog!
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2010, 05:31:08 pm »
Thank you for all the tips! I read each post and found each very helpful!

I am a new business woman just started this month. And I must agree that it really takes a lot of guts to start your own business. Your capital doesn't need to be big.

The main reason I put up my business is because what I'm selling is my main passion which is anything that has to do with make up. And I think that's the most important thing. To really believe in your product/business para mag suceed. :)
Make Up is LOVEE!!!

http://cabyness.blogspot.com

.I.V.Y.

• GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2010, 09:49:58 am »
I'm in the process of setting up my own business, and I've been asking around. More research, more information. Talagang high risk ang mag sarili pero almost everyone ng tanungin ko naging successful naman. Hindi rin overnight ang pag unlad pero malaki ang chance basta maintain the right attitude and keep the drive to make the business work.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close